NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Winter 2020)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Winter 2020)

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:27 pm

Sounds like it can only go well <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:11 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:22 pm
He's a decent player, but very interesting in terms of him being a centre mid, unless someone is leaving from that area.
This. Maybe the Shelvey / Hayden to ''West Ham'' rumors could have some substance of truth now? I remember Nabil doing quite well at Spurs when Sherwood first introduced him to the team and then he was a regular in Pochetino's first season were they ended 5th. Was impressive but then he got injured, fell out of favor and went to Schakle on loan. Still only 25 so he's at a good age, just wondering why do we need him on loan when CM isn't a priority position? Something tells me either one of the Longstaff brothers is leaving to go United or Hayden/Shelvey are going to West Ham? <scratch>

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:44 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:11 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:22 pm
He's a decent player, but very interesting in terms of him being a centre mid, unless someone is leaving from that area.
This. Maybe the Shelvey / Hayden to ''West Ham'' rumors could have some substance of truth now? I remember Nabil doing quite well at Spurs when Sherwood first introduced him to the team and then he was a regular in Pochetino's first season were they ended 5th. Was impressive but then he got injured, fell out of favor and went to Schakle on loan. Still only 25 so he's at a good age, just wondering why do we need him on loan when CM isn't a priority position? Something tells me either one of the Longstaff brothers is leaving to go United or Hayden/Shelvey are going to West Ham? <scratch>
These 2 posts sum up why for me.
Beatski wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:55 pm
We've got bodies in midfield but no real quality IMO
Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:36 pm

This, didnt wanna be a downer yesterday but I felt Hayden and Shelvey weren't as good as some made out, Hayden works his bollocks off but overall he just doesnt have any real quality beyond that, Shelvey is super lazy and ridiculously selfish imo, when he plays I just feel hes only in it for himself and not the team. My biggest annoyance in the centre is the lack of mobility when we are defending, the amount of times you see shelvey just standing there hands on knees with the aim of being a static obstacle to pass around is really annoying, I think us having almiron has made us lazy in defensive midfield as I honestly feel hes doing the job of the CMs a lot of the time, I'd much rather him track and run down closer to the halfway line rather than on the edge of our box
I'd like to see more of Matty Longstaff as he actually chases down the opposition rather than just being an obstacle in their way, going forward I'd like to see someone who can chase down the opposition, break up play and drive us forward on the counter, at the moment we put all the work countering on the forward 3 which is how Joelinton becomes isolated and crowded out. We could really do with a player like sissoko who will pick up the ball in CM and drag the team forward giving ASM Almiron and Joelinton more freedom off the ball to run the channels and put defenders on the back foot.
The bit in bold is exactly what he does.
German press saying the option to buy price is 8.5m.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:12 pm

Toondes wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:08 am
Colly wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:01 am
I think we're allowed to have more than one problem.
You mean scapegoat?

Singling Shelvey out of a piss poor midfield is harsh. We dont have a single midfielder capable of doing what you expect him to doing.
Think that's harsh on Hayden especially.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:15 pm

Bentaleb will be a weird signing, we need a serious mentality change rather than just a personnel change. We've already got the players to play a better style of football, it's just that we don't do it.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:03 pm

ALF wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:12 pm
Toondes wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:08 am

You mean scapegoat?

Singling Shelvey out of a piss poor midfield is harsh. We dont have a single midfielder capable of doing what you expect him to doing.
Think that's harsh on Hayden especially.
Hayden puts in effort, absolutely, and I'm grateful for that goal. But his passing and dribbling are really poor in my opinion (which is highlighted by how much further forward Bruce seems to send him), and I think he gives away too many fouls with his sometimes wild tackling. I like him as a jack-of-all sub option, but I think right now our CM in general often feel like passengers who let the opposition control play, and rely too heavily on wingers and wingbacks to get the ball out of our end. The Longstaffs do show promise, but I've felt we needed CM quality improvement for years now.

As for Shelvey, I think people fixate too much on body language, and think he actually has worked harder this season than ones past, but yeah, it's a position that has been overlooked in our transfer business for a while.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:18 pm

Our top 2 tacklers this season have been Hayden and Almiron, Shelvey is way off the pace of those two with only half the amount that they have, I think we let sentiment get In the way with shelvey, hes such a bipolar player, can be a huge asset or a huge liability depending on which mood he turns up with, unfortunately hes has more bad days than good imo.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:37 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:18 pm
Our top 2 tacklers this season have been Hayden and Almiron, Shelvey is way off the pace of those two with only half the amount that they have, I think we let sentiment get In the way with shelvey, hes such a bipolar player, can be a huge asset or a huge liability depending on which mood he turns up with, unfortunately hes has more bad days than good imo.
I'll admit I think my forgiveness for Shelvey's shortcomings is that he's the only CM we've had for a while that shows any interest in wanting the ball or making a forward pass (sometimes to a fault), but that's feint praise. Which is to say that I'd be very happy if we replaced our current options with more quality; a midfielder who was a legitimate disruptive force but can still handle the ball, and a midfielder that wants to actually control the pace of play, be on the ball, complete passes and still can do a job defensively. As long as we have CMs with big flaws, the opposing teams are always going to dictate play.

