New squad after potential takeover

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2011
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by CIH » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:22 pm

What are people's opinion of the three players we currently have in on loan? Lazarro, Rose, and Bentaleb. Personally wouldn't take any of them, - I just tried to use the supposed word 'irregardless', clearly I meant 'regardless' - of a takeover. I think we'd probably sign Bentaleb for sure under the current regime, cheapish and fills a gap. Lazarro probably the only one for me that has shown any kind of anything, but not sure he's a 20m player. Plus pretty much everything him/his agent has said since signing on loan indicates he never had any interest in a long term stay. Takeover notes probably making them backpedal.

Colly
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 6330
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by Colly » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:23 pm

Agreed, I wouldn't take Rose and Lazaro as we are, never mind post takeover.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 28601
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:27 pm

The thing is, bang average = £20m+ now...

Bentaleb has barely played any football for over a year so no surprise he’s taking longer to get going after the break. He showed some good stuff prior to that.

Rose looks way past his best, if Willems gets fit I’d take him over Rose any day.

Not sure on Lazaro yet.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 3599
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:23 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by Sir Bobby » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:33 pm

Lazaro to replace Atsu isn’t bad but there’s better out there

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2011
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by CIH » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:53 pm

I hope we do explore signing Willems, he looked like the lb we've been missing for years until that bad injury. Rose clearly past his best, and comes across as a bit of a nob to boot. Lazaro would be an upgrade on Atsu, but I'm not sure we should necessarily just take the first option. If (hopefully when) West Ham go down, Bowen could be avaliable. Although they may be loath to give him up, he'd murder the champo again. Shaqiri looks like he'll be moving on from Liverpool as soon as they can. Different style of player, but if better than Atsu is the bar, then he fits it.

Toon Ireland
Aarons' Ailments
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:18 pm
Location: Cork

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by Toon Ireland » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:56 pm

Rose hasn't looked too good, as mentioned willems all day over him. Hopefully we'll get a better look at Lazaro he could be good but as of right now I wouldn't be too keen on any of the 3.
Random question, does Ki still play for us? I totally forgot about him til today

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2011
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by CIH » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:02 pm

Toon Ireland wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:56 pm
Rose hasn't looked too good, as mentioned willems all day over him. Hopefully we'll get a better look at Lazaro he could be good but as of right now I wouldn't be too keen on any of the 3.
Random question, does Ki still play for us? I totally forgot about him til today
Got released end of January. Since joined Mallorca.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 28601
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:21 pm

CIH wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:02 pm
Toon Ireland wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:56 pm
Rose hasn't looked too good, as mentioned willems all day over him. Hopefully we'll get a better look at Lazaro he could be good but as of right now I wouldn't be too keen on any of the 3.
Random question, does Ki still play for us? I totally forgot about him til today
Got released end of January. Since joined Mallorca.
Yep, Ki was cut.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2011
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by CIH » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:38 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:21 pm
CIH wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:02 pm


Got released end of January. Since joined Mallorca.
Yep, Ki was cut.
That is awful <laugh>

<applause>

User avatar
Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police
Posts: 8350
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:23 pm
Location: Newcastle, High Heaton

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by Toondes » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:45 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:21 pm
CIH wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:02 pm


Got released end of January. Since joined Mallorca.
Yep, Ki was cut.
Yep he’s offsKi
# stolen from nufc.com :)

User avatar
Beatski
Punderful
Punderful
Posts: 22868
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:19 pm
Location: The Dangerzone

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by Beatski » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:44 pm

All three loan signings are s**** <ok>

Colly
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 6330
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by Colly » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:19 pm


Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
Posts: 2320
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by Sanchino » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:48 pm

CIH wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:53 pm
I hope we do explore signing Willems, he looked like the lb we've been missing for years until that bad injury. Rose clearly past his best, and comes across as a bit of a nob to boot. Lazaro would be an upgrade on Atsu, but I'm not sure we should necessarily just take the first option. If (hopefully when) West Ham go down, Bowen could be avaliable. Although they may be loath to give him up, he'd murder the champo again. Shaqiri looks like he'll be moving on from Liverpool as soon as they can. Different style of player, but if better than Atsu is the bar, then he fits it.
This summaries my opinion. Shaqiri would be a excellent signing. A front three of him, Miggy and ASM on the wing would be explosive and if they had a quality striker to supply the ammunition to even better. <diva> <whistle>

