Anyone but Liverpool?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Anyone but Liverpool?

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:11 pm

So tonights clash between the Manchester clubs seems to have caused Man United fans some consternation about the outcome of a Red Devil victory.

Do they win and possibly gift the upper hand in the title race to Liverpool or do they lose and keep Man City in the race?

I've heard a lot of them today in the office praying for a loss and can't quite wrap my head around it.

At stake for them is missing out on a top 4 place and competing in the Champions League which could lead to a clear out of players not wanting to battle it out in the Europa.

For months they were gnoshing off the likes of Pogba and De Gea yet now they gnash and wail thier existence after a few low key performances.

To lose these world class players would be detrimental but they seemingly want to lose tonight simply so an old adversary can't win a league title (even though the last Liverpool title win was well before many of these Man United fans were even born).

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Re: Anyone but Liverpool?

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:18 pm

Yeah it's bonkers. I don't like saying this because it's usually said by nobheads to people who don't agree with them, but can't be a real fan, no matter the cost. You support your team no matter what. They should want to absolutely do city in. They are obviously bigger rivals with Liverpool than City, but it's still a big derby game. Not that it should matter, if they were playing Huddersfield and a win would somehow help Liverpool win the title, they should still want to bloody win.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:31 pm

Victory requires so explanation, defeat allows none.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:28 pm

Plus, it'd be ridiculous for them to want that for City too. Which I know many of them don't see as their true rival compared to Liverpool, but still, to wish your team defeat so that your city rival tops your historic rival is ridiculous.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:30 pm

Yeah, Man U fans rivalry against Liverpool vastly outweighs their rivalry with Man C, but they’d never want to lose to City. Being happy to lose to a rival of any kind is small club mentality, and Man U are anything but small.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:15 pm

I live in Manchester and there's been loads of it. Bunch of wankers.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:47 am

There was some celebrity who is a Man Utd fan on telly the other day, they were saying the reason they would prefer City winning the league is because they are used to it now, whereas Liverpool fans would be unbearable if they win it and i have to agree, i already cant stand most Liverpool fans with the way some of them go on, so for them to win the league i couldn't think of anything more annoying, also its not like its something that will blow over, they always hang onto their history so this would be referred to till the day we all die.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:05 am

How dare they enjoy winning the league. I'm sure we would all clap in a dignified manner then never mention it again.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:11 am

Colly wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:05 am
How dare they enjoy winning the league. I'm sure we would all clap in a dignified manner then never mention it again.
Nobody is saying they cant enjoy winning it? <roll>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:18 am

Colly wrote:
I didn't start supporting Newcastle for titles and glory. I had Scotland's national team for that.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:35 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:11 am
Colly wrote:
But this idea that "Liverpool fans are the worst" is nonsensical. I'm sure they're terrible on Twitter as everyone is, and I'm sure the guy everyone knows who supports them but isn't from there and never has been will be unbearable, but their actual fans are no different to ours other than having not been starved of success for nearly as long. I genuinely find this "Liverpool fans are terrible" thing ridiculous, and completely short sighted too.

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:32 pm

Colly wrote:
😂😂😂😂 Except it'd be 25 years of pure liverpoo wankfest anywhere if they win it, marketing plucky Liverpool against big bad city. Absolute s****

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:06 pm

Colly wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:35 am
Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:11 am

But this idea that "Liverpool fans are the worst" is nonsensical. I'm sure they're terrible on Twitter as everyone is, and I'm sure the guy everyone knows who supports them but isn't from there and never has been will be unbearable, but their actual fans are no different to ours other than having not been starved of success for nearly as long. I genuinely find this "Liverpool fans are terrible" thing ridiculous, and completely short sighted too.
I used to think that until I got an office job in Liverpool...
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:42 am

It will be unbearable if the Scousers win it because of the inevitable media wankfest that will ensue.
''Massive club'' ''Fans deserve it, so starved of success'' ''Klopp is the best guy ever'' ''Magical atmosphere at Anfield'' etc etc

Awful club, think they are special, they aren't, seem to think that they are on some moral high ground because they haven't spent any money , well they have and when they had a monopoly on football in the 70's they spent mega bucks as well. Twats.

Finally and most importantly though the thing I hate most of all about football fans is that they think a good history makes them a big club or gives them a divine right to win things or be in a certain league. Liverpool fans are the worst for this. Guess what, history doesn't really matter. Sure it's great to reminisce about great games you've been to or cups you've won but all that really matters is the season just gone, the one happening now and the one in the future. No point boasting about your 5 league titles in the 80's to a person who's side has won last seasons and is top of the league this, for example. It's borderline a campaign for franchised football when people bleet on about Chelsea and City having no history, it doesn't matter , it's not even true, who cares anyway they are creating their own history now and guess what they did it by spending a load of cash like you you minging entitled scouse mongs.

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:39 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:42 am
It will be unbearable if the Scousers win it because of the inevitable media wankfest that will ensue.
''Massive club'' ''Fans deserve it, so starved of success'' ''Klopp is the best guy ever'' ''Magical atmosphere at Anfield'' etc etc

Awful club, think they are special, they aren't, seem to think that they are on some moral high ground because they haven't spent any money , well they have and when they had a monopoly on football in the 70's they spent mega bucks as well. Twats.

Finally and most importantly though the thing I hate most of all about football fans is that they think a good history makes them a big club or gives them a divine right to win things or be in a certain league. Liverpool fans are the worst for this. Guess what, history doesn't really matter. Sure it's great to reminisce about great games you've been to or cups you've won but all that really matters is the season just gone, the one happening now and the one in the future. No point boasting about your 5 league titles in the 80's to a person who's side has won last seasons and is top of the league this, for example. It's borderline a campaign for franchised football when people bleet on about Chelsea and City having no history, it doesn't matter , it's not even true, who cares anyway they are creating their own history now and guess what they did it by spending a load of cash like you you minging entitled scouse mongs.
<applause> <applause> <applause>

Crouching Shola Hidden Talent
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Crouching Shola Hidden Talent » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:07 pm

It's the media connection that gets me, and the way their club is romanticised to the hilt, almost like it's other-worldly. I'm also pretty sure it is a contractual obligation that when you sign for Liverpool as a player that you also agree to become a low level pundit with a fetish for nostalgia and cliches when you retire.

In relation to the thread topic: I would never, ever want us to lose, regardless of the consequences for our closest rivals. Makes no sense.
There is no sin except stupidity.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:20 pm

Burnley holding Man c, if it finished like that it’s advantage Liverpool! It is great to watch this battle tbf, regardless of who wins it. In fact Liverpool fans will be even worse if they don’t win the league this season, forever more they’ll be saying “back in 201@ when we got 95 points or whatever and didn’t win the league”...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:05 pm

Advantage City!

ColbacksFlamingBarnet
Shelvey's Precious

Post by ColbacksFlamingBarnet » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:09 pm

Man city have won this. Christ I hate Man city so very much. But what will annoy me even more is all the United fans crowing about how liverpool still haven;t got a title, ignoring the shambles of their own team (relatively speaking, compared to the other top 6 teams)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:02 pm

Seems like nobody wants to finish 3rd and 4th with Man U, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal regularly slipping up. The so called elite (below City and Liverpool) don’t exactly look untouchable