The Managerial Merry-Go-Round Thread

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: The Managerial Merry-Go-Round Thread

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:41 am

I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:43 am

Wowza!

Thank god we managed to hold onto Brucey here.

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:47 am

Can't see this ending well

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:09 am

It’ll be good for a while then turn to s*** <laugh>

They really couldn’t have gotten a more polar opposite to Poch, time will tell if he’ll be a short term fix as when you consider it Mourinho actually did quite well at Man U (second in the league, couple of trophies). Can’t see him being at Spurs for more than a couple of seasons tho.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:38 pm

To be fair, don't they only have 6 wins in their previous 24 matches? If correct, that's pretty terrible for a side as good as theirs. He deserved more time, to be sure, but a lot of sides that have held a top 4 side for as many years as them would probably have their patience start running out too. They have too good a squad to be playing this poorly, which is probably on their seemingly unmotivated players, but they've passed the point of an overachieving club and that narrative doesn't work for me.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:52 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:38 pm
To be fair, don't they only have 6 wins in their previous 24 matches? If correct, that's pretty terrible for a side as good as theirs. He deserved more time, to be sure, but a lot of sides that have held a top 4 side for as many years as them would probably have their patience start running out too. They have too good a squad to be playing this poorly, which is probably on their seemingly unmotivated players, but they've passed the point of an overachieving club and that narrative doesn't work for me.
Their form has been horrendous and they haven't won away since January. Only slightly above relegation form.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:58 pm

ALF wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:52 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:38 pm
Their form has been horrendous and they haven't won away since January. Only slightly above relegation form.
Absolutely. Now would I have hired Jose? Probably not, but personally, I love the drama he brings to the league - as long as its at clubs I'm not a fan of.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:27 pm

Pochettino next Man Utd manager <scratch>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:29 pm

Man U, Bayern and Real jobs all potentially available in summer.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:26 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:29 pm
If not sooner! Can't see Zidane lasting the season at Madrid.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:46 pm

Flick is doing a good job at Bayern apparently, but he is only interim. While it's more likely they'll stick with him, depends if Bayern blink or not with Poch now available. Although he might fancy a break till the summer anyway. He's got some dollar to spend.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:35 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a break until summer. The last few months at Spurs did seem to take it out of him, seemed very flat whenever you saw him. 5.5 years in a PL job is a long slog as it’s pretty much a 7 day a week role where you have to totally immerse yourself in every aspect of football.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:45 pm

Will be interesting to see where he lands next. Those big usual suspects often love hiring the same old names, or people with ties to the club, so we'll see how the industry has perceived Poch.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:04 pm

I don’t think he’ll be short of offers whenever he wants a job.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:57 am

ALF wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:26 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:29 pm
If not sooner! Can't see Zidane lasting the season at Madrid.
Or Solskjaer at Man U

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:27 am

Yeah could see Zidane going before the end of the season, I think Man U will stick with Solskjaer until the end of the season to try and prove a point. They do look better now that Martial is back fit again as he seems to make a difference to their attack.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:04 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:27 am
Yeah could see Zidane going before the end of the season, I think Man U will stick with Solskjaer until the end of the season to try and prove a point. They do look better now that Martial is back fit again as he seems to make a difference to their attack.
I found it bizarre that when he was out injured and they were playing terrible, pundits seemed to forget he existed. It's no coincidence that they looked okay at the beginning of the season with him at the 9, and now again with him back, Instead there was so much debate about Rashford as if he was their first choice front man.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:31 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:04 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:27 am
I found it bizarre that when he was out injured and they were playing terrible, pundits seemed to forget he existed. It's no coincidence that they looked okay at the beginning of the season with him at the 9, and now again with him back, Instead there was so much debate about Rashford as if he was their first choice front man.
Rashford = English striker = must be the key man in the team (as far as English pundits are concerned).

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:10 pm

Poch to Arsenal <scratch>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:33 am

Emery sacked.