DONE DEAL: Valentino Lazaro

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

DONE DEAL: Valentino Lazaro

Post by Speedo » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:14 pm

Looks like this is going to happen. RWB/RW, with a lot of assists in Germany but a poor 6 months in Serie A. Gives us a natural right winger, but less of a forward than Almiron and ASM - perhaps a reflection of Bruce’s desire to play the 3-5-2, with Almiron and Lazano as wingers and Saint Maximin behind the striker.
Last edited by Speedo on Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
I had the first custom w***

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: In talks: Valentino Lazaro

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:17 pm

3 goals and 7 assists in 31 games last season in Germany isn't bad.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:19 pm

Never heard of him but those stats don’t look too clever to me ? I hope we’re not getting people just for numbers ?

I desperately hope to be proved wrong but we already have a squad full of unproductive players .
Last edited by Toondes on Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:37 pm

Apparently he's absolutely class

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:47 pm

Toondes wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:19 pm
Never heard of him but those stats don’t look to clever ? I hope we’re not getting people just for numbers ?

I desperately hope to be proved wrong but we already have a squad full of unproductive players .
17 of his 34 starts last season were at RB, in which he had 2 goals and 3 assists
13 of 31 starts were in right midfield, with 2 assists
1 goal and 2 assists in his 4 starts as RW

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:22 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:47 pm
Toondes wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:19 pm
Never heard of him but those stats don’t look to clever ? I hope we’re not getting people just for numbers ?

17 of his 34 starts last season were at RB, in which he had 2 goals and 3 assists
Fair enough , don’t know anything about him tbh.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:01 pm

Toondes wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:22 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:47 pm

Fair enough , don’t know anything about him tbh.
Oh I won't pretend that I do either, nor did I necessary mean that those stats were good or bad, just wanted to dig into them a bit and let people decide for themselves.

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:16 pm

is that the same 3-5-2 that allows the opposition to absolutely batter us without question every time we try to implement it?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:20 pm

Speedo wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:14 pm

Looks like this is going to happen. RWB/RW, with a lot of assists in Germany but a poor 6 months in Serie A. Gives us a natural right winger, but less of a forward than Almiron and ASM - perhaps a reflection of Bruce’s desire to play the 3-5-2, with Almiron and Lazano as wingers and Saint Maximin behind the striker.
The only problem with that is it sacrifices Ritchie, Yedlin/Manquillo and would put even more defensive responsibility onto Almiron, also Lazaro would essentially carry on being a shoehorned RWB when we have more natural players for that position, doesnt make sense to me that we would buy someone for their attacking ability and have them defending most of the game.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:43 pm

Agreed. For ASM to play through the middle we have to go back to the back 4.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:07 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:20 pm
Speedo wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:14 pm

The only problem with that is it sacrifices Ritchie, Yedlin/Manquillo and would put even more defensive responsibility onto Almiron, also Lazaro would essentially carry on being a shoehorned RWB when we have more natural players for that position, doesnt make sense to me that we would buy someone for their attacking ability and have them defending most of the game.
Not sure where the "shoehorned RWB" comes from when RM and RB are the positions he's played most in his career? Or that he's necessarily just being bought for his attacking ability. At the moment he would potentially be replacing Hayden, who is playing completely out of position, or Ritchie who is also playing out of position at LWB.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:08 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:07 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:20 pm

Not sure where the "shoehorned RWB" comes from when RM and RB are the positions he's played most in his career? Or that he's necessarily just being bought for his attacking ability. At the moment he would potentially be replacing Hayden, who is playing completely out of position, or Ritchie who is also playing out of position at LWB.
I'm sure I read that he prefers to play as a right winger and that the reason hes not getting in for Inter is because hes defensively suspect so conte doesnt trust him, so I'd assume his main asset is his attacking ability.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:12 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:08 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:07 pm

I'm sure I read that he prefers to play as a right winger and that the reason hes not getting in for Inter is because hes defensively suspect so conte doesnt trust him, so I'd assume his main asset is his attacking ability.
Fair enough, I'll admit I hadn't read too much about it. Though Conte probably doesn't even trust his own dog to poop in his yard, so I'll be open minded about his defending.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:23 pm

On his way tonight apparently, so obviously all the twitter weirdos are tracking his flight <laugh>

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:59 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:23 pm
On his way tonight apparently, so obviously all the twitter weirdos are tracking his flight <laugh>
so how far out is he then <whistle> <roll>

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:54 am

Tsi wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:59 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:23 pm
so how far out is he then <whistle> <roll>
He's in the Greggs at Newcastle airport right now

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:49 am

He'll slot straight in on the right hand side of our back 5 and provide more of an attacking threat than Yedlin or Manquillo. Can't see there being an effect on ASM or Miggy who both play much further up.

Strange the persistent links to Rose too, undoubtedly we need short term left back cover but Rose signing would push Ritchie to the bench....

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:07 am

Captain Obvious wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:49 am
He'll slot straight in on the right hand side of our back 5 and provide more of an attacking threat than Yedlin or Manquillo. Can't see there being an effect on ASM or Miggy who both play much further up.

Strange the persistent links to Rose too, undoubtedly we need short term left back cover but Rose signing would push Ritchie to the bench....
There's relatively frequent murmurs of Ritchie being sold (which would be a huge mistake IMO) so perhaps something is going on behind the scenes. Not necessarily for this month, but a summer move maybe.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:14 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:07 am
Captain Obvious wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:49 am

There's relatively frequent murmurs of Ritchie being sold (which would be a huge mistake IMO) so perhaps something is going on behind the scenes. Not necessarily for this month, but a summer move maybe.
The problem with Ritchie is that he wouldn't be leaving for a top club. If he was to say in the PL, he would be leaving to join a team in the 8th - 20th block which will either be a sideways move or a slight improvement on where he is now with us. I'd hate to see him playing for West Ham or Watford. If he does leave, I hope he goes to somewhere like Celtic or Rangers.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:16 am

I don't think he'll leave if he's playing week in week out