NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu May 16, 2019 10:44 am

Yeah I saw that. What's that about? Playing a friendly overseas before the end of the season, daft. Only thing I can imagine is that it was scheduled a while ago for the end of the premier league season, over looking the fact they might have finals to be in.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Asprillasfurcoat
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Asprillasfurcoat » Thu May 16, 2019 11:08 am

Not NUFC ( but EX NUFC .. ) rumour today of Patrick Van Aaholt to Man Utd - Is he that good ? Or have United become that bad ?
What a player! What a signing! What a day for Newcastle United! .. actual BBC commentary from Moussa Sissoko's first game for Newcastle United

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu May 16, 2019 11:09 am

Asprillasfurcoat wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:08 am
Not NUFC ( but EX NUFC .. ) rumour today of Patrick Van Aaholt to Man Utd - Is he that good ? Or have United become that bad ?
Hah I saw that. Double swoop for him and Wan-Bissaka for some absurd figure. I think it's more the latter. He's surely no better than midtable, Van Aanholt.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu May 16, 2019 11:15 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:27 am
Speaking of Loftus-Cheek, he played for Chelsea in a friendly and ruptured his achilles and will now miss the Europa Final, how stupid can Chelsea get <laugh>
Absolute madness playing that game, just another case of pure greed and the club chasing money.
Asprillasfurcoat wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:08 am
Yeah I think it's more a reflection of how far Man U have fallen. PVA is decent enough at mid-table level, certainly wouldn't put him in the 'elite' category and not the type of signing you make if you're trying to rebuild a serious title challenging team. Suppose he'll be fine for their EUROPA league campaign <laugh>

Zaha also wants to leave Palace, wonder where he'll end up. Undoubtedly talented but I do think he's over-hyped.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu May 16, 2019 11:54 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:15 am

Zaha also wants to leave Palace, wonder where he'll end up. Undoubtedly talented but I do think he's over-hyped.
Dortmund to replace Sancho if he ends up leaving? Spurs have long been suitors for him as well. Palace supposedly ready to demand 80m, he's nowhere near that good.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu May 16, 2019 1:11 pm

CIH wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:54 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:15 am

Dortmund to replace Sancho if he ends up leaving? Spurs have long been suitors for him as well. Palace supposedly ready to demand 80m, he's nowhere near that good.
I don't think Dortmund would pay £80m, an English team probably would tho...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu May 16, 2019 2:38 pm

19 goals and 15 assists over the past 2 seasons is pretty good in a side as drab as Palace, and as much as that is crazy money for anyone, he's been the difference for them between staying up and relegation, and that's worth a lot to them.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu May 16, 2019 2:55 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:38 pm
19 goals and 15 assists over the past 2 seasons is pretty good in a side as drab as Palace, and as much as that is crazy money for anyone, he's been the difference for them between staying up and relegation, and that's worth a lot to them.
This is true, what he's actually worth and what he's worth to Palace are two different things.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu May 16, 2019 3:11 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:55 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:38 pm
This is true, what he's actually worth and what he's worth to Palace are two different things.
Definitely. Especially for a club like them (or us for that matter), who can rarely afford (or be able to attract) sure things. So they know what they get from Zaha, and they could spend 10s of millions in today's market and not be sure they'll get the same production back.

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Fri May 17, 2019 9:48 am

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/fo ... -1-9772851

This made me laugh. What an 'exclusive' - an unknown French player linked with Newcastle over the past 3 windows and a 30 year old winger who has never really shown that he recovered from his ACL injury that took him over a year to recover from...
Remember Colo wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:11 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:55 pm

Definitely. Especially for a club like them (or us for that matter), who can rarely afford (or be able to attract) sure things. So they know what they get from Zaha, and they could spend 10s of millions in today's market and not be sure they'll get the same production back.
I don't think Zaha should be considering larger teams than mid-table - he couldn't put the yards in or fit a system at Manchester where he wasn't the focal point. Palace are hoping for a big bid because they're essentially haemorrhaging money - they've at least 3 players exceeding the NUFC salary cap and really don't have the revenue stream for that.

I always thought he wasn't ever worth the cash, people were really talking him up a season or so ago where he had something like 3 goals and 5 assists over halfway through the season for Palace...the stats above suggest he contributes to an additional 4/5 wins a season. Invaluable to Palace, but doubt he could add that to a Chelsea or an Everton. He is an HGP though, so that's why he's rated around £80m and not £50m

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri May 17, 2019 10:27 am

Palace do have a very high wage bill. Zaha will be on big money, as will Townsend, Benteke and Sakho. I'm sure that Max Meyer is on over £200k per week too (complete waste of money).

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Fri May 17, 2019 2:20 pm

Man Utd interested in Longstaff

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri May 17, 2019 2:35 pm

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:20 pm
If he does move in future he’ll probably want to go to a top club.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri May 17, 2019 2:59 pm

Sell them Matt for £25 million

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri May 17, 2019 5:11 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:35 pm
I wonder what their recruitment is going to be like this summer. They're in shambles with so many huge earners on the outs, a manager they just hired who's already lost momentum, no CL football. Which isn't to say they don't still have pull, but they're just so disorganized right now, I can't imagine a lot of in-demand top players are going to want the uncertainty and drama.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri May 17, 2019 6:15 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:11 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:35 pm

I wonder what their recruitment is going to be like this summer. They're in shambles with so many huge earners on the outs, a manager they just hired who's already lost momentum, no CL football. Which isn't to say they don't still have pull, but they're just so disorganized right now, I can't imagine a lot of in-demand top players are going to want the uncertainty and drama.
Given top players still consider going to China then Man Utd can compete for them.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri May 17, 2019 6:42 pm

Young, English, had 1/3 of a great season, did we mention he’s English? Equates to about £50m in today’s market..!

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri May 17, 2019 8:54 pm

They're now linked with Sessegnon which feels more sensible.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri May 17, 2019 10:29 pm

Colly wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:54 pm
They're now linked with Sessegnon which feels more sensible.
Different positions, and Man U need strengthening in both, so not unfeasible they wouldn't go for both. I don't see us entertaining any idea of selling Longstaff this summer, would take a kind of fee that he's nowhere near worth yet. As for Sessegon, he will undoubtedly get a move, but I wouldn't necesarilly think to Man U. They are a big club but their stock is as low as it has been for a while, and he will have other offers. Spurs predominantly, under a highly rated coach who is well known for developing and improving young English players. Plus champions league. Man U have neither, and pretty much stalled the career of the last English left back they signed. Although Shaw's stutterings not necessarilly OGS fault.

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Sat May 18, 2019 11:23 am

IF Manchester United are prepared to offer £50m+ for Longstaff, I'd take it.

I know, we'd be down to one CM in the entire squad, but I doubt we'd regret it long term. Anyone who signs for them will end up being a mid-table player and that's the best he can hope for at an NUFC under Fatshley.

Sessegnon seems a shoo-in for Spuds. They've an aging back line and are heavily reliant on attacking full backs for their style of play, unless they're thinking he'll come in as the Eriksen replacement. Again, a HGP thus an inflated fee