Toon Takeover Thread - Chopra should be champing at the bit

Will the PIF-backed takeover happen and do you want it to?

Yes it will happen and I want it to
37%
Yes it will happen but I don't want it to
7%
Unsure but I want it to
24%
Unsure but I don't want it to
10%
No it won't happen but I want it to
10%
No it won't happen and I don't want it to
2%
Couldn't give a f***
10%

Total votes: 41

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Toon Takeover Thread

Post by Hjl » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:25 pm

Speedo wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:20 am
Hjl wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:00 am
Why are you all worked up, the take over is going to be blocked by the premier league.
I can’t tell if you’re pessimistic just to save yourself from getting excited/being disappointed or if you actually get pleasure from shitting on everything...

Also

Chief Football Writer in the Times, who’ve been writing all the stories about BeIn, seems to imply it’s going through...
I hope it goes through, I want to see Newcastle win a trophy second only to see England win a trophy. I've just had what seems like a decade of disappointment and I just know if I let myself believe this is going to happen I will be very dissappointed once again if it doesn't.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:23 pm

Hjl wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:25 pm
Speedo wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:20 am

I can’t tell if you’re pessimistic just to save yourself from getting excited/being disappointed or if you actually get pleasure from shitting on everything...

Also

Chief Football Writer in the Times, who’ve been writing all the stories about BeIn, seems to imply it’s going through...
I hope it goes through, I want to see Newcastle win a trophy second only to see England win a trophy. I've just had what seems like a decade of disappointment and I just know if I let myself believe this is going to happen I will be very dissappointed once again if it doesn't.
Ew.

<frogout>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:31 pm

The consensus seems to be if all goes through it wouldn't be unrealistic to see a 150m transfer budget for this transfer window. Also with sponsorship coming to an end for a lot of stuff we could probably boost that by another 30m with new deals.

With £180m I think it's not too unrealistic to do these dealings.

In:
Moussa Dembele
Odsonne Edouard
Soumare
Zakaria
Sabaly
Willems
Lazaro
Rose

Out:
Gayle
Muto
Dummett
Colback
Krafth
Elliot
Atsu
Saivet
Bentaleb

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:37 pm

If we get taken over by billionaire Saudis, bring in a top class manager, and still play Jonjo Shelvey I'm out.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:44 pm

Some of our fans are taking the piss out of Khashoggi's fiancee <grim>.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:45 pm

Colly wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:37 pm
If we get taken over by billionaire Saudis, bring in a top class manager, and still play Jonjo Shelvey I'm out.
Who would you play ahead of him, we need to be realistic, with FFP theres no chance of a mass overhaul, people like shelvey are going to have to be in and around the team in the short term, there isnt much avoiding it even with silly money behind us.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:51 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:44 pm
It's to be expected in the current climate, you are always going to have a minority of absolute d********, to be honest I find it horrible that shes even been dragged into it in the first place, I'm pretty sure she wasn't sat at home thinking "damn I hope PIF dont buy Newcastle United" she has just been used as a tool by organisations to spread their message about the takeover. Yeah I'm sure she despises those involved but I don't think what is essentially a minor business transaction for them, is going to be top of her concerns.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:01 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:45 pm
Colly wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:37 pm
Who would you play ahead of him, we need to be realistic, with FFP theres no chance of a mass overhaul, people like shelvey are going to have to be in and around the team in the short term, there isnt much avoiding it even with silly money behind us.
Given he wouldn't be in my starting lineup now I'd like to think we can get a decent midfielder to knock him back another spot.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:08 pm

Colly wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:01 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:45 pm

Given he wouldn't be in my starting lineup now I'd like to think we can get a decent midfielder to knock him back another spot.
I'm not Shelveys biggest fan either but I fully expect him to still be in and around next season no matter what.

