Re: Perez Leaving

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:42 am

He's no Jelle Vossen <ski>

Beatski
Punderful
Punderful

Post by Beatski » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:45 am

don't blame him for wanting to leave considering all the s*** he gets from fans. top goalscorer in our last two seasons too

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:31 am

Beatski wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:45 am
don't blame him for wanting to leave considering all the s*** he gets from fans. top goalscorer in our last two seasons too
No doubt he'll get booed when he comes back <disgrace>

WarrensBart

Post by WarrensBart » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:45 pm

Somebodys pinched my sombrero wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:55 am
I’m a bit surprised about his lack of ambition tbh. He’s been heavily linked with a move to Spain and Italy. But Leicester?

£30m is a good bit of business as long as it’s put back into the club. Or it could be Ashley’s final kick in the bollocks for us.

Christ, I wish he would sell up to someone with at least a little bit of ambition.
Have you seen Leicester's squad, manager and owner?

Easily one of the most exciting clubs for the upcoming season.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:47 pm

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:31 am
Beatski wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:45 am
No doubt he'll get booed when he comes back <disgrace>
There will be people in the stands?!

Remember Colo
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:06 pm

Somebodys pinched my sombrero wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:55 am
I’m a bit surprised about his lack of ambition tbh. He’s been heavily linked with a move to Spain and Italy. But Leicester?

£30m is a good bit of business as long as it’s put back into the club. Or it could be Ashley’s final kick in the bollocks for us.

Christ, I wish he would sell up to someone with at least a little bit of ambition.
The clubs linked with him in Spain and Italy aren't going to win trophies there either. I don't criticise him for going to a top half club who won the league several years ago. It's probably the right level for him, and if he wanted to stay in England, the Foxes make sense.

CIH
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by CIH » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:19 pm

Leicester are a good club backed by good ownership and have a decent manager in Rodgers. I think it's a great move for Perez personally. He's not good enough for one of the established top six, he's probably not guaranteed to start for Leicester. But he will be part of a team that will be hoping to push for europa league qualification next season. Certainly a massive step up from the current s*** show.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:58 pm

CIH wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:19 pm
Leicester are a good club backed by good ownership and have a decent manager in Rodgers. I think it's a great move for Perez personally. He's not good enough for one of the established top six, he's probably not guaranteed to start for Leicester. But he will be part of a team that will be hoping to push for europa league qualification next season. Certainly a massive step up from the current s*** show.
Yeah I was saying similar to a mate a few days before this news broke. He’s certainly not good enough for a CL club but will do well at one of those clubs just behind the main pack.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

CIH
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by CIH » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:24 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:58 pm
CIH wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:19 pm
Yeah I was saying similar to a mate a few days before this news broke. He’s certainly not good enough for a CL club but will do well at one of those clubs just behind the main pack.
If anything it might benefit him not being a guaranteed starter. Less pressure for sure. Plus, as he only seems to hit a purple patch post February, maybe Rodgers can run Maddison to the ground until then, and replace him with Perefffff. Tactics! By Harry redknapp

Chappy
10 Champs Bronze
10 Champs Bronze

Post by Chappy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:31 pm

Sly wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:24 pm
Leicester fan in peace!

This has come out of nowhere!!

What’s your opinion on him?

I spoke with my Brother in Law who’s a Newcastle fan and said he’s hit and miss, although young when he’s on it, he’s great.

We’re seeing reports of £15,000,000?!? Feels low.
£30m is the latest figure going and tbh, I think it's a very reasonable price in today's market. Yous are definitely getting the better end of the deal. We're losing one of our best forward players and one of our top goalscorers for the past 3 seasons.

I think he's an underrated player and he gets a lot of unnecessary stick at times from our fans. He's good on the ball and will get you goals, and his work rate and work off the ball is great too. It was either earlier this season or last season he was top of the league of forward players for most interceptions and/or tackles made, or something like that. He did a lot of good that went unnoticed by some of our fans.

That was under Rafa though, I don't know how Rodgers has you lot playing or how he's going to slot into your side, but under Rafa he was one of our best players. I hope he does well at Leicester <ok>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

CIH
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by CIH » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:39 pm

Chappy wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:31 pm
Sly wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:24 pm
Leicester fan in peace!

This has come out of nowhere!!

What’s your opinion on him?

I spoke with my Brother in Law who’s a Newcastle fan and said he’s hit and miss, although young when he’s on it, he’s great.

We’re seeing reports of £15,000,000?!? Feels low.
£30m is the latest figure going and tbh, I think it's a very reasonable price in today's market. Yous are definitely getting the better end of the deal. We're losing one of our best forward players and one of our top goalscorers for the past 3 seasons.

I think he's an underrated player and he gets a lot of unnecessary stick at times from our fans. He's good on the ball and will get you goals, and his work rate and work off the ball is great too. It was either earlier this season or last season he was top of the league of forward players for most interceptions and/or tackles made, or something like that. He did a lot of good that went unnoticed by some of our fans.

That was under Rafa though, I don't know how Rodgers has you lot playing or how he's going to slot into your side, but under Rafa he was one of our best players. I hope he does well at Leicester <ok>
Workrate is definitely the best thing. Off the ball he's fantastic. For some reason post February he finds his shooting boots. Any player than can get 10+ prem goals is worth it, especially if they aren't an orthadox forward.

Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:47 pm

Just thinking, when a player has a release clause does a straight fee need to be offered or can they still be done in installments? The £30m is apparently his release clause being met, could be key to how much of it we will actually see reinvested.
TINO'S ON FIRE BARCELONA'S TERRIFIED

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:01 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:47 pm
Just thinking, when a player has a release clause does a straight fee need to be offered or can they still be done in installments? The £30m is apparently his release clause being met, could be key to how much of it we will actually see reinvested.
<laugh>

CIH
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by CIH » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:06 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
If it's a release fee, as far as I am aware it has to be the full fee up front. Reinvestment under the current regime is a different kettle of fish.

Tsi
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Tsi » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Are we still paying up front for players these days or do we do instalments for higher priced players like Almiron?

Tsi
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Tsi » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:10 am

;)

ToonViking
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by ToonViking » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:25 am

And so it begins. In 2021 we'll be rocking up at Prenton Park, a year after that we'll go to the OTHER St Jame's Park to match up against Exeter. It's going well, isn't it? <urgh>

Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:08 am

TINO'S ON FIRE BARCELONA'S TERRIFIED

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:43 am

End of the day the release clause was activated, read earlier he was leaving regardless of Rafa etc. So he was always going. I actually think £30m is probably more than he's worth given his inconsistency but I get that his workrate will suit Leicester too. The bigger issue is this money won't be spent on a replacement and we know it.