Summer 2019 takeover saga

Online
User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 19608
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:03 am

seaside nipper wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:57 am
BZG poised to make a statement ??!!
Shields Gazette...................
<backout>
I love a good statement, especially when it's from the Bydgoszcz Ignacy Jan Paderewski Airport.

seaside nipper
Aarons' Ailments
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 11:34 am
Location: West of Scotland by the sea

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by seaside nipper » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:05 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:03 am
seaside nipper wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:57 am
BZG poised to make a statement ??!!
Shields Gazette...................
<backout>
I love a good statement, especially when it's from the Bydgoszcz Ignacy Jan Paderewski Airport.
<laugh>
No need to polish up on the turd like status just yet
Clydeside & Tyneside

User avatar
Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant
Posts: 9176
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:27 am

Apparently the source for this coming statement is a local lad who works in Dubai sports media/Journalism , supposed to be pretty legit, claims that PL is holding up the BZG statement at the moment which if true probably means PL checks are on the verge of completion which should be good news.

Hopefully it's true, he's been backed as legitimate and reliable by other people I consider legit and honest, so fingers crossed, still not getting my hopes up like.
TINO'S ON FIRE BARCELONA'S TERRIFIED
Image

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27125
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:38 am

Remember the optimism at the start of this thread <awe>

Now we have no manager, hardly any coaches, unlikely to sign Rondon, Perez off to Leicester, Joselu still here and we’re desperately clinging to hope from unknown sources that things are still happening...

If a takeover was close then surely this Perez transfer wouldn’t be happening yet? Can’t imagine the new owners will be happy to have agreed a fee then for Ashley to flog a £30m asset while the deal is going through.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

CIH
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1698
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by CIH » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:42 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:38 am
Remember the optimism at the start of this thread <awe>

Now we have no manager, hardly any coaches, unlikely to sign Rondon, Perez off to Leicester, Joselu still here and we’re desperately clinging to hope from unknown sources that things are still happening...

If a takeover was close then surely this Perez transfer wouldn’t be happening yet? Can’t imagine the new owners will be happy to have agreed a fee then for Ashley to flog a £30m asset while the deal is going through.
I imagine they agreed for the sale with Ashley, and that money will go back into the club not the fat man's pocket. They'll need it to fund the big money move for Roriguez <awe>

<urgh>

User avatar
Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant
Posts: 9176
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:43 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:38 am
Remember the optimism at the start of this thread <awe>

Now we have no manager, hardly any coaches, unlikely to sign Rondon, Perez off to Leicester, Joselu still here and we’re desperately clinging to hope from unknown sources that things are still happening...

If a takeover was close then surely this Perez transfer wouldn’t be happening yet? Can’t imagine the new owners will be happy to have agreed a fee then for Ashley to flog a £30m asset while the deal is going through.
I think the Perez thing is complicated if it is a release clause, I doubt there isnt much BZG or the club could have done, I'd assume the money would just stay as liquid assets so wouldn't really effect the price of purchase.
TINO'S ON FIRE BARCELONA'S TERRIFIED
Image

Colly
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5535
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Colly » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:57 am

I'm at SJP today for Civil Service Live (it's as thrilling as it sounds), so a few ITK thoughts.

1. Can't see anything happening and the staff aren't telling.

2. There was a queue at the box office.

3. They haven't changed the team photos on the wall of the platinum suite in quite some time. 2011/12 kits, Santon, Obertan and Lovenkrands. Yum.

User avatar
Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant
Posts: 9176
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:03 pm

Colly wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:57 am
I'm at SJP today for Civil Service Live (it's as thrilling as it sounds), so a few ITK thoughts.

1. Can't see anything happening and the staff aren't telling.

2. There was a queue at the box office.

3. They haven't changed the team photos on the wall of the platinum suite in quite some time. 2011/12 kits, Santon, Obertan and Lovenkrands. Yum.
That 3rd bit makes me a lot angrier than it should, we are a club turning over millions and playing at the elite level of English football, a part of a multi billion enterprise that is broadcast globally around the world, yet we have a regime so neglectful they cannot be arsed to update a few pictures. If you can't be trusted to keep on top of that then what the f*** can you be trusted to do.
TINO'S ON FIRE BARCELONA'S TERRIFIED
Image

Colly
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5535
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Colly » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:09 pm

I saw one of the maintenance guys in Tesco at lunch, if I'd seen them before then I'd have got him telt.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27125
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:11 pm

Colly wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:57 am
2. There was a queue at the box office.
Hopefully a queue for refunds.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Tsi
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 11930
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Tsi » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:32 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:27 am
Apparently the source for this coming statement is a local lad who works in Dubai sports media/Journalism , supposed to be pretty legit, claims that PL is holding up the BZG statement at the moment which if true probably means PL checks are on the verge of completion which should be good news.

Hopefully it's true, he's been backed as legitimate and reliable by other people I consider legit and honest, so fingers crossed, still not getting my hopes up like.
They're waiting for Friday <divax>

UlversToon
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4106
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Cumbria

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by UlversToon » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:41 pm

Just couldn't get the takeover over the line! <neg>

User avatar
Remember Colo
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9492
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:52 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:41 pm
Just couldn't get the takeover over the line! <neg>
At least when there's no staff there's nobody to give a clueless statement. Saves us the trouble of getting even more angry at their ineptness. <roll>

UlversToon
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4106
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Cumbria

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by UlversToon » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:22 pm

Press 1 for home tickets, 2 for away tickets or 3 if you want to buy the club.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27125
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:31 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:22 pm
Press 1 for home tickets, 2 for away tickets or 3 if you want to buy the club.
<laugh>

I really hope that someone in the box office team leaves one day and does that on their last day.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27125
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:59 pm



Bet our academy doesn’t look like this. But then again we don’t have the financial clout of Norwich City...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27125
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:35 pm



Clutching at and straws comes to mind...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

UlversToon
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4106
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Cumbria

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by UlversToon » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:42 pm

Ashley probably meeting with manure to finalise the Longstaff deal! <neg>

User avatar
Tsi
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 11930
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Tsi » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:16 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:35 pm


Clutching at and straws comes to mind...
fav comment on this
Paper works being signed this afternoon, will be announced before 10pm. Trip to China is also being cancelled, will be confirmed once another team can be announced to take our place. New home fixtures are being looked at. Jose M is working hard on transfers as we speak
<laugh>

The sooner Ashley shoots this takeover crap down the better but i guess he's having too much fun atm.

User avatar
Remember Colo
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9492
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:29 pm

Tsi wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:16 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:35 pm


Clutching at and straws comes to mind...
fav comment on this
Paper works being signed this afternoon, will be announced before 10pm. Trip to China is also being cancelled, will be confirmed once another team can be announced to take our place. New home fixtures are being looked at. Jose M is working hard on transfers as we speak
<laugh>

The sooner Ashley shoots this takeover crap down the better but i guess he's having too much fun atm.
I don't think Ashley is giving it a second thought right now. I'm sure he'd love to get his 350m and f*** off, but he's too stubborn and proud and likely makes the whole process 4x more difficult than it should be.

I think people on social media like that guy are having the most fun from it all.

Post Reply