The next manager?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Re: The next manager?

Post by beatski » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:18 am

Tsi wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:54 am
It's crazy when someone like Florez is available for free alright he might not be everyone's choice but f***ing hell he's a way better option than Bruce.
This. Actually paying compensation for Steve Bruce, to replace Benitez and taking 2 months to sort it out. Imagine being that bad at your job.

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:24 am

<disgrace>
FFS, you cannot be serious.
Seriously ????
Oh man .............................
Clydeside & Tyneside

ScottW1886
Pope's Goalposts

Post by ScottW1886 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:34 am

I saw mention that it needs to be tied up very quickly, whoever the new manager is, if they are going to get a Visa for the China trip...

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:39 am

As far as I'm concerned, if you attend a match this season you're a scab.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:45 am

Scab me up bigtime.

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:50 am

You must admit. ashley made the perfect appointment from his point of view (the one who never want to sell the club at first place). He hired an old english dinosaur who is liked by the press just as any other english dinosaur. So if you turn against him since day one you'll be that deluded geordie full with blind hate of whatever decision ashley made about Newcastle. Also he hire a geordie. So if you turn against him since day one you'll be that deluded geordie full with blind hate of whatever decision ashley made about Newcastle. Simon Jordan always start the rim job about Steve Bruce.

The fat f*** and his clique are like the nazis. Just in a decade they somehow manage to brainwash a mass of people making them zombies. Support the team not the regime... Because that works. Meanwhile KK said back in 08` that the club going nowhere under the fat f***. Cheers.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:54 am

Colly wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:45 am
Scab me up bigtime.
You going in your Forest kit to the Arsenal match, aye?

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:02 pm

Tsi wrote:
It's crazy when someone like Florez is available for free alright he might not be everyone's choice but f***ing hell he's a way better option than Bruce.
This. Pardew is free and still has 1 year contract left on his 8 year deal. Rather him over Bruce. Only positive with Bruce is he's known to get Championship teams promoted to the Prem. Will do well next year when we're away to the likes of Luton tryiny to scrap a play-off place. <awe> <diva>

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:06 pm

saves = survival wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:54 am
Colly wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:45 am
Scab me up bigtime.
You going in your Forest kit to the Arsenal match, aye?
Pardon?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:08 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:02 pm
Tsi wrote:
This. Pardew is free and still has 1 year contract left on his 8 year deal. Rather him over Bruce. Only positive with Bruce is he's known to get Championship teams promoted to the Prem. Will do well next year when we're away to the likes of Luton tryiny to scrap a play-off place. <awe> <diva>
The odd thing is that you're probably right, and the thing that would rule out Pardew would be his previous stint, but if we've really offered Allardyce it I don't know what's going on. Joe Kinnear must be unavailable.

Somebodys pinched my sombrero
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Somebodys pinched my sombrero » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:20 pm

saves = survival wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:39 am
Don’t agree with that. I haven’t renewed two season tickets, but I’ll continue to go away. Individual choice, but I certainly wouldn’t call anyone a scab for attending.
Supporting the Toon since 1972.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:55 pm

saves = survival wrote:
People are free to go to matches. Got a lot of respect for them if they want to put themselves through Steve Bruce to support the team.

Imagine turning against your fellow supporters. Worst part is you'll come scurrying back if things ever start going well again.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:29 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:55 pm
saves = survival wrote:
People are free to go to matches. Got a lot of respect for them if they want to put themselves through Steve Bruce to support the team.

Imagine turning against your fellow supporters. Worst part is you'll come scurrying back if things ever start going well again.
This. People are free to do / not do as they please.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:34 pm

Just realised that Pulis is available...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:37 pm

Would be fun to hear "Cheer up Stevie Bruce" next season at SJP. Especially the part of "s*** football team". That's of course if the zombies at the stands decide to sing.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:37 pm

People are free to do as they wish, and I won't judge them for wanting to watch their team, but they are enabling Ashley.
Say what you want about the % income coming from matchday, but >50% attendance would cost a lot more than the drop in income. We'd be picked less for TV and sponsors wouldn't be as keen either.

This is not the club I adored as a kid. I'm done until we get an owner with an interest in winning as many games as possible.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:46 pm

Why would we be picked less by sky if we had lower attendances ? Genuine question ? Surely more people would buy sky if they weren’t attending matches ?
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:51 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:34 pm
Just realised that Pulis is available...
<fist>

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:59 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:37 pm
People are free to do as they wish, and I won't judge them for wanting to watch their team, but they are enabling Ashley.
Say what you want about the % income coming from matchday, but >50% attendance would cost a lot more than the drop in income. We'd be picked less for TV and sponsors wouldn't be as keen either.

This is not the club I adored as a kid. I'm done until we get an owner with an interest in winning as many games as possible.
It IS the club you adored as a kid. The one constant IS the club. The owners, the managers the players are all transient in nature, the football club at SJP IS the constant. That is the institution that demands and receives the unqualified support. You don't just stop caring.
Its undeniable that presently supporters near and far are questioning their renewing , attending, purchasing, etc. all because of the current regime. There's anger, frustration and utter despair frankly, but the support stays. My concern is that an adversely negative fan reaction, irrespective of provocation has a hugely negative effect on the players.

Each to their own, but come game day, acht, I seriously just dunno presently...............................hopefully before then something genie like happens. Otherwise, its strap in for the roller-coaster.
Clydeside & Tyneside

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:10 pm

Toondes wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:46 pm
Why would we be picked less by sky if we had lower attendances ? Genuine question ? Surely more people would buy sky if they weren’t attending matches ?
Sky love broadcasting our games because a) there’s always a constant narrative; albeit a negative one, and b) because we manage to fill one of the largest stadiums in the Premier League and in turn looks good on TV. Both of these things help promote their product.

The club doesn’t make any revenue from Sky selling more memberships.