Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Re: Match thread - Norwich V NUFC

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:49 pm

Bruuuuuuuuce () wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:04 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:57 pm
As others have said, pretty shocking match. The CBs were completely devoid of awareness and positioning, repeatedly leaving Pukki alone and requiring their RWB to try and clean up their mess. The CMs were phantoms, somehow missing the entire match (I wouldn't have even known Ki was playing if not for the pre-match lineup presentation), and the forwards were subsequently disconnected from everyone but some poorly placed crosses from the wingbacks. I won't pretend the team didn't look terrible to start each of the past two seasons, so I don't think this was some unique to Bruce problem, but they better show some more effort and cohesion in the weeks to come.
This is what I find canny funny. The central defenders were f***ing s****. Yet it was Dummett and Lascelles giving it the big one in their Sunday training session saying 'it wasn't good enough' according to Waugh in The Athletic.
Well they'd better be considering themselves part of the problem then. I excused them for looking a bit confused when Rafa first changed to a back 3, but there's no excuse a year later for them being so out of position as the last line of defence.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:52 pm

To be fair giving it the big one has been Lascelles thing since the last relegation, he was absolutely scathing of the team he barely played in. No doubt it's part of the reason he got the captaincy and works to an extent, but there are certainly times when his mouth is far more talented than his footballing ability, notably last season when he was rightly dropped.

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:03 pm

I don't feel so bad about losing them now <whistle>