<dotheameobi>

<atsu>

<mob>

UlversToon
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Match day - Man City v Newcastle United

Post by UlversToon » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:42 pm

This peformance beggars belief, surely the players want to test themselves against the best but they just surrendered without giving it a go. Very unprofessional and some, including the "manager"or whatever he is called, should be ashamed of themselves.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:44 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:34 pm
I'm just waiting for us to be through 1 vs 1 on goal and have us looking for the backwards pass to dubravka <awe>
You’ll be waiting a very long time for us to get through 1v1
# stolen from nufc.com :)

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:49 pm

5-0 f*** off Bentaleb!!!!

overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:49 pm

Phew. This is almost over.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:50 pm

Bentaleb is a liability. One good game. s****.
I had the first custom w***

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:51 pm

Don’t think a single player did well today. So many simple passes where we gave the ball straight to them. Bentaleb and Shelvey the biggest culprits but everyone to a man was s***.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:51 pm

Speedo wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:50 pm
Bentaleb is a liability. One good game. s****.
He is utter f***ing garbage, so glad we only got him on loan

Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:54 pm

I'd fine a lot of those **** a weeks wages. Some of the play was absolutely inexcusable. You are getting spanked and you are still scared to play a forward ball. So many gutless players out there today.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:55 pm

That went just about as expected...
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Donkey Toon
Resident Financial Expert

Post by Donkey Toon » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:56 pm

Meh.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:12 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:56 pm
Meh.
I came on here to post exactly the same comment <laugh>. The combined transfer fees of their bench alone tonight isn't far off double the combined transfer fees of our entire 20-man squad. We can't compete with that.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:13 pm

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:26 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:54 pm
I'd fine a lot of those **** a weeks wages. Some of the play was absolutely inexcusable. You are getting spanked and you are still scared to play a forward ball. So many gutless players out there today.
This. Have to blame the management and the negative formation / tactics that were instructed to the players. To lose 0-2 and play ultra negative is bad enough but to even not attack / give it a proper go and only have 1 shot on target is disgraceful. Rather we got spanked 0-5 and go for it instead of going out on a wimpier and players who aren't brave enough to attack, play forward passes, pressure on the front foot and play with expression / freedom. It's a nothing game but alot of players were disappointing such as Bentaleb who's had some decent games but for the most part has been lackluster, underwhelming and sluggish, Lazaro seems to be the best out of a bad lot who we need to see more of but I would like to sign him but I don't know if he's worth the reported 20m price tag when he hasn't exactly lit up the place but would be a better option than Muto / Atsu of the bench and finally Danny Rose who's been awful for most parts, looks disinterested at times, slow and cumbersome, simply looks past it and not up the required Premier League level anymore let the likes of Lazio from Seria A have him he'll look decent up there even Ashley Young looks like a amazing player up there <laugh> . All jokes outside the takeover is needed urgently for investment and to take this club further otherwise we're just going to be a consistent cycle of being up n' down in mid-table / relegation battles and going nowhere. The likes of Duba / Miggy / ASM will not stay for long if this continues.

Anyways gotta stay positive, upwards n onwards.. need to get a result and performance against Watford to make up for this horror show. <urgh>

Donkey Toon

Post by Donkey Toon » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:27 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:12 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:
Meh.
I came on here to post exactly the same comment <laugh>. The combined transfer fees of their bench alone tonight isn't far off double the combined transfer fees of our entire 20-man squad. We can't compete with that.
Yeah we parked the bus and it didn't work and we got stuffed. But at least these days Bruce only really does that against sides that we are massively outclassed by. Rafa was doing that against relegation fodder as well and occasionally taking a beating. Not happy with the result, but we are basically getting something from most of the games that we should expect something from. Tonight was always a shot to nothing. On to the next game.

TJR
10 Champs Chump
10 Champs Chump

Post by TJR » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:30 pm

Can'tbsay I'm bothered at all about the result. I sat down to watch the game expecting a heavy defeat and it went exactly how I thought it would. Man City were never going to lose two in a row they were going to give whoever they played next a spanking and we got it.

The starting line up was atrocious mind, a back four with a right hand side of Yedlin and Krafth is laughably bad. If the result was ever in doubt the team sheet confirmed it.

seaside nipper
Bruce's Cabbage

Post by seaside nipper » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:38 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
^^^^
Pretty much this.
No one did themselves any favours out there and as for Bruce not to get any energy and snap into that performance, that’s on him.
FWIW that’s the kind of surrender and meek effort and result that sticks. Overall not a surprising defeat, but what’s embarrassing , not a hint or modest hint of Newcastle Utd pride, that hurts.
Clydeside & Tyneside

UlversToon
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by UlversToon » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:58 pm

seaside nipper wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:38 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
^^^^
Pretty much this.
No one did themselves any favours out there and as for Bruce not to get any energy and snap into that performance, that’s on him.
FWIW that’s the kind of surrender and meek effort and result that sticks. Overall not a surprising defeat, but what’s embarrassing , not a hint or modest hint of Newcastle Utd pride, that hurts.
^^^

I'm still spitting feathers! I'm not bothered about the result I never expected a win but it's the performance and tactics that gall me and I can't see how, as a so called Toon fan, Bruce can defend in any way that gameplan tonight. For the second time in front of a national TV audience my beloved club have been made to look a laughing stock.

Sorry, rant over - for now!

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:12 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:12 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:
Meh.
No but we can try and compete on the pitch. I’ve seen teams below us go to the etihad and offer a lot more than we have .
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:33 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:58 pm
seaside nipper wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:38 pm

^^^^
Pretty much this.
^^^

I'm still spitting feathers! I'm not bothered about the result I never expected a win but it's the performance and tactics that gall me and I can't see how, as a so called Toon fan, Bruce can defend in any way that gameplan tonight. For the second time in front of a national TV audience my beloved club have been made to look a laughing stock.

Sorry, rant over - for now!
Don't worry, (opposing) fans will have forgotten by tomorrow.