Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27441
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:34 am

After one good season a £50m price tag...but Man U are desperate.



Everton got Andre Gomes for £22m which is decent business in this market.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police
Posts: 7758
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:23 pm
Location: Newcastle, High Heaton

Re: Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

Post by Toondes » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:06 pm

Watch him playing for England u21s a few times . Looks average to me but the price tag shows the stupidity of the game today.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

User avatar
Remember Colo
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9633
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:37 pm

Is there any other industry where rich people are so stupid with money? They'd never let any other product's price inflate like they do football players.

User avatar
Blue & Maroon
Final Nail
Final Nail
Posts: 10628
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: York

Re: Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:16 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:37 pm
Is there any other industry where rich people are so stupid with money? They'd never let any other product's price inflate like they do football players.
Smaller clubs have got much bigger incomes after the TV deal. Clubs like ours have inflated prices. Sellers market.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27441
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:33 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:16 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:37 pm
Is there any other industry where rich people are so stupid with money? They'd never let any other product's price inflate like they do football players.
Smaller clubs have got much bigger incomes after the TV deal. Clubs like ours have inflated prices. Sellers market.
How have we inflated the market? Other than Sissolo maybe, we haven’t sold players at massively ridiculous prices? I’d say other quite big transfers like Mitro and Gini at £25m weren’t overly excessive. Certainly not as bad as someone like Solanke (£19m) and Ibe (£15m).
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police
Posts: 7758
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:23 pm
Location: Newcastle, High Heaton

Re: Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

Post by Toondes » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:44 pm

Carroll £35m
# stolen from nufc.com :)

CIH
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1774
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

Post by CIH » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:57 pm

Carroll was a blip because Liverpool had the Torres money coming in. It was years before the market imploded to make those kind of deals more the norm.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27441
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:57 pm

CIH wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:57 pm
Carroll was a blip because Liverpool had the Torres money coming in. It was years before the market imploded to make those kind of deals more the norm.
This. The Carroll transfer wasn’t the norm like the ridiculous transfers you see all the time now.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Blue & Maroon
Final Nail
Final Nail
Posts: 10628
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: York

Re: Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:20 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:33 pm
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:16 pm


Smaller clubs have got much bigger incomes after the TV deal. Clubs like ours have inflated prices. Sellers market.
How have we inflated the market? Other than Sissolo maybe, we haven’t sold players at massively ridiculous prices? I’d say other quite big transfers like Mitro and Gini at £25m weren’t overly excessive. Certainly not as bad as someone like Solanke (£19m) and Ibe (£15m).
Clubs like ours. The Crystal Palaces, Watfords, Evertons of this world.

We seem to shaft ourselves no matter what we do <laugh>

User avatar
Remember Colo
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9633
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:33 pm

I guess I always just draw it back to basically every other sports league on earth. They do everything in their power to maximize profits and collectively bargain to ensure as little player control as possible. By comparison, football clubs use their increasing revenue to drive transfer fees and wages through the roof.

I know it's distinctly different having leagues all around the world competing against one another, and leagues themselves don't implement the franchise system. I also don't really care that billionaires are making less. But it just surprises me that owners have managed to hand over so much control to agents and players to their own detriment, allowing contracts to mean nothing, agent fees becoming huge and incentivizing more transfer demands. Just look at Barca and PSG passing hundreds of millions of euros back and forth for Neymar, with he and his people taking huge cuts.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27441
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:05 am



Seem to recall we were linked last summer - always thought he looked quite decent when I saw him playing for Southampton.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc
Posts: 1644
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Stavanger

Re: Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:04 pm

Ché Adams another who we were linked to going to Southampton for 15m
<ayo>

User avatar
lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc
Posts: 1644
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Stavanger

Re: Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:10 pm

Arsenal in talks to sign Yacine Brahimi from Porto yet another player we were interested in
<ayo>

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27441
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:44 pm

I’m not really expecting many / any transfers...spent our budget for the next decade on Almiron in January.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5737
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

Post by Colly » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:55 pm

That's still the bit that confuses me, why the hell did we spend all that money to then go "nah, not bothered again" a few months later?

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27441
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:47 pm

Colly wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:55 pm
That's still the bit that confuses me, why the hell did we spend all that money to then go "nah, not bothered again" a few months later?
No doubt Ashley or his advisors thought that it’d be a quick way to make a few million if we sold Almiron within 12-18 months, rather than it being a move solely to improve the team.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9001
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: :noitacoL

Re: Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

Post by jpg » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:48 pm

Colly wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:55 pm
That's still the bit that confuses me, why the hell did we spend all that money to then go "nah, not bothered again" a few months later?
coz big mike ashley

CIH
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1774
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

Post by CIH » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:05 pm

Saints have confirmed the permanent signing of Danny Ings from Liverpool for 20m. 8 goals in 25 appearances whilst on loan. Not defending our transfer policy one iota, but there's no value in the market these days. Although (an admittedly somewhat older) scored more and would be less, but that's just sillyness.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27441
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:07 pm

CIH wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:05 pm
Saints have confirmed the permanent signing of Danny Ings from Liverpool for 20m. 8 goals in 25 appearances whilst on loan. Not defending our transfer policy one iota, but there's no value in the market these days. Although (an admittedly somewhat older) scored more and would be less, but that's just sillyness.
Liverpool absolutely rinse other clubs when selling players <laugh>

Ings £20m, Solanke £19m, Ibe £15m <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

CIH
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1774
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: Other Clubs Transfer Deals (Summer 2019)

Post by CIH » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:17 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:07 pm
CIH wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:05 pm
Saints have confirmed the permanent signing of Danny Ings from Liverpool for 20m. 8 goals in 25 appearances whilst on loan. Not defending our transfer policy one iota, but there's no value in the market these days. Although (an admittedly somewhat older) scored more and would be less, but that's just sillyness.
Liverpool absolutely rinse other clubs when selling players <laugh>

Ings £20m, Solanke £19m, Ibe £15m <laugh>
Forgot about Ibe. Didn't we want him but signed Ritchie as a cheaper alternative, with Bournemouth bringing in Ibe as his replacement? Eddie Howe seems to be doing a lot for Merseyside last few years <laugh>

Post Reply