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2011
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by CIH » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:57 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:48 pm
CIH wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:53 pm
I hope we do explore signing Willems, he looked like the lb we've been missing for years until that bad injury. Rose clearly past his best, and comes across as a bit of a nob to boot. Lazaro would be an upgrade on Atsu, but I'm not sure we should necessarily just take the first option. If (hopefully when) West Ham go down, Bowen could be avaliable. Although they may be loath to give him up, he'd murder the champo again. Shaqiri looks like he'll be moving on from Liverpool as soon as they can. Different style of player, but if better than Atsu is the bar, then he fits it.
This summaries my opinion. Shaqiri would be a excellent signing. A front three of him, Miggy and ASM on the wing would be explosive and if they had a quality striker to supply the ammunition to even better. <diva> <whistle>
I think someone like Edouard from Celtic would be realistic and work well for us going forward. Especially with that three behind him.

User avatar
Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10046
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:30 pm

I don't think any of the 3 loans have been as bad as (some) people have let on. Though I'd also add none of the three have done enough to want to keep them ahead of whatever alternatives are out there. Though I'm open to at least seeing more of Lazaro, who has hinted at having some real skill.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
Posts: 2320
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by Sanchino » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:00 pm

CIH wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:57 pm
Sanchino wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:48 pm


This summaries my opinion. Shaqiri would be a excellent signing. A front three of him, Miggy and ASM on the wing would be explosive and if they had a quality striker to supply the ammunition to even better. <diva> <whistle>
I think someone like Edouard from Celtic would be realistic and work well for us going forward. Especially with that three behind him.
Agreed. I wouldn't mind Morelos from Rangers too but his attitude and disciplinary record could pose a risk. The likes of Jonathan David, Victor Osimhen, M Boadu, Alexandar Isak, D Malen, Matheus Cunha and Patson Daka should all be looked at as there all young, upcoming and hungry strikers with great potential and links to big clubs. If we're looking more for the Prem/Championship we should look at the likes of Neal Maupay (if Brighton go down), Watkins, Bryan Mbeumo (more a winger but can play as a forward in a front 3) and Said Benrahim. Yes there Brentford's front three but there all good enough to play in the Prem imo.

User avatar
krully
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4893
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:14 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by krully » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:52 am

Steve Bruce has confirmed that local lad Mark Gillespie will join Newcastle this summer as a free agent.

“I think it’s been signed in the last 24 hours. We’re delighted to have him on board. He was here as a youngster, went away and played some games, and we welcome him back.”

User avatar
Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police
Posts: 8350
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:23 pm
Location: Newcastle, High Heaton

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by Toondes » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:54 am

krully wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:52 am
Steve Bruce has confirmed that local lad Mark Gillespie will join Newcastle this summer as a free agent.

“I think it’s been signed in the last 24 hours. We’re delighted to have him on board. He was here as a youngster, went away and played some games, and we welcome him back.”
Why ?
# stolen from nufc.com :)

User avatar
Colback's Orange Tufts
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10981
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:48 pm
Location: Near the ducks

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:55 am

Toondes wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:54 am
krully wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:52 am
Steve Bruce has confirmed that local lad Mark Gillespie will join Newcastle this summer as a free agent.

“I think it’s been signed in the last 24 hours. We’re delighted to have him on board. He was here as a youngster, went away and played some games, and we welcome him back.”
Why ?
Replacing Elliot i guess
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 23534
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:08 am

Toondes wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:54 am
krully wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:52 am
Steve Bruce has confirmed that local lad Mark Gillespie will join Newcastle this summer as a free agent.

“I think it’s been signed in the last 24 hours. We’re delighted to have him on board. He was here as a youngster, went away and played some games, and we welcome him back.”
Why ?
Homegrown player rule? That's why Scott Carson plays for Man City and Andy Lonergan plays for Liverpool!
Kindly deeds done for free!

Post Reply