Are you saying Boo or Bruuuce?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Are you saying Boo or Bruuuce?

Post by beatski » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:36 pm

GeordieBootBoys wrote:I was standing among the celebrating fans, and in response to Bruce’s actions, there were clear, audible chants of “Bruuuuuuuce!” from the away end.

I was stunned when I heard it. So much so, I asked my 12-year-old son who was with me: “Were they yells of ‘Bruuuuuuuce!’ or boos?”.

He confirmed they were definitely the former.

https://www.geordiebootboys.com/opinion ... nited-win/
How do you think he's doing so far?

SpoilerShow

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Are you saying Boo or Bruuuce?

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:17 pm

I’m neither tbh. Credit to him we’ve got more points on the board than I expedited and bar the Villa game have found some consistency of late. The bipolar performances tho mean I won’t be cheering from the rooftops about him just yet (e.g. let Norwich walk all over us then we go and beat Spurs). But credit where it’s due, I’m happy enough with our start.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:11 pm

When you factor in the toxic attitude from fans I’d give him a very solid 7/10 so far. If we win the last few games before the midpoint if the season that’ll rise to an 8/10 so overall I’m very happy atm, but the league is so tight that a few losses and we could be right back in it

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:47 pm

Late starting the job in the summer, no input on transfers, a lot of new players building chemistry, some injuries, tough early schedule, etc. All in all, pretty pleased. Who knows how much is down to him, but under tough circumstances I'm pleased to be mid table, and if I would have blamed him for bad results, I have to give him some credit for good ones.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:35 pm

We are 50% of the way to safety, if this was Rafa he would be being hailed as a genius and the only man capable of doing it. Yes I was very underwhelmed by Bruce but the abuse and general treatment he has had is ridiculous, I didn't expect us to be doing this well but also I never expected us to do horrifically, he did a fantastic job at Hull City, Sunderland had some of their best PL years under him, he is a lot better than most have given him credit for.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:43 pm

I don't hate Bruce, and it can't be denied we are not in a bad position in the table.

My entire issue with his appointment is that it is a symptom of our owner's ambition. The guy has achieved nothing better than a mid table finish in the PL. I want our club to build and grow, not to aim to survive in the PL every season, which is what his appointment suggests our ownership wants.

Good luck to him, I hope he does well and absolutely no hard feelings towards him as a person, but I just don't care about this club anymore with MA as owner.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:00 pm

BRUUUUUUUUUCE

Better than Benitez.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:50 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:43 pm
I don't hate Bruce, and it can't be denied we are not in a bad position in the table.

My entire issue with his appointment is that it is a symptom of our owner's ambition. The guy has achieved nothing better than a mid table finish in the PL. I want our club to build and grow, not to aim to survive in the PL every season, which is what his appointment suggests our ownership wants.

Good luck to him, I hope he does well and absolutely no hard feelings towards him as a person, but I just don't care about this club anymore with MA as owner.
I mean, he was allegedly the club's 11th choice for the role, so I have no doubt they wanted someone better. But what's done is done and everything from the past will now ensure nobody better wants to manage the club under Ashley.

I will say though, Everton's billionaire owner has spent 450m on players and thrown money at managers too, and there they are in 18th and looking terrible. The ambition isn't making my Everton fan friends any happier.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:00 pm

Got to say he's proved me wrong.

He's done a brilliant job to date and deserves credit for it.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:58 pm

Im a big enough man to admit that Bruce has done a good job. Probably better than Rafa would have done this season.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:18 pm

Fair play to him that he quickly realised his style of football wasn't going to work with this squad so he essentially adopted Rafa's tactics.

Given that he's done well enough to date I don't want him to implement his own tactics because they generally suck s***.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:50 pm

He's doing a good job so far. Bruuuuuce!
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Ivan Drago
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Ivan Drago » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:50 am

When we win we say its Bruuuce! A loss it becomes Booooool! I think.
Nufc is trying to cut down on wastefull chants when you can use one for both!
Like when Miggy & Joelinton miss sitters and some fans want to Booooo! but think their confidence is low enough so change it to hoop de doo! Like they used in the 50's to players that are not performing.
I don't know I could be 100% wrong but thought I would take a swing and guess instead of passing.
If Brucie does well and we win a few more games Ashley will take the gamble of not signing any players in January even though we still have not got around to replacing Shearer yet.