Match day thread - Chelsea v NUFC

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Re: Match day thread - Chelsea v NUFC

Post by beatski » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:51 pm

Two page (now three) page match thread...

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:09 pm

A new low?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:32 pm

Where did everyone go...?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:57 pm

We are really s*** tbf

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:00 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:32 pm
They're tired of seeing a s*** team play football and sick of talking about it <ok>

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:43 pm

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:00 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:32 pm
They're tired of seeing a s*** team play football and sick of talking about it <ok>
Yeah I reckon. I was at work, but if I wasn't I still probably wouldn't have watched it.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:54 pm

Not directed at anyone in particular on here I just find match threads annoying because of the over the top negativity, it's not just here though there is a lot of toxic fans online these days and to be honest it takes the fun out of supporting us more than a poor performance does, so when a game is on I tend to stay in my own little bubble and enjoy watching a game.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:52 pm

I'll only pop into them if it's a tv away game, but I'd echo the negativity. I sometimes open them up on the walk back to the car after a home game and they're horrible to read at points. We beat Man Utd and I was depressed by the time I'd finished the thread...

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:52 pm

hard to react to chelsea running all over us <laugh> but it wasnt the drumming i was expecting so alls well that ends well.

Aside from me betting liverpoo to win <puke>

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:40 pm

Aye the negativity puts me off as well like. And it's not nearly as bad on here as elsewhere

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:27 pm

Speaking only for myself, I've been really busy on weekends this fall. When I haven't been, I've been out with the Newcastle supports club here in Toronto, or otherwise have avoided the scores and watched the match on-demand at night. Either way, definitely haven't been on my computer at the time of the match.

I do think there's an overall apathy towards the club. The more negative obsessive fans use other forums/websites, and the calmer lot we have around here probably just are less engaged. Would be interesting if some exciting change happened (e.g. ownership) whether it'd spur some more engagement here again.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:54 pm

Takeover talk you say? Well, January is on the horizon <roll>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:37 am

As most predicted, this was always going to be a horrible season of horrible football, ruined by allowing the manager and the goals to leavein the summer. The 0.2 Expected Goals stat from Saturday's performance is the most obvious and quotable statistic.

I honestly don't see where the goals will come from and who in the team is meant to be scoring them. You've a £40m 22 year old who is wearing the no. 9 shirt, having never proven his ability at this level, a 30 year old perma-crock who was offered a reprieve swansong despite the fact we all know his career is over, and Gayle and Muto who will never be prolific in the premier league.

NUFC.com have a great collection of stats on goals scored by the team in the premier league, season by season. It shows that 35 was the lowest ever managed. I'd be suprised if this team gets past 30 goals this season. Ultimately, that will be this team's undoing this season. That, coupled with failures to pick up wins against those in and around the drop zone, will see the team finish with somewhere between 30-35 points.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:37 pm

Well good thing we've sorted that out! I'll just stop watching now and check in on the points total when the year is out.
The 6 goals through 10 matches (0 wins) last season didn't look very promising either.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:32 pm

We've not been particularly free scoring or even looked threatening going forward for years now. In patches the year we went down maybe?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:24 pm

I think it'll all come down to the midfield gelling. With two of Longstaff/Hayden/Longstaff running the centre of the park that leaves some freedom for Willems and Yedlin to get forward. Everything basically comes down to whether ASM and Almiron can start creating though.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:44 pm

Colly wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:24 pm
I think it'll all come down to the midfield gelling. With two of Longstaff/Hayden/Longstaff running the centre of the park that leaves some freedom for Willems and Yedlin to get forward. Everything basically comes down to whether ASM and Almiron can start creating though.
Yeah, with so much of this squad being new together and needing to develop chemistry, and the rough schedule, I'm not surprised they're not scoring yet. Remains to be seen if they ever will pull it together though. I do think on paper at least there are more players who could become threatening though.