Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Re: The Managerial Merry-Go-Round Thread

Post by UlversToon » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:04 am

Beatski wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:33 am
Oval85 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:13 pm
Huh, neither Norwich or Villa went for Bruce. I bet the experts are shocked!
weirdly i havent heard him mentioned at all. even though he did such a good job here, according to pundits
Man Utd?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:22 pm

Good grief, two parallel threads about Bruce not getting talked up. A sensitive bunch we are.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:14 pm

Dean Smith appointed the new Norwich manager. Nepotism at its finest

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:36 pm

Beatski wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:14 pm
Is Delia his mum?
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:46 pm

Cabella's Invincible Hair wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:36 pm
Beatski wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:14 pm
Is Delia his mum?
Yup <erk>

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:11 pm

haha - abd Will smith is his brother
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:26 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:22 pm
Good grief, two parallel threads about Bruce not getting talked up. A sensitive bunch we are.
It's just baffling to me that a manager of this caliber is still out of job when all these pundits talked so highly of him his last weeks at Newcastle, suddenly none of them support Bruce as manager at either Villa or Norwich. I'm sure it's okay we are having some fun on their behalf, because after all, most of them are complete jokes.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:47 am

I believe he statistically had the most money spent on playing staff than any other Newcastle manager in the history of the club. Obviously inflation will come in there, but even so. Apparently according to the same pundits, he was never backed financially. He couldn't do anything better because of the frugal ownership.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:23 pm

Pundits start to talk up Bruce as Solskjær's replacement now.
This is going to be a fun round <laugh>

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:33 pm

To be fair, only Sol Campbell.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:37 pm

Colly wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:33 pm
Only because the others are busy feeling sorry for OGS on twitter <laugh>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:02 pm

Colly wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:33 pm
Surprised he hasn’t thrown his hat into the ring…
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:54 am

thats wierd i fort bruce was set 2 retire no? oh has a job come up thatd give him loadsa money? oh right lol guess he nt retirin now, wierd innit

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:37 am

He seems like one of those who cannot let go. Could not let go of his football career, turned into a manager. Could not let go of his boyhood club, had to get fired. He would jump over the ManUtd job in a second, and after that he would probably retire because that is the icing on his managerial campaign. And congrats to him for almost turning half a league into mediocre clusterf***ery.

I would love that carousel to end in Manchester, fookin' love it <laugh> People can say what they will about Solskjærs tactics, and fairly so, but people seem to forget what kind of state they were in before he took over. He has brought so much positivity back there, they just have a bunch of players who don't give a crap. I said it when it happened, Ronaldo might have been his biggest mistake. They were clicking before he came, suddenly both Rashford and Greenwood are on the bench. Changed the whole attitude of the team. With Bruce there they will fall back 3 years, if they haven't allready by bringing in Ronaldo.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:17 am

Agree on the Greenwood/Rashford point, they were a slick attacking unit last season and both of those featured heavily. Getting Ronaldo in has just completely disjointed everything.

For Ole, I'd say he did turn them back into a team up until this season, but this season for the most part they have looked like a bunch of players who don't give a crap again so he has gone full circle. Some of that is on the players, but at the same time the complete omission of van de Beek (apparently looked good when he came on v Watford from what I heard listening on the radio) and not really bedding in Sancho at all is more on him and poor squad management.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:43 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:17 am
Agree on the Greenwood/Rashford point, they were a slick attacking unit last season and both of those featured heavily. Getting Ronaldo in has just completely disjointed everything.

For Ole, I'd say he did turn them back into a team up until this season, but this season for the most part they have looked like a bunch of players who don't give a crap again so he has gone full circle. Some of that is on the players, but at the same time the complete omission of van de Beek (apparently looked good when he came on v Watford from what I heard listening on the radio) and not really bedding in Sancho at all is more on him and poor squad management.
I agree. This season didn't look good, though they did okay the first 4 games before Ronaldo came. Like I said, bringing Ronaldo in changed the whole rotation around, suddenly there where no space for Sancho because Solskjær insisted on using Ronaldo and Bruno and usually two strikers on the wings. The young ones were then left behind a striker pair with a combined age of 71 <laugh>
He did rotate at first though, then the media slanted him straight away for not using their "best" players. And also the more he rotated the more it looked like he didn't know his best line up at all. This season it didn't look like he could do anything right. Big question marks about his staff as well, I mean... It is him, Carrick, Neville and a bunch of dinosaurs really who had success when Ferguson was there.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:48 am

Wonder if Bruce will have the balls to drop Ronaldo when he takes charge <laugh>

If I had been in Ole's position I'd have kept Ronaldo for the CL (that's what Ronaldo really cares about anyway) and stuck with the attack that was working last season for PL matches, whilst integrating Sancho. I'd also have dropped Maguire who has been a laughing stock most of the season but because he's £80m captain slabhead he's untouchable.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:34 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:48 am
Wonder if Bruce will have the balls to drop Ronaldo when he takes charge <laugh>

If I had been in Ole's position I'd have kept Ronaldo for the CL (that's what Ronaldo really cares about anyway) and stuck with the attack that was working last season for PL matches, whilst integrating Sancho. I'd also have dropped Maguire who has been a laughing stock most of the season but because he's £80m captain slabhead he's untouchable.
I doubt he'll jeopardise his international break forays to Portugal <roll>

Also "captain slabhead" <laugh>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:11 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:43 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:17 am

I agree. This season didn't look good, though they did okay the first 4 games before Ronaldo came. Like I said, bringing Ronaldo in changed the whole rotation around, suddenly there where no space for Sancho because Solskjær insisted on using Ronaldo and Bruno and usually two strikers on the wings. The young ones were then left behind a striker pair with a combined age of 71 <laugh>
He did rotate at first though, then the media slanted him straight away for not using their "best" players. And also the more he rotated the more it looked like he didn't know his best line up at all. This season it didn't look like he could do anything right. Big question marks about his staff as well, I mean... It is him, Carrick, Neville and a bunch of dinosaurs really who had success when Ferguson was there.
Isn't Neville Inter Miami's (Beckham's club) manager?

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:17 pm

Yeah, I think you are right. I'm sure I saw a picture somewhere where he was standing next to Solskjær.
Maybe he is the missing piece <laugh>

Edit: Hmm, Solskjær seems to have a Phil Neville replica on the bench... anyone seen this???

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/ol ... =2048x2048

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/ma ... =2048x2048