The next manager?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Re: The next manager?

Post by Tsi » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:51 pm

A lot of pundits/people suggesting Gerrard i really can't see Rangers doing any business with Ashley.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:54 pm

Tsi wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:51 pm
A lot of pundits/people suggesting Gerrard i really can't see Rangers doing any business with Ashley.
Straight swap for Gerrard if Mike gives them the club shop back.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:05 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:54 pm
Tsi wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:51 pm
Straight swap for Gerrard if Mike gives them the club shop back.
<laugh>

gotcoffee
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by gotcoffee » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:15 pm

Phil Neville .. if he can get a bunch of girls playing a bit of footy he could definitely work with Florian, Ayoze, Fabien, Frederico, Antonio & the rest of the hen party ..
ERROR you are not allowed to use images of Shola without his consent
Image Removed Automagically

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:24 pm

Infatuation junkie wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:29 pm
Who is going to come in here with strings attached to all limbs?
Seriously guys. The only reason a manager would come here is for money and a nice leather seat in his office.

I just went into the kitchen and washed my hands.

Was a short and sweet journey registering on this forum. But alas. My patience is well and truly gone. I have cancelled my DD.

Now to find a team that has some desire in the area. Because this is like Eastenders.
I mean Rafa came to the club while in the relegation zone and stayed for 3.5 years, so I guess managers are still willing despite all this. Not that I'm actually expecting a manager of his pedigree again without a change in ownership.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:55 pm

Alex Ferguson isnt doing anything

vrabbit
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by vrabbit » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:16 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:24 pm
Infatuation junkie wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:29 pm
Who is going to come in here with strings attached to all limbs?
Seriously guys. The only reason a manager would come here is for money and a nice leather seat in his office.

I just went into the kitchen and washed my hands.

Was a short and sweet journey registering on this forum. But alas. My patience is well and truly gone. I have cancelled my DD.

Now to find a team that has some desire in the area. Because this is like Eastenders.
I mean Rafa came to the club while in the relegation zone and stayed for 3.5 years, so I guess managers are still willing despite all this. Not that I'm actually expecting a manager of his pedigree again without a change in ownership.
and look how he was treated after getting the club back to the PL and back-to-back mid-table finishes. I fail to see how that doesn't scare good managers from coming to NUFC. Van Bronckhorst's outspoken interest on the job is actually somewhat of a red flag to me

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:36 pm

vrabbit wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:16 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:24 pm

and look how he was treated after getting the club back to the PL and back-to-back mid-table finishes. I fail to see how that doesn't scare good managers from coming to NUFC. Van Bronckhorst's outspoken interest on the job is actually somewhat of a red flag to me
As the second sentence in my post suggested, I don't expect to get another manager like Rafa. I only meant to say, we were shocked that they somehow managed to hire him at the time under the circumstances, and with a track record of pissing off Shearer, Keegan, etc. and a decade of incompetence, it was still surprising.

vrabbit
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by vrabbit » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:31 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:36 pm
vrabbit wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:16 pm

As the second sentence in my post suggested, I don't expect to get another manager like Rafa. I only meant to say, we were shocked that they somehow managed to hire him at the time under the circumstances, and with a track record of pissing off Shearer, Keegan, etc. and a decade of incompetence, it was still surprising.
gotcha, thanks for allowing me to get some of my frustration out <grr>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:54 pm

I'm so apathetic over all this now, I've always tried to remain positive and interested through all of Mike Ashley's reign, through the worst of the pardew/carver/mcclaren years, but now I just feel fully defeated, I honestly don't care we have no manager, no coaches, no transfers, a depleted squad, all the things a football fan should be gravely worried about, none of it is there for me, that's probably the scariest thing for me right now. <erk>

vrabbit
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by vrabbit » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:19 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:54 pm
I'm so apathetic over all this now, I've always tried to remain positive and interested through all of Mike Ashley's reign, through the worst of the pardew/carver/mcclaren years, but now I just feel fully defeated, I honestly don't care we have no manager, no coaches, no transfers, a depleted squad, all the things a football fan should be gravely worried about, none of it is there for me, that's probably the scariest thing for me right now. <erk>
I don't think "care" is the right word here. I'd replace that with "expect". It's hard to have expectations right now. That's how I feel. I care ... but I have no clue what to expect, and I'm definitely not hopeful about any realistic expectations I can think of <fist>

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:35 pm

Relax , the takeover will be announced soon.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

The California Kid
Tindall's Hoody

Post by The California Kid » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:05 pm

Does this mean we go back to picking up undersized French kids?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:12 pm

The California Kid wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:05 pm
<worried>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:51 am

Patrick Viera is supposedly in contention but it won't happen as we'd have to pay compensation to his current club; which is nice.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:13 pm

The California Kid wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:05 pm
<perv>
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:31 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:51 am
Patrick Viera is supposedly in contention but it won't happen as we'd have to pay compensation to his current club; which is nice.
Apparently he interviewed when we eventually went for old island head and impressed at the time. Mustn't have impressed that much, ended up with f***ing McClaren. Argument is experience I suppose, but by that point big stevie Mac was just an expert in failure. I hope there's some truth in Vieira, be a bit of excitement at the very least.

But yeah, I don't see it likely we will pay compensation, he's never done it before hand. Telegraph reckons our "short list" are Arteta, Vieira and Gerrard, all requiring compensation fees. Dyche supposedly been linked, can't see him wanting to swap Burnley for this regime, but would cost 10m anyway so never mind.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:38 pm

CIH wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:31 pm
overseasTOON wrote:
Apparently he interviewed when we eventually went for old island head and impressed at the time. Mustn't have impressed that much, ended up with f***ing McClaren. Argument is experience I suppose, but by that point big stevie Mac was just an expert in failure. I hope there's some truth in Vieira, be a bit of excitement at the very least.

But yeah, I don't see it likely we will pay compensation, he's never done it before hand. Telegraph reckons our "short list" are Arteta, Vieira and Gerrard, all requiring compensation fees. Dyche supposedly been linked, can't see him wanting to swap Burnley for this regime, but would cost 10m anyway so never mind.
Yeah I remember Vieira being heavily linked before. He may have interviewed well before but if McClaren was cheaper then that in itself was probably enough reason for him to get the job. Plus McClaren would have been more of a yes man whereas Vieira seems to be more insistent on doing things his way (which is obviously a no-no for Ashley).
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Ol' Dirty Bas Dost
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Ol' Dirty Bas Dost » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:38 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
SpoilerShow

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:45 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:54 pm
This is how I felt before Rafa was appointed, and I'm right back there now. There is no hope for the club; there is no point in worrying about it, it's going to be s***. I guess it's a self preservation thing, just stop caring so you can't be hurt when the inevitable happens.