Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:23 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:21 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:19 pm
I biasedly like the Jonathan David rumour. Would love an exciting young Canadian player playing for us!
Is he regarded as a good prospect then? I've not heard of him.

That Alphonso Davies lad from Bayern would do me ;)
David is definitely only second to Davies when it comes to Canadian footballers right now, and has been rumoured to all of the big clubs, including joining Davies at Bayern, for most of this season.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:24 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:23 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

David is definitely only second to Davies when it comes to Canadian footballers right now, and has been rumoured to all of the big clubs, including joining Davies at Bayern, for most of this season.
Interesting, sounds like the type of young talent that we could ruin!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:27 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:24 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:23 pm

Interesting, sounds like the type of young talent that we could ruin!
Ha! Yeah, I can just imagine. 23 goals and 10 assists for Gent this season, including 5 Europa League goals. Plus 11 goals in 12 national caps since he got called up in late 2018.

ToonCraig
Darlow's Do

Post by ToonCraig » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:21 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:19 pm
I biasedly like the Jonathan David rumour. Would love an exciting young Canadian player playing for us!

Alphonso Davies just signed a long term contract. I have been impressed too. The one i see happening is Coutinho.

lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:09 am

David is fantastic in fact Canada have a lot of good young players both Toronto and Vancouver heavily invested in their youth setups about 5-6 years ago and it is really paying off plus the Canadian Premier League which started last year has also been seen as having a massive impact in getting kids playing.

Expect to see Canada producing a lot more great talent in the next few years.
<ayo>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:34 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:09 am
David is fantastic in fact Canada have a lot of good young players both Toronto and Vancouver heavily invested in their youth setups about 5-6 years ago and it is really paying off plus the Canadian Premier League which started last year has also been seen as having a massive impact in getting kids playing.

Well I love seeing someone from outside of Canada saying that - as locally we're probably as excited as we've ever been about the state of football here. <cheers>

Having a Geordie managing the men's national team can only be an asset too! He's completely changed the attitude of the players and approach to how they play, after a littany of super conservative managers.

lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:39 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:34 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:09 am

Well I love seeing someone from outside of Canada saying that - as locally we're probably as excited as we've ever been about the state of football here. <cheers>

Having a Geordie managing the men's national team can only be an asset too! He's completely changed the attitude of the players and approach to how they play, after a littany of super conservative managers.
Yep Herdman is a great coach done wonders with the women's team there too ifirc.
<ayo>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:28 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:39 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:34 pm

Yep Herdman is a great coach done wonders with the women's team there too ifirc.
Absolutely. Led the women's team to a bunch of international success, and made them more famous than the men's team. When he'd done as much as he could with them, leveraged rumours of him becoming the English women's manager to get the Canadian men's gig.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:14 am

Just seen on Sky Sports that Fraser won't play for Bournemouth again as Eddie Howe doesn't like the fact he's got ideas of playing elsewhere....

Reckon he'd be a cracking signing.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

TJR
10 Champs Chump
10 Champs Chump

Post by TJR » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:20 am

Chappy wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:14 am
Just seen on Sky Sports that Fraser won't play for Bournemouth again as Eddie Howe doesn't like the fact he's got ideas of playing elsewhere....

Agreed.

Though I think he'll be snapped up before we get the chance to enter the running. I can't see the current regime doing anything signing-wise if they're expecting to sell the club in the coming weeks and giving the time Premier League approval is taking, he'll have probably agreed terms elsewhere before our new owners can begin negotiations.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:16 am

Chappy wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:14 am

Good news for us as we're not safe yet and they're a relegation rival and missing one of their best players.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:37 pm

Wouldn't go near Fraser, clearly not got the right attitude.

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:39 pm

ALF wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:37 pm
A one seasons wonder is he not?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:46 pm

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:39 pm
ALF wrote:
Had a very good 18/19 season, other than that his 16/17, 17/18 and 19/20 seasons were pretty average.

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by CIH » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:09 pm

ALF wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:46 pm
The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:39 pm

Had a very good 18/19 season, other than that his 16/17, 17/18 and 19/20 seasons were pretty average.
Would still take him. Although his attitude, and from Howe's comment, seems to imply he's got a perhaps inflated opinion of his own ability. Prob wants a team in Yurope.

Beatski
Punderful
Punderful

Post by Beatski » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:52 pm

Need a right winger farmore than we need another left winger really, but the depth wouldn't hurt*

* <perv>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:19 am

ALF wrote:
His contract ends on 30 June and he’s got no obligation to accept an extension, so he’s fulfilled fully what he signed up to. It’s the club who are choosing not to play him for the rest of this month. When tho his goals/assists are down on last season he still seems to have been trying to do his best for the team this season rather than being an Ozil type character.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:17 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:19 am
ALF wrote:
His contract ends on 30 June and he’s got no obligation to accept an extension, so he’s fulfilled fully what he signed up to. It’s the club who are choosing not to play him for the rest of this month. When tho his goals/assists are down on last season he still seems to have been trying to do his best for the team this season rather than being an Ozil type character.
He's been happy to accept a wage for 3 months yet won't extend short term to finish the season. He's not Lyle Taylor levels of shithouse but anyone refusing a short term extension until the season is finished is not worth going near.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:17 pm

ALF wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:17 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:19 am

He's been happy to accept a wage for 3 months yet won't extend short term to finish the season. He's not Lyle Taylor levels of shithouse but anyone refusing a short term extension until the season is finished is not worth going near.
True, tho I suspect he’ll have played the games in June but the manager decided to drop him. I just won’t hold it against any player for leaving at the end of the contract that they’ve fully seen out. But yeah, not quite Lyle Taylor!

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alfie » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:37 pm

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/fo ... ls-2889934

Manquillo & Carroll getting new deals.
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?