Toon Takeover Thread - Chopra should be champing at the bit

Will the PIF-backed takeover happen and do you want it to?

Yes it will happen and I want it to
37%
Yes it will happen but I don't want it to
7%
Unsure but I want it to
24%
Unsure but I don't want it to
10%
No it won't happen but I want it to
10%
No it won't happen and I don't want it to
2%
Couldn't give a f***
10%

Total votes: 41

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Toon Takeover Thread

Post by bodacious benny » Thu May 21, 2020 9:50 pm

HowayTheLads wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:13 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:54 pm
Doesn't really matter to me if it was announced last week or 2 weeks from now...because they can't buy Coutinho until the window opens anyway :bandit:
Aye. This is where we get bought and then lose all our remaining games and go down.
<laugh> <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu May 21, 2020 9:58 pm

HowayTheLads wrote:
Remember Colo wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:54 pm
Doesn't really matter to me if it was announced last week or 2 weeks from now...because they can't buy Coutinho until the window opens anyway :bandit:
Aye. This is where we get bought and then lose all our remaining games and go down.
This is actually a genuine concern to be fair, with the amount of time players have had off its going to be like a new season so there will be no form to be relied on, a bad few games could easily snowball for anybody.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu May 21, 2020 10:21 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:58 pm
HowayTheLads wrote:

This is actually a genuine concern to be fair, with the amount of time players have had off its going to be like a new season so there will be no form to be relied on, a bad few games could easily snowball for anybody.
Touch wood, but we are 8 points clear with 9 (10 for Villa) games left to play. It would take an abominable run of form to go down, although I admit we could be getting squeaky bums with a few poor results. I think we have our traditional Liverpool fixture to end the season as well. As for the point about no form to rely on, that's very true - and it is for all clubs. We were in pretty crap form before the lockdown anyway. 1 1in in the last five, admittedly the win being the final game. Two wins in nine since the turn of the year, in the league.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu May 21, 2020 10:28 pm

The takeover could have a positive effect at least, players might feel they are playing for their futures at the club.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu May 21, 2020 11:05 pm

It’s alright - our form at the start of the season (which ultimately is what this will be after months off) is usually solid <whistle>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Thu May 21, 2020 11:11 pm

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:33 pm
Hjl wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:26 pm
Now 80% sure it's not happening
When will you get to 90%, next week? <roll>
Make fun of me if you want, I'll make sure to give you a nice big "I told you so" when it doesn't work out.

<neg>

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Fri May 22, 2020 7:33 am

Colly wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:44 pm
Don't forget still in the FA Cup in May.
...and unbeaten since the end of February along with winning every game since March! <whistle>

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Fri May 22, 2020 8:24 am

"When not if" from a credible journo...
I had the first custom w***

HowayTheLads
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by HowayTheLads » Fri May 22, 2020 10:38 am

It definitely feels today like it is going to happen. Some news outlets reporting it is just the transfer of funds that needs to take place. I would have thought that a contract would have already been signed for the transfer of ownership subject to the PL tests being passed and the subsequent receiving of funds within a certain timescale. Once these two have been completed then the contract takes effect. Can't see any real possibility for Ashley backing out unless once of these two factors aren't met.

How long would a money transfer take? Having never transferred £300m I expect it isn't quite as simple as using the HSBC app on my phone to pay my rent or pay a mate who I owe a few quid to...

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri May 22, 2020 11:23 am

HowayTheLads wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:38 am
It definitely feels today like it is going to happen. Some news outlets reporting it is just the transfer of funds that needs to take place. I would have thought that a contract would have already been signed for the transfer of ownership subject to the PL tests being passed and the subsequent receiving of funds within a certain timescale. Once these two have been completed then the contract takes effect. Can't see any real possibility for Ashley backing out unless once of these two factors aren't met.

How long would a money transfer take? Having never transferred £300m I expect it isn't quite as simple as using the HSBC app on my phone to pay my rent or pay a mate who I owe a few quid to...
The money (or a sizeable chunk) is likely held in escrow and transferred when contracts are completed.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Fri May 22, 2020 11:28 am

HowayTheLads wrote:

Wonder if they’ll put “penis pump refund” as the reference like I do with my mates

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri May 22, 2020 11:30 am

Sir Bobby wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:28 am
HowayTheLads wrote:

Wonder if they’ll put “penis pump refund” as the reference like I do with my mates
<ashley>

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri May 22, 2020 12:41 pm

The funds might not be cash but government bonds, which are very liquid but can take a few days to settle
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

The California Kid
Tindall's Hoody

Post by The California Kid » Fri May 22, 2020 1:16 pm

I want to think it's dump trucks full of unmarked bills wrapped in gold.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri May 22, 2020 1:43 pm

HowayTheLads wrote:

I think we'd be looking for a new owner for different reasons if Ashley backed out now... :bandit:

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue May 26, 2020 5:54 pm

The WTO have ruled the Saudi government is behind that dodgy streaming thing. Brexit means Brexit!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... l-is-saudi

Probably means nowt.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue May 26, 2020 6:05 pm

They don't have the authority to make that a conclusive decision, they can rule it's their responsibility in line with WTO rules but they cannot rule they are legally responsible in accordance to international law.

In football analogy terms it's about as relevant as saying because x got sent off for a two footed tackle in accordance to FA rule, then it means hes also guilty of a ABH in a british criminal court.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue May 26, 2020 6:33 pm

<ok>

On a tangent I always felt that after Roy Keane's book came out and he admitted his premeditated assault on Alf Inge Haaland he should have been jailed...

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Tue May 26, 2020 6:53 pm

Colly wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:33 pm
<ok>

On a tangent I always felt that after Roy Keane's book came out and he admitted his premeditated assault on Alf Inge Haaland he should have been jailed...
What about players that punch or headbutt?

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Tue May 26, 2020 8:09 pm

What do these new reports mean? Game over?

Either way I'm getting sick of this s**** now.