Toon Takeover Thread - Chopra should be champing at the bit

Will the PIF-backed takeover happen and do you want it to?

Yes it will happen and I want it to
37%
Yes it will happen but I don't want it to
7%
Unsure but I want it to
24%
Unsure but I don't want it to
10%
No it won't happen but I want it to
10%
No it won't happen and I don't want it to
2%
Couldn't give a f***
10%

Total votes: 41

DDuc
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince

Re: Toon Takeover Thread

Post by DDuc » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:03 am

Hoping it falls apart
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
My Ambition Knows No Bounds
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:06 am

DavideDuck wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:03 am
Hoping it falls apart
Should we start a thread on potential summer signings if it does fall apart? Ashley wants to keep us in the black, but tv revenues down. Could be grim news on the striker front...
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:08 am

Steve "when I first met the Krays" Wraith saw a tweet from Dominic Raab and faster then you can say "hold my coffin" re-tweeted it.

Why?

Raab thanked the Saudi government for sending PPE to the UK and mentioned the relationship between the two countries.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:09 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:15 am
Anybody know much about this US group apparently waiting in the wings? Tbh mega money would be good, but if we had owners who took the approach someone like Wolves have then I wouldn't be unhappy. Yeah they've made some significant investment in wages for the likes of Neves, Patricio and Moutinho, but they haven't aimlessly lumped cash around like Everton.
There is no second bid.

We had heard nothing about it until the Saudi deal had been accepted. Classic journos chucking rumours about for a story.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:42 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:08 am
Steve "when I first met the Krays" Wraith saw a tweet from Dominic Raab and faster then you can say "hold my coffin" re-tweeted it.

Why?

Raab thanked the Saudi government for sending PPE to the UK and mentioned the relationship between the two countries.
He's an utter bellend.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:03 pm

Colly wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:42 am
overseasTOON wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:08 am

Why?

He's an utter bellend.
Agreed.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:58 pm

jpg wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:09 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:15 am
Anybody know much about this US group apparently waiting in the wings? Tbh mega money would be good, but if we had owners who took the approach someone like Wolves have then I wouldn't be unhappy. Yeah they've made some significant investment in wages for the likes of Neves, Patricio and Moutinho, but they haven't aimlessly lumped cash around like Everton.
There is no second bid.

We had heard nothing about it until the Saudi deal had been accepted. Classic journos chucking rumours about for a story.
I think any time a big investment fund comes 'round, other groups are going to take interest. It isn't as if Newcastle has any special significance to the KSA. Other parties will now know what price and terms it'd take to get Ashley to accept, so I wouldn't be surprised if this falls through, somebody else comes forward thinking Ashley will even be more motivated to get it done.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:22 pm

Given the High Street and retail markets are on their arse maybe Ashley will be more willing to sell, even if the KSA bid falls through.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:26 pm

Looks like there was nothing new in the WTO report. Essentially just a load of media noise over nothing that relevant to the takeover again.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:43 pm

Why is Steve Wraith 'famous'?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:51 pm

Because the football "news cycle" demands idiots to fill time.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:35 pm

TJR wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:26 pm
Looks like there was nothing new in the WTO report. Essentially just a load of media noise over nothing that relevant to the takeover again.
Seems like it basically said what we already know, no evidence of direct links to KSA, only evidence is that they haven't done everything in there power to stop it. If anything it seems like a massive blow to those hoping to stop it on piracy grounds. In the simplest terms they have been told to pull their finger out and do what you can to stop it. KSA can probably do more with this report that Qatar tbh.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:56 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:35 pm
TJR wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:26 pm
Seems like it basically said what we already know, no evidence of direct links to KSA, only evidence is that they haven't done everything in there power to stop it. If anything it seems like a massive blow to those hoping to stop it on piracy grounds. In the simplest terms they have been told to pull their finger out and do what you can to stop it. KSA can probably do more with this report that Qatar tbh.
Governments like the KSA don't get to the power and influence they have without finding successful ways to legally distancing themselves from illegal things, even though nothing happens in their countries without their sign-off. This felt pretty inevitable; that everyone involved would know they were guilty of it, but wouldn't be able to formally prove it, ultimately want their money, and will get the KSA to promise to shut it down to placate the international broadcasters (which are more than just beIN/Qatar).

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:53 am

I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:07 am

I’ve unfollowed everything Newcastle related on twitter as I’m sick of our fans moaning and berating anyone and everyone for a supposed anti-NUFC agenda (bollocks). And why would a US group bid £50m more than Ashley previously accepted <laugh>

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:18 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:07 am
I’ve unfollowed everything Newcastle related on twitter as I’m sick of our fans moaning and berating anyone and everyone for a supposed anti-NUFC agenda (bollocks). And why would a US group bid £50m more than Ashley previously accepted <laugh>
Yeah that seems a bit odd but i thought the Saudi bid was 300m plus then another 50 depending on what happens in the next few years
I'll Hazard a guess

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:25 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Its sad how some of our fans have went conspiracy theory (like some man city fans) and even attacking those who talk about human rights. Football fans reflect society and in society we have tribal, insular and aggressive people. Sigh

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:10 am

This could only happen to us <awe>

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:13 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
I don't think there's an anti-Newcastle agenda from most, although Miguel Delaney has a serious agenda.

But I don't think the PL want anyone to gatecrash the big 6 party and there's a chance this could do that. There's no reason that PIF should fail an owners and directors test and never before has there been so much scrutiny over a takeover. I know the PL and EFL are different but when you look at the people who have been in charge of Sunderland and Charlton recently you have to question what is going on and why.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:16 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:25 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Its sad how some of our fans have went conspiracy theory (like some man city fans) and even attacking those who talk about human rights. Football fans reflect society and in society we have tribal, insular and aggressive people. Sigh
Again though, these are Twitter "fans". Like Benny I now follow nothing other than the club and a couple of associated accounts (Bobby Robson Foundation, United with Pride etc) and sadly even that is enough to see too much NUFC360 and other assorted bollocks. I very much doubt Ken who sits next to me gives two shits about this whole situation.

I miss Ken. :(