Match day thread - Bournemouth v NUFC

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Re: Match day thread - Bournemouth v NUFC

Post by Colly » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:02 am

I thought he looked better in the previous games. He didn't do an awful lot wrong against Bournemouth, but he wasnt overly involved especially going forward. As part of the front 3/4 you barely saw him in the area while ASM was creating goals.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:42 am

Colly wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:02 am
I thought he looked better in the previous games. He didn't do an awful lot wrong against Bournemouth, but he wasnt overly involved especially going forward. As part of the front 3/4 you barely saw him in the area while ASM was creating goals.
Oh yeah he didn't create much or anything, just looked tidy and did the simple things well (which is something that he doesn't do when players as a striker).
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:37 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:42 am
Colly wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:02 am
Oh yeah he didn't create much or anything, just looked tidy and did the simple things well (which is something that he doesn't do when players as a striker).
I think that's harsh, he's always been able to do that. Sadly he's always struggled to do more, hopefully he'll keep improving but he needs to be higher up than he was against Bournemouth to play that position.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:03 pm

Colly wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:37 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:42 am

I think that's harsh, he's always been able to do that. Sadly he's always struggled to do more, hopefully he'll keep improving but he needs to be higher up than he was against Bournemouth to play that position.
Agreed. I think he's always put in a lot of effort, and been decent enough with hold-up play and passing through the midfield, but he's struggled to get in the right attacking positions or get on the end of what few chances we'd create. So I think as a side we've looked much more threatening in the 4-4-2 recently deployed, and it's more flattering to him, but only because it's led to other players being more involved in the final third and taking a lot of the pressure (and blame) off of him.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:15 pm

When I say he's struggled to do the simple things well when played as a striker I was meaning in the box, his hold up play and strength further up the pitch has been good but in terms of getting in to decent positions in the box, and the standard of his finishing / final ball hasn't been great.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?