Match day thread - Bournemouth v NUFC

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Re: Match day thread - Bournemouth v NUFC

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:00 pm

ALF wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:53 pm
Shelvey is so s***. Keeps running forward despite being too slow to get on the end of anything then is a greedy prick when he does get near the box.
See him complaining at Miggy for the good through ball, because he didn't put back spin on for his slow arse. He's far too slow to play in CAM. Hopefully that's the last we see of it.

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:01 pm

Do that against West ham and happy days

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:02 pm

Cracking result!
Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:58 pm
1 more win for mathematical?
Think we might already be safe due to number of teams on same amount of points and still to play each other?

I’m probably wrong so let’s just say one more win <ok>
Last edited by jpg on Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:02 pm

Shelvey looks like agent 47.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:02 pm

Without the barcode.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:08 pm

Great performance overall. I knew Lazaro had some hidden quality he hadn't been able to show yet.. must be a reason why Inter bought him and Leipzig wanted him he's got good pace, movement and judging by that goal he can finish too. ASM MOTM in my opinion but Longstaff played terrific in that attacking midfield role suits his game, Miggy's finish was exquisite, Joelinton showed why he's better playing as a second striker/inside forward than a out and out striker showed some good touches, passing and vision. Thought defense was solid apart from the end when we conceded a lack of concentration and probably complacency cost us but I'll take winning 4-1, playing attacking football and taking risks than a bore 0-0 or a ultra defensive stinker were we nick a goal to win or end up losing by 1 goal instead. Last thing I noticed was in midfield we was tidy, neat and efficient especially Bentaleb and Shelvey worked hard but he ran out of gas towards the end he was so fatigued he shouldn't be played as a attacking mid when he hasn't got the pace or legs to run beyond Carroll put Lazaro / Miggy in that role.

All in all a cracking performance and may it continue! West Ham next should be fun. <diva>

Late cheeky Europa league push anyone? Would set us up perfectly for some Saudi investment.. <whistle> <whistle>

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:12 pm

jpg wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:02 pm
Cracking result!
Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:58 pm
1 more win for mathematical?
Think we might already be safe due to number of teams on same amount of points and still to play each other?

I’m probably wrong so let’s just say one more win <ok>
15 point clear with 18 left to play. Technically not, but howay

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:12 pm

This is the face I pulled when I looked at Bournemouth's remaining fixtures:

Kindly deeds done for free!

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:13 pm

Great win.

100% safe now
I'll Hazard a guess

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:15 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:13 pm
Great win.

100% safe now
Not 100% yet. Relegation is still mathematically possible, although our chances of staying up are drastically increased if West Ham lose to Chelsea <laugh>.
Kindly deeds done for free!

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:20 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:15 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:13 pm
Great win.

100% safe now
Not 100% yet. Relegation is still mathematically possible, although our chances of staying up are drastically increased if West Ham lose to Chelsea <laugh>.
Well I know mathematically not but just look at Bournemouths and Villas fixtures if either of them picking up 16 points to overtake our 42 current.

Into context they need 5 wins and a draw that will not happen
I'll Hazard a guess

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:21 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:00 pm
ALF wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:53 pm
Shelvey is so s***. Keeps running forward despite being too slow to get on the end of anything then is a greedy prick when he does get near the box.
See him complaining at Miggy for the good through ball, because he didn't put back spin on for his slow arse. He's far too slow to play in CAM. Hopefully that's the last we see of it.
It's awful. Think there were 3 times he was played through, 1 was admittedly overhit but twice Ake just casually jogged past him. He's got no business playing that role. He's frustrating enough playing in CM.

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:25 pm

ALF wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:21 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:00 pm

It's awful. Think there were 3 times he was played through, 1 was admittedly overhit but twice Ake just casually jogged past him. He's got no business playing that role. He's frustrating enough playing in CM.
This. Longstaff, Miggy, ASM, Joelinton and even Lazaro are better suited to that position. We could've even scored 5 or 6 if that Lazaro goal went in and Hayden didn't miss the rebound. Shocking miss mind.. it was literally a tap in and he ballooned it over. I was happy with Bentaleb's peformence he was efficient, strong and good on the ball. After today's performance.. should we get Lazaro / Bentaleb in on a permanent basis?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:29 pm

Except for that goal at the end (typical Gosling goal, I’m sure he only ever scored consolations for us too), that was a pretty perfect performance. Finally saw some decent games from Lazaro and Bentaleb - both were good. Longstaff was great till his hammy went, Almiron played well too, but of course star of the show was ASM. Unplayable.
I had the first custom w***

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:29 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:25 pm
ALF wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:21 pm

This. Longstaff, Miggy, ASM, Joelinton and even Lazaro are better suited to that position. We could've even scored 5 or 6 if that Lazaro goal went in and Hayden didn't miss the rebound. Shocking miss mind.. it was literally a tap in and he ballooned it over. I was happy with Bentaleb's peformence he was efficient, strong and good on the ball. After today's performance.. should we get Lazaro / Bentaleb in on a permanent basis?
I think we need to see a little more from both before the end of the season before we commit to signing them. They're literally on 2 or 3 good games each at the moment. Although even off 2/3 good games I'd take them over Shelvey/Atsu.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:39 pm

I do like Lazaro, I just don't know if he's best played as a winger in this league, just seems like he needs a little extra pace to be effective. Wouldn't mind seeing him trialled as a 10, was a decent finish and run for his goal and he never looked like missing, could be a bit like Wijnaldum was for us.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:08 pm

Pity that Hayden didn't just tap it in for 5 but on the plus side - some kid in Guernsey probably has a new football.

Toon Ireland
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Toon Ireland » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:09 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:20 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:15 pm

Well I know mathematically not but just look at Bournemouths and Villas fixtures if either of them picking up 16 points to overtake our 42 current.

Into context they need 5 wins and a draw that will not happen
And we would have to lose all our games too, nah we're safe and looking up not down!
Solid performance tonight by everyone, shame about the goal at the end, mainly cos I have lascelles and dubravka in FF team and left ASM on the bench! But real football is more important and tonight was a real pleasure to watch and it's not too often we say that. Lazaro looks promising, hopefully he'll start against west ham so we can get a good look at him. Even with the potential takeover we don't really need a big overhaul up top.

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:37 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:39 pm
I do like Lazaro, I just don't know if he's best played as a winger in this league, just seems like he needs a little extra pace to be effective. Wouldn't mind seeing him trialled as a 10, was a decent finish and run for his goal and he never looked like missing, could be a bit like Wijnaldum was for us.
This. You don't need to have blistering pace to be a decent winger in this league though it does help look at Ritchie for example he makes up for it through his set-piece delivery, crossing, passing, shooting and work-rate but the ''modern'' winger nowadays has to be fast and athletic. But yes I agree I think he can do a job as a wing-back / winger but in the middle as a no.10 ala Wijnaldum could be his most effective position as shown by his movement and composed finish through the middle today. A upgrade on Atsu that's for sure. <ok>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:39 pm

12% of our goals this season have been scored in July.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?