Importance of ASM

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Importance of ASM

Post by TJR » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:38 pm

Our record when he starts is incredible. He completely transforms the team.

With him in the team we average 1.89 points per game which would see us finish in the Champions League places.

Without him starting we average 0.57 points per game which would comfortably see us finish bottom.

He's also up for player of the month and you can vote for him here:
https://plpotm.easports.com/?utm_source ... edium=link

Brucey is also up for manager of the month and you can vote for him here:
https://www.premierleague.com/news/1703136
Last edited by TJR on Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Re: Importance of ASM

Post by krully » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:59 pm

We need ten more of him

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:23 pm

krully wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:59 pm
We need ten more of him
Would be sensational to see the keeper burst up the left side and do three defenders <awe>
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:53 pm

To emphasise the point: over a 38 game season we’d average 21 points without him, making us one of the worst Prem teams of all time <diva>

It’s brilliant we have a player like him but also shocking that we rely so heavily on one individual <erk>

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:21 pm

CIH wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:23 pm
krully wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:59 pm
We need ten more of him
Would be sensational to see the keeper burst up the left side and do three defenders <awe>
Easily done in FIFA

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:20 pm

krully wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:21 pm
CIH wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:23 pm

Easily done in FIFA
You haven’t seen my fifa skills <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:01 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:20 pm
krully wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:21 pm

Easily done in FIFA
You haven’t seen my fifa skills <laugh>
Can't be any worse than Krul 🤢😂

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:18 am

And he's earnest, which is important.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:45 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:18 am
And he's earnest, which is important.
I thought he was Alain?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:51 am

<laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:28 am

The lad has all the attributes to be world class. I think bruce has done a good job with him, seems to have instilled a greater sense of teamwork in him. When he first came there was a lot of criticism of him dribbling to nowhere ad lacking the final ball. He now seems so much more aware of play and where his team mates are going to be.

Against Bournemouth (which is his best performance for us) I can only remember 1 crazy dribble and that was his second assist. He rest of the game he seemed to have a few decent dribbles but did all the other bit right too. I feel if this was Rafa we would e seeing everyone saying hes the one who's got the best out of him with man management etc

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:35 am

Whilst very influential for our results pre lockdown, I’m not sure if his end product during that period would suffice for a top 6 club. Hard to tell if his form since the restart has just been a purple patch.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:15 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:28 am
The lad has all the attributes to be world class. I think bruce has done a good job with him, seems to have instilled a greater sense of teamwork in him. When he first came there was a lot of criticism of him dribbling to nowhere ad lacking the final ball. He now seems so much more aware of play and where his team mates are going to be.

Against Bournemouth (which is his best performance for us) I can only remember 1 crazy dribble and that was his second assist. He rest of the game he seemed to have a few decent dribbles but did all the other bit right too. I feel if this was Rafa we would e seeing everyone saying hes the one who's got the best out of him with man management etc
If it was Rafa he wouldn't be here. People are quick to mention that he didn't want Joelinton but they don't mention him not wanting ASM.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:29 pm

ALF wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:15 am
Don Sholeone wrote:

If it was Rafa he wouldn't be here. People are quick to mention that he didn't want Joelinton but they don't mention him not wanting ASM.
Seen some people pointing that out on Twitter about Joelinton, the irony is Rafa wasted more than £40m on trash like Sels, Lazaar, Hanley, Murphy, Atsu, Kenedy, Joselu, Muto, Slimani etc and that's just transfer and loan fees alone, that's not including agents fees, wages etc. So it's a bit ridiculous to hold Rafa up as some genius for not wanting Joelinton.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:43 pm

Oh yeah some of Rafa’s transfers were absolute shockers, same at Liverpool too.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:47 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:43 pm
Oh yeah some of Rafa’s transfers were absolute shockers, same at Liverpool too.
Only because he wasn't allowed to get his preferred targets. He had no choice but to buy s*** players <roll>

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:00 pm

Also the thing about him not wanting Joelinton, wasn't it more that he didn't think he was worth the price? With our pretty tight purse strings, clearly didn't want to play his load all in one go on someone with an average at best record at Hoffenheim.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:12 pm

Linked with Arsenal and Napoli in the French press today (according to the BBC Gossip Column which is about as valuable as Lawro's punditry insights).

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:44 pm

Great player and all but does he wave enough?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:08 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:

Agreed. His decision making as to when to take on another defender, when to pass and when to shoot have really improved as the season's gone on. Mind you, I think he's also benefited from recent tactics that have brought more players forward and provided him more options in and around the box.