Premier League - Final Table Prediction

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Premier League - Final Table Prediction

Post by TJR » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:13 am

Although Liverpool are already Premier League champions there is still an awful lot to play for. With there only being 6 games left, it's now at the stage where completing the Premier League table predictor isn't too arduous a task.

Teams in Champions League battle
  • Leicester
  • Chelsea
  • Man Utd
  • Wolves
At the top end of the table Liverpool are champions and Man City will finish second, though becuase of Man City's transfer ban there are still 3 Champions League places to play for (2 if Man City win the appeal). The battle for the 3 (or maybe 2) champions league places is between Leicester, Chelsea, Man Utd and Wolves, with the 4 teams only being seperated by 3 points with 6 games left to play.

Teams in Europa League battle
  • Sheffield Utd
  • Arsenal
  • Spurs
  • Burnley
  • Everton
One Europa League spot will be taken by the team that loses out in the Champions League battle but that currently leaves another to play for (unless Man City win the appeal). If Man City or a team that has already qualified for European football win the FA Cup (likely to be any possible winner apart from Arsenal), then 8th place will also get Europa League (unless Man City win the appeal). The battle for the possible (depending on Man City's appeal & FA Cup winner) remaining Europa League place(s) is between Sheffield Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Burnley and Everton with only 3 points separating the 5 teams.

Teams in relegation battle
  • Bournemouth
  • Villa
  • Watford
  • West Ham
  • Brighton
With Norwich all but mathematically relegated, there are realistically two places to play for (well play to avoid). The teams involved are Bournemouth, Villa, Watford & West Ham with only 3 points separating the 4 teams. There is also a possibility of Brighton getting dragged in to the fight though they are currently 6 points clear of the drop.

Teams with seemingly nothing to play for
  • Liverpool
  • Man City
  • Palace
  • Newcastle
  • Southampton
  • Norwich
Liverpool are champions and if last nights result was anything to go by they're now either on holiday or still celebrating the title. Norwich need the miracle of of all miracles if they are somehow to rejoin the relegation battle. Man City will finish second. Palace, Newcastle & Southampton are all safe from relegation with an outside chance of breaking into the Europa League battle. Palace & Newcastle are 5 points behind 7th placed Sheffield Utd and Southampton are 7 points behind.

Current Premier League table (after 32 rounds)

How to predict
Click on this link:
https://www.worldfootball.net/table_cal ... er-league/

My prediction

If we can pick up 12 of our remaining 18 points we could potentially get a Europa League spot. If Bournemouth can find a way to pick up 7 from their remaining 18 the dream relegation combo of Villa & West Ham is on.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Premier League - Final Table Prediction

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:32 am

Nice work <ok>

I don't think we'll get 12 points, probably around 8 (2 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses (Man City of course being one of those so we can instantly write that game off)).
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:35 am

Good work mate <ok>

Isnt 8th the last Europa spot though? Because of City's europe ban?

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:38 am

Haven't done the prediction yet but, unfortunately, after beating Chelsea the other night I can't see both West Ham and Villa being relegated. West Ham have a relatively easy run-in compared to Villa, Bournemouth & Watford.

Hope I'm wrong though!
Last edited by UlversToon on Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:46 am, edited 4 times in total.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:11 am

Not sure how to copy my prediction but I have Norwich, Bournemouth and Villa - on goal difference - going down whilst we finish 11th on 51 points having restricted Liverpool to 99 points in the final game of the season!

1- Liverpool (99)
2- Man City (84)
3- Leicester (74)
4- Chelsea (67)
5- Man United (64)
6- Wolves (62)
7- Arsenal (58)
8- Spurs (55)
9- Everton (54)
10-Sheff United (52)
11-Toon (51)
12-Burnley (49)
13-Southampton (47)
14-Palace (46)
15-West Ham (37)
16-Brighton (35)
17-Watford (33 -24)
18-Villa (33 -29)
19-Bournemouth (28 -36)
20-Norwich (28 -40)
Last edited by UlversToon on Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:25 am

1 - Liverpool (104)
2 - Man City (84)
3 - Leicester (71)
4 - Man Utd (64 +24)
5 - Wolves (64 +17)
6 - Chelsea (63)
7 - Sheff Utd (56)
8 - Spurs (54 +9)
9 - Arsenal (54 +5)
10 - Burnley (54 -9)
11 - Everton (52)
12 - Newcastle (50)
13 - Southampton (48)
14 - Palace (45)
15 - Brighton (37)
16 - West Ham (36)
17 - Watford (32)
18 - Villa (30)
19 - Bournemouth (27)
20 - Norwich (25)
Kindly deeds done for free!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:33 am

I’m almost certain it’ll be Villa and Bournemouth joining Norwich.

Bournemouth were as bad as I can ever remember anyone being against us, villa just don’t have the goals in them.

West Ham do have some decent players and as said, a decent run in.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:43 am

The champions League battlers/bottlers all play each other on the last day of the season, as do four of the teams in the relegation scrap, so that should make for an exciting final day.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:52 am

originallad wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:35 am
Good work mate <ok>

Isnt 8th the last Europa spot though? Because of City's europe ban?
8th will be a Europa spot if the FA Cup winner finishes 7th or higher. So as long as Arsenal don't win the FA Cup essentially. If Arsenal do win the FA cup then they get a Europa place instead of whoever finishes 8th.

Though if Man City win the appeal against their ban, then only 5th, 6th and the FA Cup winners (or 7th if FA Cup winners finish top 6) will qualify for the Europa League.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:55 am

I live in Wolverhampton so would love to see them got CL football. They've been on an amazing journey the last few years and it's great for the city that they're doing so well.

Seems like Jiminez will leave in summer which will be a blow to them, have to wait and see if they can keep Traore. But if they do go they'll get good money (and they're not short of cash anyway) and Nuno is a great coach so will no doubt have his targets lined up. They play some great football.