Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Re: Newcastle vs Watford

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:48 pm

Sir Bobby wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:47 pm
Terrible from Muto
Yeah, bad first touch took him too wide.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:54 pm

I'm pretty sure all Almiron has is pace. Passing is poor, finishing is poor, positioning is poor, decision making is poor.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:55 pm

Hjl wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:54 pm
I'm pretty sure all Almiron has is pace. Passing is poor, finishing is poor, positioning is poor, decision making is poor.
Good dribbling

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:56 pm

FT.

Good performance, deserved more! Sharper in the final third and we'd have won that.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:56 pm

Could’ve won that. 1pt was absolute minimum required today, need to win really, but OK. 4 from 4 inc Spurs and Arsenal isn’t bad.
I had the first custom w***

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:57 pm

Guess none of us are that surprised, was a great opportunity to pick up 3 points before the international break.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:00 pm

Hjl wrote:
Very harsh, admittedly wasn't at his best today, but to write him off as just a pace player isnt that accurate, his passing and intelligence on the ball is usually spot on, he just lacks a bit of composure at times, there are a lot of aspects of his game that will improve with more PL experience. Could have probably had a goal today with a little bit more luck on his side.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:05 pm

Speedo wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:56 pm
Could’ve won that. 1pt was absolute minimum required today, need to win really, but OK. 4 from 4 inc Spurs and Arsenal isn’t bad.
This. Such a shame our finishing was poor. Muto's chance was golden and when will Miggy score?? Our decision making and positioning is poor and needs to sharpen up. I hope this match doesn't come back to bite us at the end of the season. Yes it's a point and a good all-round performance but 3 points would have been rightly deserved. We should make up for it by beating Brighton at home next (I'm not even taking the Liverpool game into account as I don't see us getting anything at Anfield). I'm hoping by next month we have Carroll back.. so many brilliant crosses but nobody in position to attack them or nobody putting there body on the line. Carroll will do that.. Kraft and Willems' / Atsu's crosses for the most part are Carroll's bread and butter. I'm not saying he'll be our savior but as long as he stays fit for a bit he'll give us a different dimension to work with upfront. I can see it already... Willems whips in a beautiful crosss... CARRROLLLLLLLLLL!!!
Carroll outmuscles the center backs and flicks it on... Almirionnn runs onto it with electric speed and ALMIRIONNNNNNN SCORESSS!!! <diva> <awe>

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:15 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:00 pm
Hjl wrote:
Very harsh, admittedly wasn't at his best today, but to write him off as just a pace player isnt that accurate, his passing and intelligence on the ball is usually spot on, he just lacks a bit of composure at times, there are a lot of aspects of his game that will improve with more PL experience. Could have probably had a goal today with a little bit more luck on his side.
Maybe. My gut tells me he isn't going to achieve much though. my gut is large and should be trusted.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:18 pm

Should have won that really. Great 20 mins in the second half but couldnt capitalise. Atsu played brilliantly, Almiron had a mare, and Krafth was non-existent. Sub was too late and for the wrong player. Too sloppy in possession all round as well.

Scalabrine
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Scalabrine » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:44 pm

Meanwhile, in Spain.

Classic Joselu's goal. <laugh>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:18 pm

That’s 2 in 2 I think for him <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:23 pm

bring him back

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:29 pm

Just seen the highlights, in terms of clear chances it it seemed pretty even. We could/should have scored again and so should they so a draw not unfair.

MOTD also pointed out that based on the new rules on accidental handball leading to a goal that ours should have been disallowed. So theirs was a fortunate goal as was ours.