Bury FC on the brink

Shaker01
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Bury FC on the brink

Post by Shaker01 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:22 pm

Hi all-lifelong Shaker (55) here.
Pretty desperate times at Gigg Lane with our previous owner vastly over-spending and our new one proving
difficult to say the least. Suffice to say we have a winding up order deferred to the 19th June.
I have been watching the club since the early 1970's and have seen one Bury v Newcastle fixture in 1980, when Bury triumphed over 2 legs in the league cup-1980!

Probably the most famous connection between the clubs is Terry Mc who signed from us to you in 1973.

I know times are tough for many, but if you can help fivers, tenners, maybe a little more it would be really appreciated!

https://www.gofundme.com/save-bury-football-clu ... bLCUjMK0

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Re: Bury FC on the brink

Post by Toondes » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:36 pm

Done
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Shaker01
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Shaker01 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:57 am

Thankyou Tonndes--Phil.

The California Kid
Tindall's Hoody

Post by The California Kid » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:35 am

Bury canned me in FM18. I'm still holding a grudge.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:35 am

Seems like it could be 24 hours to oblivion for Bury.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:18 pm

Dead and Bury'd by the look of it.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:54 pm

Takeover has fallen through
The company which was attempting to buy Bury Football Club, C&N Sporting Risk, says it is "unable to proceed" with its takeover of the League One club.

Bury, who had been given until 17:00 BST on Tuesday to complete the deal, now face expulsion from the English Football League.
Not looking good and Bolton next by the looks of it.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:16 pm

Bad news. I would say that this should be a wake up call for the EFL / FA (and even the PL) but it won’t be.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:07 pm

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:11 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:07 pm
Tweet not showing for me <cry>

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:56 pm

Living in the South Lakes we get our local news from BBC North West and they are reporting that there are three potential bids on the table for Bury, one of which is from a former owner of Gateshead.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:42 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:56 pm
Living in the South Lakes we get our local news from BBC North West and they are reporting that there are three potential bids on the table for Bury, one of which is from a former owner of Gateshead.
Bid isn't from a former Gateshead owner, it's from a cronut who almost destroyed the club and got us liquidated. He wasnt the official owner and officially was a volunteer but now everyone is describing him as an ex owner.

f***ing disgrace the man should be in prison. Google Joseph Cala with Gateshead, Portsmouth, Belper Town or Morecambe and you will find out all you need to know, better off liquidated than with him.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:44 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:16 pm
Bad news. I would say that this should be a wake up call for the EFL / FA (and even the PL) but it won’t be.
It should be but there have been plenty of wake up calls . Luton, Maidstone, Pompey etc.

Realistically though what do they do? The fot and proper persons test isn't fit or proper, that would be a start but people will always slip through the net, then what do you do? Pump money into a club that's failed?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:52 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:44 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:16 pm
It should be but there have been plenty of wake up calls . Luton, Maidstone, Pompey etc.

Realistically though what do they do? The fot and proper persons test isn't fit or proper, that would be a start but people will always slip through the net, then what do you do? Pump money into a club that's failed?
Yeah I agree it’s tough but a more robust test would be a start.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:09 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:42 pm
UlversToon wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:56 pm
Bid isn't from a former Gateshead owner, it's from a cronut who almost destroyed the club and got us liquidated. He wasnt the official owner and officially was a volunteer but now everyone is describing him as an ex owner.

f***ing disgrace the man should be in prison. Google Joseph Cala with Gateshead, Portsmouth, Belper Town or Morecambe and you will find out all you need to know, better off liquidated than with him.
No names were mentioned but I had a feeling that might be the guy - amazing he's still allowed anywhere near a football club if it is him.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:22 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:09 pm
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:42 pm

No names were mentioned but I had a feeling that might be the guy - amazing he's still allowed anywhere near a football club if it is him.
Dale has named him as one of the bidders. He will fail fit and proper test hopefully none of his cronies are the other bidders as was the case at Gateshead.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:23 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:52 pm
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:44 pm

It would but I wish people would stop acting like the EFL or PL clubs pumping in a few million would be the answer. It's not that simple.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:29 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:23 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:52 pm

It would but I wish people would stop acting like the EFL or PL clubs pumping in a few million would be the answer. It's not that simple.
Agreed. I imagine this isn't even as new a problem as people let on, the difference is, with news and social media, etc. people have far more awareness about club financial problems, and the penalties levied by the FA really hammer clubs too. Which isn't to say this isn't sad for fans of Bury, or that more shouldn't be done, just that it seems with how many clubs there are in England, the wide revenue range, it's inevitable that some clubs (like any other businesses) will face this.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:07 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:29 pm
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:23 pm

Agreed. I imagine this isn't even as new a problem as people let on, the difference is, with news and social media, etc. people have far more awareness about club financial problems, and the penalties levied by the FA really hammer clubs too. Which isn't to say this isn't sad for fans of Bury, or that more shouldn't be done, just that it seems with how many clubs there are in England, the wide revenue range, it's inevitable that some clubs (like any other businesses) will face this.
Nothing close to a new problem, Maidstone cast off into oblivion in 92, Scarborough f***ed off, Luton crashing through the leagues, nowhere near as much fuss over Pompey. Plenty more in that list. It's not a problem caused by the PL or clubs at the top getting richer, clubs throughout the leagues are richer than ever, they've just been mismanaged.

Theres a problem within the game to blame the PL and Sky etc for all that is wrong in the game, it's just so much more nuanced than that.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:17 pm