NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Colly
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5535
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Colly » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:00 pm

We're not a big club. We should have definitely given Mitro more of a chance, especially given his replacement was essentially like for like in Rondon.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27125
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:09 pm

Toondes wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:50 am
Mitro had a chance at Fulham and didn’t set the world alight. Granted In a poor team but he’s not good enough for a big club
11 goals and 3 assists in 37 games isn't dissimilar to what Perez did for us last season, not bad considering Fulham were pretty shocking for much of the season. But it's an old debate not worth re-opening!

I'd have liked to see Mbemba given more of a chance too, and would have been great to keep Merino but from what I saw he wanted to go back to Spain.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27125
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:59 pm



Colback <puke>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5535
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Colly » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:05 pm

Honestly I have no issue with Colback as backup left back. Beyond me why we shipped him out in favour of Gamez, Lazaar, Clark and Mbemba miles out of position etc.

Love how there's so much of Hayden on there given he'll be gone in a couple of weeks.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27125
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:19 pm

Colly wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:05 pm
Honestly I have no issue with Colback as backup left back. Beyond me why we shipped him out in favour of Gamez, Lazaar, Clark and Mbemba miles out of position etc.

Love how there's so much of Hayden on there given he'll be gone in a couple of weeks.
I'd rather play Clark as back-up LB tbh.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Tsi
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 11930
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Up North

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Tsi » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:57 pm

Every cloud so they say

http://sportwitness.co.uk/newcastle-uni ... pid-talks/
SpoilerShow
On May 28th we covered a report from Spain which detailed Alaves’ interest in Joselu.

Then on June 6th, Mundo Deportivo reported the 29 year old wanted to ‘flee’ Newcastle United because of a lack of game time.

A day later, Marca pushed the idea of an imminent announcement, explaining Joselu would be taking a pay cut, and the deal would cost Alaves around €2m.

On the 11th, Mundo Deportivo said the Spanish club were waiting to announce the player’s signing, but there was a catch. An official confirmation was ‘a matter of hours away’, however, they added: ‘it only remains that the striker can be dissociated from the contract year that remains with Newcastle.’

That sounded like Alaves wanted him for free.

On June 17th, Mundo said the were just ‘legal deadlines’ in the way of the deal, insinuating Alaves wanted to wait until after their year end on June 30th.

Yesterday, AS reported Joselu would be arriving ‘in the coming days’, and that there was a ‘closed agreement’ with Newcastle United. ‘Now it only remains to make official’, they added.

Today, Mundo reports there’s ‘advanced negotiations’ for the move to happen.

This one is certainly taking its time.

CIH
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1695
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by CIH » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:58 pm

I wonder if the club have decided to keep him as our starting forward now that we don't really have any?

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27125
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:03 pm

Bet he can’t wait to flee the £40k a week contract that he’s on <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Remember Colo
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9490
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:05 pm

CIH wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:58 pm
I wonder if the club have decided to keep him as our starting forward now that we don't really have any?
If a forward plays but nobody ever sees him score, is he really a forward?

Image

User avatar
ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies
Posts: 20474
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 pm
Location: Down Sowf

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by ALF » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:08 pm

Toondes wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:50 am
Mitro had a chance at Fulham and didn’t set the world alight. Granted In a poor team but he’s not good enough for a big club
He was their best player and got given the captaincy for half the season. He's also scored 23 goals in his last 31 internationals.

User avatar
ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies
Posts: 20474
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 pm
Location: Down Sowf

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by ALF » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:09 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:19 pm
Colly wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:05 pm
Honestly I have no issue with Colback as backup left back. Beyond me why we shipped him out in favour of Gamez, Lazaar, Clark and Mbemba miles out of position etc.

Love how there's so much of Hayden on there given he'll be gone in a couple of weeks.
I'd rather play Clark as back-up LB tbh.
I'd rather play a traffic cone at LB than Colback.

User avatar
Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police
Posts: 7690
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:23 pm
Location: Newcastle, High Heaton

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Toondes » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:31 pm

ALF wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:08 pm
Toondes wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:50 am
Mitro had a chance at Fulham and didn’t set the world alight. Granted In a poor team but he’s not good enough for a big club
He was their best player and got given the captaincy for half the season. He's also scored 23 goals in his last 31 internationals.
Best player ? Really ? Had a decent start but don’t remember much after that.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

User avatar
Remember Colo
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9490
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:32 pm

Toondes wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:31 pm
ALF wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:08 pm


He was their best player and got given the captaincy for half the season. He's also scored 23 goals in his last 31 internationals.
Best player ? Really ? Had a decent start but don’t remember much after that.
That can be said for the entirety of their team. When Ranieri took over he changed their system to try and compensate for their horrendous backline - and it did result in shipping less goals, but it also means they stopped scoring them too. Under Parker they opened up a bit again. It's a dumb debate though because I think we can all agree Mitro is better than the options we're currently left with, but that's only partly due to him being solid enough, and more to do with the club completely failing to permanently sign quality forwards.

User avatar
lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc
Posts: 1589
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Stavanger

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:48 pm

Blackburn looking to Darlow as a replacement for Raya
<ayo>

User avatar
Tsi
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 11930
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Up North

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Tsi » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:43 pm

According to L’Equipe, Newcastle United have now made a bid in the region of £20m for Jean-Philippe Mateta – but the offer comes in ‘well below’ FSV Mainz’s asking price.

Online
User avatar
The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9208
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:00 pm

Tsi wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:43 pm
According to L’Equipe, Newcastle United have now made a bid in the region of £20m for Jean-Philippe Mateta – but the offer comes in ‘well below’ FSV Mainz’s asking price.
I highly doubt we're bidding for anyone that this moment in time, let alone £20mil

User avatar
Tsi
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 11930
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Up North

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Tsi » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:36 pm

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:00 pm
Tsi wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:43 pm
According to L’Equipe, Newcastle United have now made a bid in the region of £20m for Jean-Philippe Mateta – but the offer comes in ‘well below’ FSV Mainz’s asking price.
I highly doubt we're bidding for anyone that this moment in time, let alone £20mil
I agree but it's a rumour thread <roll>

CIH
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1695
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by CIH » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:04 pm

Tsi wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:43 pm
According to L’Equipe, Newcastle United have now made a bid in the region of £20m for Jean-Philippe Mateta – but the offer comes in ‘well below’ FSV Mainz’s asking price.

Hakuna Mateta

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 19606
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:06 pm

ALF wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:09 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:19 pm


I'd rather play Clark as back-up LB tbh.
I'd rather play a traffic cone at LB than Colback.
Like were going to buy a traffic cone.

CIH
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1695
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by CIH » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:41 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:06 pm
ALF wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:09 pm


I'd rather play a traffic cone at LB than Colback.
Like were going to buy a traffic cone.
Is that soiled rag still knocking about?

Post Reply