NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by Speedo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:54 pm

CIH wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:43 pm
From Skysports' transfer centre:

YEDLIN CLOSE TO NEWCASTLE EXIT

Newcastle’s DeAndre Yedlin is close to joining Besiktas.

He has a year left of his contract on Tyneside but talks are said to be over a free transfer.

I'm surprised we aren't after a fee, but it does make sense with us having three right backs and his contract running down. Seen a link today to Callum Chambers, who can cover RB and CB as well.
Bruce said he wasn't aware of any speculation. Then again, it's not like he'd know!

I think losing him on a free would be a surprise, honestly. He's vulnerable in the air, but otherwise he's a decent player - and offers a fair amount going forward. Would be a good signing for a top Championship team IMO...
I had the first custom w***

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:19 am

But he’s on a free next year so if he’s not gonna be in the squad then we might as well get him off the wage bill.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:28 am

Cal wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:52 pm
He must be taking the long route home.
Whilst still playing in black and white <love>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:07 am

Captain Obvious wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:19 am
But he’s on a free next year so if he’s not gonna be in the squad then we might as well get him off the wage bill.
He’s only on £20k a week I think. If we’re not getting a fee I’d just keep him for cover until the end of his contract especially with how thick and fast games will come this season (and who knows what’s going to happen with things over winter).
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:39 am

But if he's not in the 25 man squad we can't play him anyway

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:56 am

Captain Obvious wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:39 am
But if he's not in the 25 man squad we can't play him anyway
Didn’t realise he wasn’t in the PL squad.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:22 pm

It's not finalised till after the window but he looks very unlikely to make the final 25 even if he doesn't leave. Plus Brucie wants to clear some money off the wage bill to hopefully bring in a CB and a ST

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:30 pm

I think Callum Chambers would make sense if we get rid of Yedlin, can cover two positions at least. Can also play holding midfield, I think. As for cover up front, I think we will be best looking further afield, into the european leagues. I've not really seen many links to an additional striker, on loan or otherwise. We have been linked to Oxlade-Chamberlain, but I can't see that happening for a variety of reasons. Once Jota goes to the scousers, I can see both him and Shaqiri being avaliable.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:51 pm

Shaqiri is very good but always injured, turned into a bit of a Lallana. Ox would be excellent but really can’t see Liverpool letting him go, or us being able to pay the wages / loan fee, both of which would be high.

Chambers would be good to cover a variety of positions but could we guarantee him first team football week in week out? If not then it’d be pointless for Arsenal and pointless for the players. Maybe he’d play ahead of Manquillo at RB but not sure, and Manquillo has done well.

Striker cover we were linked to Nketiah from Arsenal who is a live wire and would be decent I think.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:56 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:51 pm
Shaqiri is very good but always injured, turned into a bit of a Lallana. Ox would be excellent but really can’t see Liverpool letting him go, or us being able to pay the wages / loan fee, both of which would be high.

Chambers would be good to cover a variety of positions but could we guarantee him first team football week in week out? If not then it’d be pointless for Arsenal and pointless for the players. Maybe he’d play ahead of Manquillo at RB but not sure, and Manquillo has done well.

Striker cover we were linked to Nketiah from Arsenal who is a live wire and would be decent I think.
Yeah I saw the Nketiah link, and I'd be game for that - but I think they'd only loan him out with an expectation to start, which he wouldn't do most weeks. Chambers is clearly surplus, they want a fee for him if no one is in for him, then they could loan him out with an option to buy - which would suit us. If we did loan Chambers, league rules would mean we couldn't loan Nketiah as well. I didn't mean to suggest we should go for Shaqiri, although he is a good player on his day, I don't think he'd suit us right now. Injuries doesn't help either, as you say. I think the Ox has a fair run of injuries as well. If he was an option for us, it would definitely only be on a loan deal, but as said don't see it happening. I think he could be a great player for us, but there's a lot of reasons why it wouldn't happen. I can see him going to Leicester. Everton would be a fantastic option if not for the obvious.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:00 pm

Ox would be a good shout, Jota and Thiago are going to limit his game time massively.

If we can trim some of his wages down that would be a top signing.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:10 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:00 pm
Ox would be a good shout, Jota and Thiago are going to limit his game time massively.

