Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

User avatar
TJR
10 Champs Gold
10 Champs Gold
Posts: 11413
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:41 pm
Location: Newcastle
Contact:

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by TJR » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:38 pm

Speedo wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:09 pm






A few people have followed up the names and addresses etc. Good sign, if nothing concrete...
Another key step in the proccess.

Apparently Premier League approval has also been granted and the takeover will be announced officially on Friday.

Happy days.

User avatar
The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9174
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:40 pm

TJR wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:38 pm
Speedo wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:09 pm






A few people have followed up the names and addresses etc. Good sign, if nothing concrete...
Another key step in the proccess.

Apparently Premier League approval has also been granted and the takeover will be announced officially on Friday.

Happy days.
You trolling motherfu... <roll>

Infatuation junkie
Darlow's Do
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:40 pm

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Infatuation junkie » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:49 pm

Tomato SAUCE?

CIH
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1584
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by CIH » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:51 pm

What's actually the origin of this Friday announcement stuff? I don't even recall anymore haha. Was it back when the club used be arsey with the papers and would announce news after the print deadline of the local rags?
<notbad>

User avatar
Tsi
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 11806
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Tsi » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:15 pm

Sheikh Khaled registers holding company – Mike Ashley registered holding company St James Holdings on 21 May 2007.

Within 48 hours he was effectively the new owner of Newcastle United.
<ohnoes>

User avatar
Tsi
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 11806
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Tsi » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:17 pm

Colly wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:50 pm
Tsi wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:25 pm


<pards>
<carvs>
And so the cycle of s*** begins again <kray>

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 19528
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:27 pm

Tsi wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:17 pm
Colly wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:50 pm


<carvs>
And so the cycle of s*** begins again <kray>
I for one welcome the new cyclers of s***.

User avatar
krully
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4620
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:14 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by krully » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:43 pm

Sounds like a lot of fake news

Infatuation junkie
Darlow's Do
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:40 pm

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Infatuation junkie » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:46 pm

For once i am slightly excited

User avatar
Tsi
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 11806
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Tsi » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:38 pm

krully wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:43 pm
Sounds like a lot of fake news
If you mean the company then this



If it is connected time will tell but with that it's looking more than likely that it's going to happen.

User avatar
Remember Colo
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9389
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:42 pm

I'm all in on optimism! Disappointment can't be any more painful than perpetual hopelessness.

User avatar
Tsi
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 11806
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Tsi » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:44 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:42 pm
I'm all in on optimism! Disappointment can't be any more painful than perpetual hopelessness.
True, i'm optimistic now but there's still a part of me that feels it'll f*** up somewhere.

User avatar
PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Posts: 8637
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:42 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by PTAO? » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:46 pm

I'm pretty sure it's not impossible to fake directorship, but it is illegal, so I'm edging towards cautious optimism, whilst still expecting the worst.

User avatar
Tsi
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 11806
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Tsi » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:48 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:46 pm
I'm pretty sure it's not impossible to fake directorship, but it is illegal, so I'm edging towards cautious optimism, whilst still expecting the worst.
ANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDD for the first time since this began i was thinking it might be true but it's now gone <coat>

2 minutes of hope crushed <wah>

User avatar
PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Posts: 8637
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:42 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by PTAO? » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:17 pm

Tsi wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:48 pm
PTAO? wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:46 pm
I'm pretty sure it's not impossible to fake directorship, but it is illegal, so I'm edging towards cautious optimism, whilst still expecting the worst.
ANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDD for the first time since this began i was thinking it might be true but it's now gone <coat>

2 minutes of hope crushed <wah>

I'm here to serve <gent>

User avatar
Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2831
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Hjl » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:10 am

Colly wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:56 pm
krully wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:09 pm
I see Sunderland are in the midst of a take over bid themselves
<ashley>
That would be hilarious

User avatar
Vaj
Dyslexia Untied: Flash League Champions
Dyslexia Untied: Flash League Champions
Posts: 3485
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:56 pm
Location: Kendal
Contact:

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Vaj » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:17 am

PTAO? wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:46 pm
I'm pretty sure it's not impossible to fake directorship, but it is illegal, so I'm edging towards cautious optimism, whilst still expecting the worst.
This is correct. However the documentation that has been submitted to Companies House has the logo of Pinsent Masons on it. I would be very surprised if someone has gone to the effort to do this as a wind up and put the stamp of a very well established and highly respected law firm on the documentation - which would get you in even more s*** if you were found to have falsified it all.

For me, this company is completely legit. It is just whether or not they have jumped the gun a bit or are they really close and is this the final step.

User avatar
Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant
Posts: 9122
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:26 am

Lee Marshall basically told people yesterday he isn't allowed to comment, and that even saying he can't comment is probably pushing it a little, so something is definitely in the works, you don't silence club officials on something that isn't real.

It just looks like it's a matter of time, I won't be disappointed if nothing is heard this week, I'll still stick to the back end of next week being the more likely outcome, that's if there is one.
TINO'S ON FIRE BARCELONA'S TERRIFIED
Image

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 26929
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:27 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:26 am
Lee Marshall basically told people yesterday he isn't allowed to comment, and that even saying he can't comment is probably pushing it a little, so something is definitely in the works, you don't silence club officials on something that isn't real.

It just looks like it's a matter of time, I won't be disappointed if nothing is heard this week, I'll still stick to the back end of next week being the more likely outcome, that's if there is one.
Yeah tbh end of the month would still be pretty quick.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2831
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Hjl » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:23 pm

I can feel it in my bones. It's gonna happen.

Post Reply