To be honest that's just mainly an idea for a team and to show squad cover for the whole pitch and 433 is one of the least cramped formations on the app,
I'd probably prefer more of a 4231, swap out Shelvey for Almiron who pushes into the 10, then have Lazaro out wide right.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:08 pm

:(

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:11 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:51 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
It's to be expected in the current climate, you are always going to have a minority of absolute d********, to be honest I find it horrible that shes even been dragged into it in the first place, I'm pretty sure she wasn't sat at home thinking "damn I hope PIF dont buy Newcastle United" she has just been used as a tool by organisations to spread their message about the takeover. Yeah I'm sure she despises those involved but I don't think what is essentially a minor business transaction for them, is going to be top of her concerns.
I totally get that and she may not even run her own Twitter account anyway. But if she is running it and she is making it her life's work to disrupt MBS and the Saudis in general, then fair play to her. I like to think I'd be doing the same thing.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:26 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:11 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:51 pm

I totally get that and she may not even run her own Twitter account anyway. But if she is running it and she is making it her life's work to disrupt MBS and the Saudis in general, then fair play to her. I like to think I'd be doing the same thing.
I've just seen her statement now, made 1 hour ago, she has been quoted with short answers to journalists questions before now, up to as much as a week ago maybe a bit longer, so I'm still leaning toward her being dragged into the debate rather than her actively putting herself into it.

As for the statement she is a well educated and articulate woman and it doesn't really seem like a great deal of effort as gone into her statement, it could have been a lot more critical that it was. I just get the feeling journolists putting the question to her about it has been the catalyst , of course she is going to give a voice against it when asked and why wouldnt she, but it still doesnt seem like NUFC is high on her agenda.

But yeah any comments having a go at her are disgraceful, whether she was dragged into this or not.

Minty Fresh
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Minty Fresh » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:17 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Twitter is an absolute cesspool st the moment. I'm sure fans of other clubs would be the same, but still, it's embarassing

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:32 pm

Minty Fresh wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:17 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
Twitter is an absolute cesspool st the moment. I'm sure fans of other clubs would be the same, but still, it's embarassing
I've always found our fans to be wankers on social media to be fair.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:29 pm

Smada wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:25 am
Another City fan in piece.... The best advice is just to laugh off the jealousy as that is what it is of other clubs. Enjoy the ride and let's hope it happens and you replace the self entitled traditional top 4 clubs and have fun in the champions league in years to come.

Even though you sing 'where we're you when you were s***' :-) we were there in them times just as much as you have and you deserve a break that is coming your way.

Don't believe those who say you take it for granted you don't. The first major trophies are the best but all are still usually enjoyable. You will be soon getting stressed about dropping points in the chase for a league title!

Enjoy it all transfer speculation, great managers etc.... You will still have ups and downs but it won't be relegation battles you will be getting stressed with

Good luck and welcome to the club
Honestly. the money isn't a problem for me. You need it to compete,the hypocrisy of the old guard complaining about City had always been laughable, Liverpool bought the league in the 70s ffs. For me it's more where the money is coming from. Don't get me wrong I'll enjoy our club being successful, hopefully, but the Saudi link, rather than the money will always sour it a bit.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:32 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:32 pm
Minty Fresh wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:17 pm

I've always found our fans to be w****** on social media to be fair.
Spot on <ok>

It’s like the teenage fans we have at away games.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:43 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:32 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:32 pm

I've always found our fans to be w****** on social media to be fair.
Spot on <ok>

Over the years I have realised that I just generally don't like football fans <laugh>. I don't think Newcastle fans are worse than any other fans, I just hate the "lads lads lads" s**** that goes on.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:12 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:43 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Spot on <ok>

Over the years I have realised that I just generally don't like football fans <laugh>. I don't think Newcastle fans are worse than any other fans, I just hate the "lads lads lads" s**** that goes on.
We have far too many lads lads lads <neg> So annoying that they only go to away games when I can get tickets too <laugh>

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:35 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:43 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Spot on <ok>

Same here.

I've been to away games where a lot of them just stare at opposition fans and try and wind them up and threaten them (oooh you're hard) rather than enjoy the match.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:54 am

I went to the Hull City pre season friendly last season and was in the home stand with City fans, there was one of these lads in the away stand giving it the big un all game in front of his mates and practically the whole stand tore him to pieces, our fans were pissing themselves at him getting ribbed, he practically had a break down and started kicking off trying to get into the home stand in a "hold me back lads" fashion, got told off and sat down and sulked for the rest of the game.