Toon Takeover Thread - Chopra should be champing at the bit

Will the PIF-backed takeover happen and do you want it to?

Yes it will happen and I want it to
37%
Yes it will happen but I don't want it to
7%
Unsure but I want it to
24%
Unsure but I don't want it to
10%
No it won't happen but I want it to
10%
No it won't happen and I don't want it to
2%
Couldn't give a f***
10%

Total votes: 41

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Re: Toon Takeover Thread

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:19 pm

TBC wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:37 am
The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:11 am
SSN reporting that the new owners want Pochettino to be the next manager
I don’t know how Sky can report something like this? I remember when they used to be a credible news outlet.

Staveley has played it public ever since 2017 but stuff like this (if true) is too public for me. It’s exciting but we still have a manager and leaks like this make me wonder how much is bluff.

West Ham’s owners always aim for the stars in public but end up settling for far less <erk>
People like the Saudis usually follow through with their claims, there is a huge need to be the best, especially with the rivalry they have with other wealthy middle eastern royals, 100% PIF will want to surpass Man city and PSG so will do whatever they can for instant impact, it's why I believe there willl be a big marque transfer in the next window.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:23 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:11 pm
I'm always weary of news like this especially when its run alongside "Sky Bet Specials"
TBH Sky are one the most credible sources they usually don't run something (even during a slow news day) if they haven't got it verified by at least 5 or more sources.

I know this as one of my friends is a source for all news from Norway (albeit they don't use him that much) but for example with the Sander Berge move to Sheffield Utd. He was asked about it, they asked a source at Sheffield and Club Brugge , as well as players liaison officers for both clubs .

I myself have never been asked as a player liaison but we are usually one of the first to know of potential signings as we have to sort things out for when players and agents arrive , accommodation, any special requests they may need etc.
I'll Hazard a guess

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:41 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:23 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:11 pm
I'm always weary of news like this especially when its run alongside "Sky Bet Specials"
TBH Sky are one the most credible sources they usually don't run something (even during a slow news day) if they haven't got it verified by at least 5 or more sources.

I know this as one of my friends is a source for all news from Norway (albeit they don't use him that much) but for example with the Sander Berge move to Sheffield Utd. He was asked about it, they asked a source at Sheffield and Club Brugge , as well as players liaison officers for both clubs .

I myself have never been asked as a player liaison but we are usually one of the first to know of potential signings as we have to sort things out for when players and agents arrive , accommodation, any special requests they may need etc.
That's because you blew your chance of the big time with the Thorgan Hazard saga <disgrace>

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:50 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:19 pm
TBC wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:37 am

I don’t know how Sky can report something like this? I remember when they used to be a credible news outlet.

Staveley has played it public ever since 2017 but stuff like this (if true) is too public for me. It’s exciting but we still have a manager and leaks like this make me wonder how much is bluff.

West Ham’s owners always aim for the stars in public but end up settling for far less <erk>
People like the Saudis usually follow through with their claims, there is a huge need to be the best, especially with the rivalry they have with other wealthy middle eastern royals, 100% PIF will want to surpass Man city and PSG so will do whatever they can for instant impact, it's why I believe there willl be a big marque transfer in the next window.
I don't dispute any of that, I guess I just have issue with this being yellow ticker news (even on a slow day) on SSN. Daily mail report? Fine.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:06 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:41 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:23 pm

That's because you blew your chance of the big time with the Thorgan Hazard saga <disgrace>
Was waiting for that <gent>

tbh with that I was told we were interested in him and then talk of us signing a player from the bundesliga once the world cup finished and that it was a winger I put two and two together and got three Obviously the signing turned out to be Muto who while he can play on the left wing is predominantly a CF.

So to quote the great Sir Alec Guinness I was right "From a certain point of view"
I'll Hazard a guess

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:36 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:06 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:

tbh with that I was told we were interested in him and then talk of us signing a player from the bundesliga once the world cup finished and that it was a winger I put two and two together and got three Obviously the signing turned out to be Muto who while he can play on the left wing is predominantly a CF.

So to quote the great Sir Alec Guinness I was right "From a certain point of view"
To be fair, it's good to have a source on the inside track on here, find your posts about rumoured targets pretty interesting and most trust you👍, obviously we cant give you a free pass on Hazard as it comes with the ToonForum territory, you will have to reminded of it till the end of days <laugh>

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:23 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:36 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:

To be fair, it's good to have a source on the inside track on here, find your posts about rumoured targets pretty interesting and most trust you👍, obviously we cant give you a free pass on Hazard as it comes with the ToonForum territory, you will have to reminded of it till the end of days <laugh>
Glad you said "most" because I don't trust the lying f*** <fist>
Kindly deeds done for free!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:26 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Don Sholeone wrote:

Genuinely forgot about Muto <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:04 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:26 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:

Genuinely forgot about Muto <laugh>
I think we all have.
I'll Hazard a guess

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:34 pm

Anyone else think the takeover is dead?

Uncle Paul
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Uncle Paul » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:18 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:34 pm
What makes you think that?

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:34 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Not at all, I think it’ll be announced in next couple days
# stolen from nufc.com :)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:03 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Nope, I think the silence is good while it all gets finalised.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri May 01, 2020 7:35 am

I just think the constant outpouring of negativity is going to eventually have an effect. I know everyone is really excited about it, but this could genuinely be very bad for the club.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri May 01, 2020 8:26 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:35 am
I just think the constant outpouring of negativity is going to eventually have an effect. I know everyone is really excited about it, but this could genuinely be very bad for the club.
In what sense, that our fans could influence it? Not a f***ing chance, we mean nothing.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri May 01, 2020 9:17 am

Colly wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:26 am
biggeordiedave wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:35 am
In what sense, that our fans could influence it? Not a f***ing chance, we mean nothing.
I think the constant lobbying of the PL will have a negative impact.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri May 01, 2020 10:08 am

I really don't think that the Saudi's will give a s*** tbh!

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri May 01, 2020 10:13 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:08 am
The PL might though.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri May 01, 2020 10:15 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:13 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:08 am
The PL might though.
Wouldn't have thought they can scupper a takeover given that the UK government and Royal Family (and countless other industries) openly does business (and some highly unethical business) with Saudi Arabia.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri May 01, 2020 10:27 am

I really don't think ethics rank at all highly for the Premier League. Its all about the $$$ given that it broke away from the Football League to get its clubs more money. Modern football for ya
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012