Could potentially be after a move for game time to get back into the England squad for the euros, if and when it happens. I don't think we would be high on the list of potential destinations, but it wouldn't be an unrealistic signing. With us as we are now, it probably would be a loan - perhaps with the option to buy. Although unless you play him deeper in midfield, would struggle to fit him in with Almiron, ASM, Fraser in the three behind Wilson. Although depth isn't the worst thing to have.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:56 pm

CIH wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:10 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:00 pm

Could potentially be after a move for game time to get back into the England squad for the euros, if and when it happens. I don't think we would be high on the list of potential destinations, but it wouldn't be an unrealistic signing. With us as we are now, it probably would be a loan - perhaps with the option to buy. Although unless you play him deeper in midfield, would struggle to fit him in with Almiron, ASM, Fraser in the three behind Wilson. Although depth isn't the worst thing to have.
Ox Hayden
ASM Miggy Fraser
Wislon

<awe> <diva>

Ox playing the box-to-box dynamo role.. he can pass, create, defend and attack so would compliment Hayden nicely and would be more mobile & fluid than Shelvey. If we're playing a different system/formation for tactical purposes he could always play further forward as a CAM or winger.. his versatility would be immense as he's pacey & skillful enough to play on the wings but also technical gifted enough to play in the middle.

Unlikely to happen.. but you can never say never. I wouldn't mind Shaquiri.. but would he suit us? Would he be happy rotating with ASM/Miggy/Fraser and not being a guaranteed starter all the time? The more depth the better but for someone of his wages & status would demand / want to start every week? I wouldn't mind Origi on a loan deal he could cover upfront for Wilson and on the wings for Miggy/ASM. Chambers would be a sensible signing, can cover RB/CB/DM and a solid Premier League standard player. Let Yeds go if he's not going to be included in the 25 man squad. <ok>

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:26 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:56 pm
CIH wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:10 pm

Ox Hayden
ASM Miggy Fraser
Wislon

<awe> <diva>

Ox playing the box-to-box dynamo role.. he can pass, create, defend and attack so would compliment Hayden nicely and would be more mobile & fluid than Shelvey. If we're playing a different system/formation for tactical purposes he could always play further forward as a CAM or winger.. his versatility would be immense as he's pacey & skillful enough to play on the wings but also technical gifted enough to play in the middle.

Unlikely to happen.. but you can never say never. I wouldn't mind Shaquiri.. but would he suit us? Would he be happy rotating with ASM/Miggy/Fraser and not being a guaranteed starter all the time? The more depth the better but for someone of his wages & status would demand / want to start every week? I wouldn't mind Origi on a loan deal he could cover upfront for Wilson and on the wings for Miggy/ASM. Chambers would be a sensible signing, can cover RB/CB/DM and a solid Premier League standard player. Let Yeds go if he's not going to be included in the 25 man squad. <ok>
I'm not for Shaqiri. I'd like Chambers and I'd like Oxlaide-Chamberlain. The Ox supposedly prefers that role next to to Hayden, and that would be the best way to fit him in. I'd be game for that, but not sure if it would be likely. He's not Portuguese enough for Wolves, so he's got Leicester written all over him.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:40 pm

Looks like Yedlin will be off to Besiktas after talking to US coach Berhalter (not me Yedlin) he was close to moving back to MLS but the US coach advised he'd rather him playing in Europe if he could especially with the likes of Sergino Dest currently at Ajax-(may move to Bayern/Barcelona), Reggie Cannon at Boavista and Tyler Adams Leipzig (More of Midfield option but capable at RB) being his main rivals for RB playing at a higher level.
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:49 pm

Yeah the MLS is still a bag of crap so Turkey is far better.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:01 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:49 pm
Yeah the MLS is still a bag of crap so Turkey is far better.
Pretty daming from US coach , I don't think he meant it as an insult to any player currently playing in the MLS. I'd imagine if Yedlin went there are played amazingly he'd still get his chance but obviously the 3 I mentioned above would be at a higher level and younger than Yedlin with room to improve so he'd have a fight on his hands.
I'll Hazard a guess

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:45 am

SpoilerShow
I had the first custom w***

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:55 am

Also linked with Daniele Rugani from Juventus
I'll Hazard a guess

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:12 am

And also linked with Joao Mario from Inter Milan
I'll Hazard a guess