Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:01 am
Bruce supposedly the 11th choice
That high up the list?

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: The next manager?

Post by Alfie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:07 am

I applaud Mike Ashley, he's made Football Manager 2019-20 a real challenge this year . . . . . and I get to replace Steve Bruce. Bonus.
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:24 am

This grubby mess takes yet another turn. Sheffield Wednesday rightly challenging Ashley and his announcement on the 'APPOINTMENT' of latest club coach and support team
The EPL / FA or whomsoever governs the league should sanction Ashley for utterly negligent and downright unfit and proper person to run a Premiership club. Guys just a sickening spiv !
Clydeside & Tyneside

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:08 pm

I'm a bit worried about our gaffa. He goes to a county with spicy food. Hope he can manage that.

Asprillasfurcoat
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Asprillasfurcoat » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:21 pm

Will Bruce be allowed to manage NUFC while Legal Action is pending ? Or are we in a state of limbo until any Court Case is resolved ?
What a player! What a signing! What a day for Newcastle United! .. actual BBC commentary from Moussa Sissoko's first game for Newcastle United

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:28 pm

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:08 pm
I'm a bit worried about our gaffa. He goes to a county with spicy food. Hope he can manage that.
Surely we're not sending him to China? Or was county not a typo...

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:00 pm

Have to say that i'm underwhelmed with his appointment but got to get behind the team or what's the point. The one thing we have to do is get signings in asap or we're f***ed but this is NUFC so buckle up for the ride <laugh>

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:22 pm

Tsi wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:00 pm
Have to say that i'm underwhelmed with his appointment but got to get behind the team or what's the point. The one thing we have to do is get signings in asap or we're f***ed but this is NUFC so buckle up for the ride <laugh>
Why do we have to get behind the team?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:23 pm

Close the board. Football is done.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:15 pm

Wasn't a fan of Benitez and i'm on the record as being glad he left, but will admit to being extremely underwhelmed and disappointed by this appointment.

But as TSI says I will get behind the team and hope that Bruce manages to surprise us and prove me wrong. Gonna be another long hard season I fear.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:19 pm

saves = survival wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:22 pm
Tsi wrote:
Why wouldn't you? Do the players appoint the manager and coaching staff? Decide the transfer budget, player contracts and make the big decisions about club policy?

No they don't, so why remove your support from them because of decisions made by other people. You can protest the club establishment and support the team simultaneously you know.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:09 pm

Asprillasfurcoat wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:21 pm
Will Bruce be allowed to manage NUFC while Legal Action is pending ? Or are we in a state of limbo until any Court Case is resolved ?
Your Honour.

I think I can summarise quickly as to why Sheffield Wednesday should drop all claims and allow Steve Bruce to continue with his new employer.

You see, Mr Ashley has always had a soft spot for Sheffield given that he’s very fond of stainless steel. I present a written statement from Mr Ashley that clearly states he’s owned many cutlery sets in his life time and has always, always looked for the stamp of “Made in Sheffield”. He’s always stood behind Sheffield your Honour.

When Mr Ashley heard that Sheffield Wednesday had an ambition to attain promotion to the Premier League he realized that the manager they had in place; Mr Bruce, he was most likely unsuitable to elevate the club to their dreams and henceforth sought to employ Mr Bruce so that Sheffield Wednesday could bring in a far more competent manager. If anything, Mr Ashley is supporting Sheffield as he’s always done.

My client Mr Ashley wishes for me to point out that even though Mr Bruce has attained all required coaching badges to manage a team at the highest levels; he’d like to also state that Mr Bruce hasn’t even got a 10 metre swimming badge and as we all know; they’ve been doled out to everyone. The reason I bring this up is that these so called UEFA coaching ‘badges’ are readily available to anyone with time and money; of which Mr Bruce had much of; so much so in fact that he even found time to author a few books which are of very dubious quality and yet he still wrote them.

Given these facts, Sheffield Wednesday shouldn’t struggle in the slightest to replace Mr Bruce at all with a person of far higher caliber and therefore Mr Bruce should be available to work at the behest of Mr Ashley and maybe even do something with Newcastle United who simply have ambitions to just scrape survival.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:18 pm

saves = survival wrote:
Tsi wrote:
Because they're our team you monumental...

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:19 pm

Just to clarify (again) I have no problem with people not attending games, I'll be watching less but to rub it in decent fan's noses and call the 'scabs' ect is just pathetic.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:43 pm

saves = survival wrote:
Tsi wrote:
Erm... Because we support NUFC..?

Somebodys pinched my sombrero
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Somebodys pinched my sombrero » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:50 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:19 pm
Just to clarify (again) I have no problem with people not attending games, I'll be watching less but to rub it in decent fan's noses and call the 'scabs' ect is just pathetic.
My sentiments entirely.
Supporting the Toon since 1972.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:57 pm

Being from Hull today has been an annoying day at work for completely different reason than normal as I've been getting told all day about how great Bruce is, I'd rather they had taken the piss tbh <laugh> <neg>

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:04 pm

complicit

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:14 pm

saves = survival wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:04 pm
complicit
It's not the f***ing Cold War or The Miners strike. Just because the 'stand' against Ashley defines your life doesn't mean it defines everyone else's.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:21 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:14 pm
saves = survival wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:04 pm
complicit
It's not the f***ing Cold War or The Miners strike. Just because the 'stand' against Ashley defines your life doesn't mean it defines everyone else's.
Why you so upset about my opinion? Calm down pal.