Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Re: NUFC squad announced

Post by Colly » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:19 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:28 pm
Hjl wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:11 pm
Not too surprised about Aarons. Who would you drop to include him? I can't see a single name I would drop for him.
Is there only one player on the list that doesn't count towards the 25? Otherwise there should have been room to add someone else (if they wanted to).
Matt Longstaff isn't named in the squad. Hah, my post was better.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:21 pm

No Colback, thank f***.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Re: Squads oot

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:23 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:04 pm
Sir Bobby wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:27 pm
Personally would have left one of Darlow/Elliot our and brought Aarons in, but it’s a risky move so overall I’m happy with that
Same. I don’t think it’s a risk doing that. Chances are we’re never going to need to play our third choice keeper so it’s very low risk and gives you more versatility. And if we do have a keeper crisis there would be the emergency loan system.
I think there's some kind of thing in the emergency loan system that it doesn't kick in if you've chosen not to register a third keeper. I vaguely remember a few years ago when we had a crisis, we couldn't loan someone in because we had a keeper out on loan. Either Woodman or Darlow out on loan, forget. Worse comes to worse we have a couple in the u23's I think, but I don't think we should be tempting fate by not registering a third choice personally. Jak Alnwick didn't do well in his baptism of fire.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:36 pm

CIH wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:23 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Same. I don’t think it’s a risk doing that. Chances are we’re never going to need to play our third choice keeper so it’s very low risk and gives you more versatility. And if we do have a keeper crisis there would be the emergency loan system.
I think there's some kind of thing in the emergency loan system that it doesn't kick in if you've chosen not to register a third keeper. I vaguely remember a few years ago when we had a crisis, we couldn't loan someone in because we had a keeper out on loan. Either Woodman or Darlow out on loan, forget. Worse comes to worse we have a couple in the u23's I think, but I don't think we should be tempting fate by not registering a third choice personally. Jak Alnwick didn't do well in his baptism of fire.
Even so, I’d still risk it!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:50 pm

Colly wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:19 pm
Remember Colo wrote:

Is there only one player on the list that doesn't count towards the 25? Otherwise there should have been room to add someone else (if they wanted to).
Matt Longstaff isn't named in the squad. Hah, my post was better.
What post do you talk of <whistle>
In addition, Matty Longstaff, who is under the age of 21 and as such does not need to be named in the 25-man squad, will wear number 43.
Last edited by Tsi on Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:54 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sir Bobby wrote:
Personally would have left one of Darlow/Elliot our and brought Aarons in, but it’s a risky move so overall I’m happy with that
We could have named Harker as third choice and kept Aarons but we let him go out on loan which is fair enough as he'll get game time, it's a tough one but i'd have got rid of Atsu and kept Aarons

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:15 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Hjl wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:11 pm
Not too surprised about Aarons. Who would you drop to include him? I can't see a single name I would drop for him.
Only Matty Longstaff qualifies as a youth player I believe, since his brother’s birthday is before January 1st.

Edit: just seen there was a second page where it’s mentioned <doh>

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:18 pm

Sir Bobby wrote:
This.

Guess.. Aarons living the nice cushy life though.. hey I would love to be in his position. Literally getting paid grands a week for doing s*** all. Can't get better than that ay? <diva>

Unless of course he goes to a European club on loan..

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:39 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:18 pm
Sir Bobby wrote:
This.

Guess.. Aarons living the nice cushy life though.. hey I would love to be in his position. Literally getting paid grands a week for doing s*** all. Can't get better than that ay? <diva>

Yes can't wait for his move to Rapid Vienna
I had the first custom w***

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:43 pm

Rangers to replace Ryan Kent?
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:56 am

Sanchino wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:18 pm
Sir Bobby wrote:
This.

As a young lad wanting to play football it's probably pretty s***.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:18 am

s*** is probably stretching it a bit...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?