Michael Owen regrets moving to Newcastle (shock) but was happy to pocket millions.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Michael Owen regrets moving to Newcastle (shock) but was happy to pocket millions.

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:56 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49561603

Wow, insightful. Newcastle is a step down from Real Madrid - no s*** Sherlock! He’s clearly stirring up media interest to flog his book.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Re: Michael Owen regrets moving to Newcastle (shock) but was happy to pocket millions.

Post by Tsi » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:09 pm

Love the fact he questions Shearer's loyalty <laugh>

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Re: Michael Owen regrets moving to Newcastle (shock) but was happy to pocket millions.

Post by Colly » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:35 pm

Players tend to have to take steps down when they get older and shitter.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:49 pm

Colly wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:35 pm
Players tend to have to take steps down when they get older and s***ter.
<laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:56 pm

He seems to feel that Liverpool didn't have the money to bring him back and ignores that they didn't want him back.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:43 pm

The step was too small in retrospect

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:47 pm

Have never warmed to him. Even less so after what he's said in his book and now just found this...

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:33 pm

The slim part I agree with is that no matter who the player is, cheering an injury is bush league and wouldn't motivate me to want to play for a team. Otherwise though, if he loved Liverpool so much in the first place, shouldn't have left, and as others have said, clearly Liverpool didn't want him, and being open to only one option when you care so much about money is stupid, especially if it's going to compromise your effort and commitment to doing your job well.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:05 pm

originallad wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:47 pm
Have never warmed to him. Even less so after what he's said in his book and now just found this...

It could all have been so different. The cabinet could have been a better manager than Shearer.

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alfie » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:18 pm

Shearer & Owen kicking off on twitter at each other. Lineker getting involved <laugh>
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:19 pm

Alfie wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:18 pm
Shearer & Owen kicking off on twitter at each other. Lineker getting involved <laugh>
I deleted twitter off my phone last week but might have to get it back!

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alfie » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:19 pm

<laugh> <laugh> <laugh>
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:13 pm

<laugh>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:47 pm

I suppose we'll have to rename the Michael Owen wing of the medical centre now.

LFCFan
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by LFCFan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:47 am

Complete asshat , Despite his achievements at Liverpool.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:44 pm

Prize wanker
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:14 am

In an alternate dimension, if Owen had scored against Villa on the last day of the 08/09 season to keep us up (we only needed a draw) do you think that he'd be looked back on any more fondly by fans or would people still see him as a bit of a mercenary and it was too little too late?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:55 am

If it meant he wouldn't have spent the next ten years telling us he wasn't arsed and didn't like us then definitely. At the time I was actually defending him a bit, he was playing lone striker in a ridiculously unproductive side and having to come stupidly deep to even get a touch, the fact we went down definitely wasn't his fault. It's everything we've heard since that shows how utterly contemptuous of football fans he is, and the reason why my 'Owen 10' shirt doesn't come out of the wardrobe anymore...

Leith-Toon
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Leith-Toon » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:39 pm

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:42 pm

<laugh>