http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Re: Rafa leaving official confirmation

Post by Sanchino » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:12 pm

CIH wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:58 pm
Speedo wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:48 pm
On Avram Grant, Arsene Wenger, coaches we’ve never heard of - I reckon that we’re looking for a Director of Football, with a Head Coach/coaching team to work under him. They keep on talking about being sounded out for “a” role, rather than the manager’s job...
Wenger as DoF, Arteta as manager?
Too good to be true.

Let's just get it done with and bring back the king..

<pards>

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:14 pm

I’m getting bored of seeing “get out of our club while you can” as the first comment under every player’s farewell post to Rafa on Twitter. Absolute melts. Just had our best asset leave. I know, why don’t we encourage all our other assets to leave. Really helps the situation, doesn’t it?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:17 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:12 pm
CIH wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:58 pm

Wenger as DoF, Arteta as manager?
Too good to be true.

Let's just get it done with and bring back the king..

<pards>
I dare to dream <awe>

<wenger>
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Sir Bobby wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:14 pm
I’m getting bored of seeing “get out of our club while you can” as the first comment under every player’s farewell post to Rafa on Twitter. Absolute melts. Just had our best asset leave. I know, why don’t we encourage all our other assets to leave. Really helps the situation, doesn’t it?
They have a point though, the club is becoming a black hole, come here/ stay here and you are going nowhere, for me they are only stating the obvious, if I was a professional footballer I wouldn't touch the club right now, there is literally nothing going for us, it's just an existence at the moment.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:30 pm

Yeah but don't tell them that!

In fairness if I were a professional playing in France or Spain outside the top clubs we're still appealing, the pay is still higher than those leagues, you're in the most exposed league in terms of coverage so if you're any good you get noticed, and you might see our usual craziness as a challenge. Our system of buy low sell high has worked on odd occasions so if a good coach does come in that might continue too.

Trying to see positives where there are none...

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:40 pm

Colly wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:30 pm
Yeah but don't tell them that!

In fairness if I were a professional playing in France or Spain outside the top clubs we're still appealing, the pay is still higher than those leagues, you're in the most exposed league in terms of coverage so if you're any good you get noticed, and you might see our usual craziness as a challenge. Our system of buy low sell high has worked on odd occasions so if a good coach does come in that might continue too.

Trying to see positives where there are none...
No, I think you're right about that. And there are plenty of situations just like this with owners who only care about making money and haven't a bit of sense about how to successfully run a club. We're not as special as we think we are when it comes to having a s*** owner, but it doesn't make it any easier to see opportunities like Rafa as manager squandered.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:41 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:19 pm
Sir Bobby wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:14 pm
They have a point though, the club is becoming a black hole, come here/ stay here and you are going nowhere, for me they are only stating the obvious, if I was a professional footballer I wouldn't touch the club right now, there is literally nothing going for us, it's just an existence at the moment.
You say it as if the other clubs are pushing for trophies and achievements. Most teams are going nowhere. Ours is especially miserable because the going nowhere seems endless until Ashley leaves whereas others have at least, a very small chance of winning something. But if a player moves to about half of the league they’ll either be battling relegation or, at best, stagnating in the middle. It’s not as if playing in front of 50,000 fans and living in a vibrant city is this tragic event compared with playing in front of 25,000 fans and living in Burnley or Bournemouth.

I don’t see how encouraging players to leave benefits us at all. It’s so self-defeating and weak. All in all, is the situation bad? Yes. Should we be telling our players to get out as if they’re heading down Dante’s Circles of Hell? No.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:42 pm

I'd add, I don't really know why they didn't just lie to him? Like, what assurances could they have possibly made that he would have trusted, or the reverse, wouldn't they have felt fine promising the world and then consistently disappointing like they always have? I'd be really interested what he asked for as proof they would back him in the ways he wanted.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:44 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:42 pm
I'd add, I don't really know why they didn't just lie to him? Like, what assurances could they have possibly made that he would have trusted, or the reverse, wouldn't they have felt fine promising the world and then consistently disappointing like they always have? I'd be really interested what he asked for as proof they would back him in the ways he wanted.
There were reports that he wanted specific transfer funds written into his contract and things like that, ironclad guarantees. May just have been speculation, but not something they could just lie about, and clearly a dealbreaker.
Last edited by Valentino's fast feet on Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:46 pm

Shola has his UEFA A licence so he can manage the team as a caretaker.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:47 pm

CIH wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:44 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:42 pm
There was reports that he wanted specific transfer funds written into his contract and things like that, ironclad guarantees. May just have been speculation, but not something they could just lie about, and clearly a dealbreaker.
Still seems like a really unenforceable clause. I don't doubt what you're saying is true, but from a legal standpoint, I think it'd be pretty hard to require the employer spend x-million pounds per window or whatever.

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:50 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:46 pm
Shola has his UEFA A licence so he can manage the team as a caretaker.
And become the greatest manager of them all!! <shello>

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:51 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:47 pm
CIH wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:44 pm

There was reports that he wanted specific transfer funds written into his contract and things like that, ironclad guarantees. May just have been speculation, but not something they could just lie about, and clearly a dealbreaker.
Still seems like a really unenforceable clause. I don't doubt what you're saying is true, but from a legal standpoint, I think it'd be pretty hard to require the employer spend x-million pounds per window or whatever.
Like I said, think it's purely speculation. As for it being enforceable, yeah possibly not. Rafa walks out a king and Ashley is clearly the villain, but we will probably never know what exactly happened with the negotiations. While most of us, myself included, are far more inclined to believe it's all Ashley's fault, we don't know if Benitez's demands were reasonable or otherwise.

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:15 pm

TalkSPORT guest tonight saying Rafa was beaten to the punch today by Ashley. Rafa expected an 11th hour compromise, but Ashley et al decided nope, not playing your game. Hence the announcement today “the cannot and will not “ line. Pretty petty s***.
Clydeside & Tyneside

vrabbit
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by vrabbit » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:24 pm

the transfer window got going at the beginning of June, is that right?

so 24 days in we have no manager, the dark cloud of hope we may get rid of Ashley, no clue as to whether the club has a replacement lined up for Rafa, no hope any manager actually wants to come here with all the uncertainty, and no hope any players actually wants to come play here also because of the uncertainty.

Damn, and I thought WBA fans had it rough. At least NUFC is still in the PL (for now)

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:27 pm

Reports saying first Rafa heard was statement released by the club. Ashley didn't even have the dignity to tell him first what a cronut
I'll Hazard a guess

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:29 pm

Sir Bobby wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:41 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:19 pm

You say it as if the other clubs are pushing for trophies and achievements. Most teams are going nowhere. Ours is especially miserable because the going nowhere seems endless until Ashley leaves whereas others have at least, a very small chance of winning something. But if a player moves to about half of the league they’ll either be battling relegation or, at best, stagnating in the middle. It’s not as if playing in front of 50,000 fans and living in a vibrant city is this tragic event compared with playing in front of 25,000 fans and living in Burnley or Bournemouth.
Yes, but we are trying to go nowhere.

Stevo
Pope's Goalposts

Post by Stevo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:37 pm

Desperately bad news - none of the suggested replacements give me hope....

Slim999
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Slim999 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:45 pm

Chappy wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:13 pm
I'm done unless a takeover follows.
The takeover HAS to happen now.

HOLD BACK THOSE SEASON TICKET PURCHASES UNTIL IT'S 100% DONE

IF YOU BUY A SEASON TICKET NOW THEN YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:46 pm

You're not part of the problem if you choose to support your team.