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:31 am

Tsi wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:44 pm
Sanchino wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:11 pm

These 2 posts sum up why for me.
Beatski wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:55 pm
We've got bodies in midfield but no real quality IMO
Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:36 pm

This, didnt wanna be a downer yesterday but I felt Hayden and Shelvey weren't as good as some made out, Hayden works his bollocks off but overall he just doesnt have any real quality beyond that, Shelvey is super lazy and ridiculously selfish imo, when he plays I just feel hes only in it for himself and not the team. My biggest annoyance in the centre is the lack of mobility when we are defending, the amount of times you see shelvey just standing there hands on knees with the aim of being a static obstacle to pass around is really annoying, I think us having almiron has made us lazy in defensive midfield as I honestly feel hes doing the job of the CMs a lot of the time, I'd much rather him track and run down closer to the halfway line rather than on the edge of our box
I'd like to see more of Matty Longstaff as he actually chases down the opposition rather than just being an obstacle in their way, going forward I'd like to see someone who can chase down the opposition, break up play and drive us forward on the counter, at the moment we put all the work countering on the forward 3 which is how Joelinton becomes isolated and crowded out. We could really do with a player like sissoko who will pick up the ball in CM and drag the team forward giving ASM Almiron and Joelinton more freedom off the ball to run the channels and put defenders on the back foot.
The bit in bold is exactly what he does.
German press saying the option to buy price is 8.5m.
I would agree too with that. The longstaffs in the long-term should both be two quality box-to-box players who can compliment each other but there still learning there trade and need to build there experience, tactical nous, physicality and overall game but the potential is there for them to be called up if not both atleast one for future England caps, etc. I'll say I agree with your point in that we need someone who can break play up, be comfortable on the ball, make forward passes, drive the ball forward and put us in the counter. Someone athletic and mobile, someone like Bentable fits the bill as he also has a eye for a goal and can play as a DM/box-to-box and that price of 8.5m seems like good value if true. See how he does for 6 months, if he comes in and does well sign him if not send him back. What that mean for the Longstaff brothers in terms of playing time and would Shelvey/Hayden be happy to be on the bench??

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:04 am

Newcastle are closing in on the signing of Nabil Bentaleb on an initial loan deal from Schalke.

The loan deal will be worth around €1m (£851,405) and Newcastle will pay all his wages, which is around €2.5m (£2.1m), for six months. There will be an option to buy in the summer for around €10m (£8.9m). (Sky Sports sources)

If we're paying £2.1mil in wages for 6 months that means that's 350k a month which turns out to be £87,500 a week <yikes> <scratch>

Would that make him our highest earner?? Or is there someone earning above that???

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:36 am

Sanchino wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:04 am
Newcastle are closing in on the signing of Nabil Bentaleb on an initial loan deal from Schalke.

The loan deal will be worth around €1m (£851,405) and Newcastle will pay all his wages, which is around €2.5m (£2.1m), for six months. There will be an option to buy in the summer for around €10m (£8.9m). (Sky Sports sources)

If we're paying £2.1mil in wages for 6 months that means that's 350k a month which turns out to be £87,500 a week <yikes> <scratch>

Would that make him our highest earner?? Or is there someone earning above that???
Joelinton and Miggy are on about 90k I believe, Shelvey would be close to 90k too.

TBF it's quite standard for a Premier division player to be on around that.
I'll Hazard a guess

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:18 pm

Lazaro's agent in talks with RB Leipzig
I wonder if he chooses them it'll pave the way for us to sign Lookman instead.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:55 pm

Tsi wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:18 pm
Lazaro's agent in talks with RB Leipzig
I wonder if he chooses them it'll pave the way for us to sign Lookman instead.
May well be the case
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:29 pm

Odd that the Lazaro one was all but done a fair bit ago, yet this Bentaleb one out of nowhere has been signed, sealed, and now delivered.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:02 pm

CIH wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:29 pm
Odd that the Lazaro one was all but done a fair bit ago, yet this Bentaleb one out of nowhere has been signed, sealed, and now delivered.
I’m yours
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:13 pm

CIH wrote:
I think Lazaro was just more public because of how his agent was/is doing business - more so than anything to do with the club.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:34 pm

Being linked with a loan move for Danny Rose

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:50 pm

Tsi wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:34 pm
Being linked with a loan move for Danny Rose
That would be a good loan signing imo. Talented, experienced, but probably not a long term solution.
I had the first custom w***

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:14 pm

CIH wrote:
Doesn't help that Lazaros agent seems to be getting spotted on a world tour of clubs lifting his skirt up to them. All hes doing is trying to hike up prices and bonuses, apparently we already knocked back some demands off him regarding agents fees.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:20 pm

Any sighting of Bas Dost yet this window?