Emil Krafth to sign?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Emil Krafth to sign?

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:36 am

Reports this morning that we are close to signing the Swedish right back. Can't say I knoww much about him but probs needs it's own thread
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Re: Emil Krafth to sign?

Post by Colly » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:42 am

Maybe two.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:04 am

Yeah a few people suggesting he’s the answer to our RWB problem but I really doubt many know much about him or have ever seen him play.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:26 am

He doesn’t even have a decent YouTube reel. I’m not sure what he adds above Yedlin and Manquillo, honestly. But our general recruitment strategy this summer seems to be signing players who don’t have great records (Joelinton and Saint Maximin both have questionable goals/assists) so I wonder if it’s a moneyball thing, recognising the hidden/undervalued potential.

Trying to be optimistic here. Prove me wrong lad!
I had the first custom w***

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:36 am

Speedo wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:26 am
He doesn’t even have a decent YouTube reel. I’m not sure what he adds above Yedlin and Manquillo, honestly. But our general recruitment strategy this summer seems to be signing players who don’t have great records (Joelinton and Saint Maximin both have questionable goals/assists) so I wonder if it’s a moneyball thing, recognising the hidden/undervalued potential.

In defence of Joelinton, hes a young lad who's first break out season was last year where he massively impressed whilst playing in his unfavoured position. Again with Maximin he's a young lad, I've seen a lot of comments about his end product not being great but from some of the clips I've seen he's put people in fantastic positions only for them to not finish. So hopefully with those 2, we have someone for Joelinton who can provide the chance for him, and someone for Saint-Maximin who can finish the moves he starts.

Asprillasfurcoat
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Asprillasfurcoat » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:18 am

The only thing I know about Krafth is that he doeth a good line in cheethe thlices
What a player! What a signing! What a day for Newcastle United! .. actual BBC commentary from Moussa Sissoko's first game for Newcastle United

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:22 am

He's no Farth af Amiens.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:41 am

Sounds like he's s**** from the two fans that have actually heard of him

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:15 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:36 am
Speedo wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:26 am

In defence of Joelinton, hes a young lad who's first break out season was last year where he massively impressed whilst playing in his unfavoured position. Again with Maximin he's a young lad, I've seen a lot of comments about his end product not being great but from some of the clips I've seen he's put people in fantastic positions only for them to not finish. So hopefully with those 2, we have someone for Joelinton who can provide the chance for him, and someone for Saint-Maximin who can finish the moves he starts.
Sorry to be clear - I’m very excited about Joelinton and Saint Maximin from their brief pre-season exploits and some Youtube scouting. But they are both definitely high potential vs proven ability. I’m hoping Krafth is that too. Definitely sharing your hopes (and feeling my usual false preseason optimism).
I had the first custom w***

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:25 am

Don't know much about him but you don't earn 20 caps for Sweden being crap
I'll Hazard a guess

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:30 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:25 am
Don't know much about him but you don't earn 20 caps for Sweden being crap
Yeah you do.

Have a look at their national side:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden_na ... rent_squad

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:38 am

Swedish Geez wrote:In my opinion he's w***

To be fair I've not followed him in italy or france, just when he has featured for our NT and some when he was still playing in Sweden.

I'd say he's been benched in the NT because he is not very good defensivly (we play 4-4-2 with focus on defense, aka dinosaur football)

He does seem to have quite alot of pace and stamina though and might be better suited as a wingback in a 3-5-2. Sub-par crossing.

BUT quite good throw-ins as a little bonus.

His defensive capabilities may have improved in Italy though.
Said it in the transfer thread too. He was considered a big prospect when he was younger in Helsingborg, but kind of never made it in Italy it seemed. Just barely a starter for the Swedish national team where, Celtics former player, Lustig kept him out of the starting 11. Happy to have a Swede, but IMO its the wrong Swedish Fullback we're getting (might not be able to afford the other one..).
FYI: I'm a Geordie living and working in Stockholm for the last 11 years, and a lot of the people I've spoken to (I don't follow the Swedish national team much tbh) have all responded with a "Huh? Premier League?" when I've asked them about this transfer. General consensus is he's more at the level of a Championship squad player at best, but competition, right?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:02 am

Who is the other fullback he's talking about?

Augustinsson?
I'll Hazard a guess

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:04 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:02 am
Who is the other fullback he's talking about?

Augustinsson?
That was my guess too (don't need a LB though). Just about the only player in the squad playing for a decent team

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:05 am

Beatski wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:38 am
Swedish Geez wrote:In my opinion he's w***

To be fair I've not followed him in italy or france, just when he has featured for our NT and some when he was still playing in Sweden.

I'd say he's been benched in the NT because he is not very good defensivly (we play 4-4-2 with focus on defense, aka dinosaur football)

He does seem to have quite alot of pace and stamina though and might be better suited as a wingback in a 3-5-2. Sub-par crossing.

BUT quite good throw-ins as a little bonus.

His defensive capabilities may have improved in Italy though.
Said it in the transfer thread too. He was considered a big prospect when he was younger in Helsingborg, but kind of never made it in Italy it seemed. Just barely a starter for the Swedish national team where, Celtics former player, Lustig kept him out of the starting 11. Happy to have a Swede, but IMO its the wrong Swedish Fullback we're getting (might not be able to afford the other one..).
FYI: I'm a Geordie living and working in Stockholm for the last 11 years, and a lot of the people I've spoken to (I don't follow the Swedish national team much tbh) have all responded with a "Huh? Premier League?" when I've asked them about this transfer. General consensus is he's more at the level of a Championship squad player at best, but competition, right?

Sounds like a purchase specifically for 3-5-2 football. No qualms from me.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:09 am

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:49 pm

I was hoping we were going to buy Sabaly for the rwb role <urgh>

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:10 pm

I quite like yedlin

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:11 pm

Tsi wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:49 pm
I was hoping we were going to buy Sabaly for the rwb role <urgh>
Me too. This Swedish bloke sounds mediocre at best <urgh>

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:18 pm

krully wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:10 pm
I quite like yedlin
I've always had qualms over his defensive work but I think he's looked fine in the back 5. I'd like an improvement eventually but I've seen a lot of people suggesting Manquillo has been better which I feel is a stretch. And that's from someone who doesn't mind Manquillo.