NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:17 am

Dortmund paid £30m for Bellingham so they probably can get £40m.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:58 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:17 am
And then Birmingham retired his shirt <laugh>. One season and single digit goals.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:18 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:58 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:17 am
And then Birmingham retired his shirt <laugh>. One season and single digit goals.
The reason they did that was because the Bellingham could have went for minimal compensation (and a bigger signing on fee), but he purposefully chose the route that would get Brum a fee, possibly saving their finances. It was very selfless
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:39 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:18 am
biggeordiedave wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:58 am

The reason they did that was because the Bellingham could have went for minimal compensation (and a bigger signing on fee), but he purposefully chose the route that would get Brum a fee, possibly saving their finances. It was very selfless
Not all heroes wear capes...

Fair play to him if he did purposefully do that to help the club, that's one of the possible benefits of developing your own players from kids and who actually support the team too - they've got the interests of the club at heart.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:17 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:39 am
Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:18 am

Fair play to him if he did purposefully do that to help the club, that's one of the possible benefits of developing your own players from kids and who actually support the team too - they've got the interests of the club at heart.
I know... just like Matty Longstaff!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:47 am

jpg wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:17 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:39 am

I know... just like Matty Longstaff!
Haha yep, hence my use of the word 'possible' <laugh>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:08 am

For £18m I’d take a punt on Watkins.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:02 pm

Wouldnt be the first striker to score loads in the Championship and flop in the Prem but £18m isn't much these days. I think we need someone with more physical presence myself, watched his goals compilation on Youtube and he seems like a real poacher - lots of tap ins and counter attacks.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:06 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:02 pm
Wouldnt be the first striker to score loads in the Championship and flop in the Prem but £18m isn't much these days. I think we need someone with more physical presence myself, watched his goals compilation on Youtube and he seems like a real poacher - lots of tap ins and counter attacks.
Shame Mitrovic got promoted <laugh> I've a feeling there won't be a lot of takers for him at prem level. 18m wasn't much, but with the financial uncertainty from covid, I don't think it represents a bargain. Especially with the record of similar strikers coming up from the championship, as you say. I could be wrong, but I think the odds would say he's another Gayle, Danny Graham, whomever else.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:09 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:02 pm
Counter attacks is perfect considering our only tactic is to camp in our box and then let ASM and Miggy run with it.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:10 pm

CIH wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:51 pm
krully wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:27 pm

Wolves are the more hipster team, it costs quite a bit to look hipster. Brentford are more grunge than anything else, perhaps underground western indie?
Is there a Jazz team?
Utah <ok>

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:13 pm

Che Adams another, only 4 PL goals this season. There's also plenty of good strikers likely to be available - Wilson, King, Pukki (not sure how good he is tbf), Batschuayi, not to mention those out of contract who I haven't looked up. Could spark a real transfer merry go round. The sad thing about Mitrovic is when we sold him and got Rondon in we clearly had improved as a team but Rondon is now gone and Mitrovic is a) good enough to start ahead of Joelinton and Gayle and b) the sort of striker we need.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:24 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:13 pm
Che Adams another, only 4 PL goals this season. There's also plenty of good strikers likely to be available - Wilson, King, Pukki (not sure how good he is tbf), Batschuayi, not to mention those out of contract who I haven't looked up. Could spark a real transfer merry go round. The sad thing about Mitrovic is when we sold him and got Rondon in we clearly had improved as a team but Rondon is now gone and Mitrovic is a) good enough to start ahead of Joelinton and Gayle and b) the sort of striker we need.
Big fan of Mitro, but even I'm realistic to know it wouldn't happen, probably not even if Fulham stayed down. Rondon was definitely a better option with the way Benitez played (i.e. without Mitrovic) but now all of them are gone, and it's another year being a Newcastle fan. I've said it a few times, as have others, but Wilson seems like the most logical target of all of them. Will probably have his pick of clubs, at our level, though. We seem to be linked to King a lot more than Wilson, but I feel King is more of a wide forward than the number 9 we are crying out for.

Another one to add to that relegated list would be Troy Deeney. I don't think he's the answer to our issues, although he's a character (bit of a nob) a decent player, and will likely get a prem move. He's not that old (cheeky bastard <awe>) and would improve a lot of teams - just don't particularly think he'd be a huge upgrade on Gayle for us. Oddly, a logical move for all parties could be Spurs. Solid backup to Kane, he get's a big pay packet and probably doesn't have to move. Would likely be their Europa striker as well, so still get a decent amount of games.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:40 pm

CIH wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:24 pm
Captain Obvious wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:13 pm
Big fan of Mitro, but even I'm realistic to know it wouldn't happen, probably not even if Fulham stayed down. Rondon was definitely a better option with the way Benitez played (i.e. without Mitrovic) but now all of them are gone, and it's another year being a Newcastle fan. I've said it a few times, as have others, but Wilson seems like the most logical target of all of them. Will probably have his pick of clubs, at our level, though. We seem to be linked to King a lot more than Wilson, but I feel King is more of a wide forward than the number 9 we are crying out for.

Another one to add to that relegated list would be Troy Deeney. I don't think he's the answer to our issues, although he's a character (bit of a nob) a decent player, and will likely get a prem move. He's not that old (cheeky bastard <awe>) and would improve a lot of teams - just don't particularly think he'd be a huge upgrade on Gayle for us. Oddly, a logical move for all parties could be Spurs. Solid backup to Kane, he get's a big pay packet and probably doesn't have to move. Would likely be their Europa striker as well, so still get a decent amount of games.
I'm not sure at age 32 he's going to get a last big payday. At this point in his career, and what Watford means to him, I kinda see him finishing out his career there if they want him.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:42 pm

I like Troy Deeney and he's in the Rondon mould physically (lump, tough to move) but haven't his legs completely gone?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:31 pm

Oh gods yes, I think he'd be happy to stay at Watford, he is the man and mountain for that club. I don't see him going to us or Palace or West Ham, or that kind of club, I think he'd only ever be the main man at Watford. But at this stage of his career, if a club like Spurs, (or wolves?) would give him the money and a relatively decent amount of games, I'm sure it could be tempting?

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:55 pm

CIH wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:31 pm
Oh gods yes, I think he'd be happy to stay at Watford, he is the man and mountain for that club. I don't see him going to us or Palace or West Ham, or that kind of club, I think he'd only ever be the main man at Watford. But at this stage of his career, if a club like Spurs, (or wolves?) would give him the money and a relatively decent amount of games, I'm sure it could be tempting?
I imagine those two clubs would be the most tempting as he will already be living within a reasonable distance to play for Spurs and Wolves is closer to where he grew up. As a 32 year old player with a young family, uprooting and moving to Newcastle towards the end of your career probably wouldn't be the smartest move unless the money was ridiculous...which it wouldn't be.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:59 pm

CIH wrote:
I'm sure that'd be tempting, but I can't imagine either of them being interested in him. That's why I don't see him leaving, nobody is going to want him more than Watford, nor is any club a real step up going to want him at this stage of his career.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:38 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:59 pm
CIH wrote:
I'm sure that'd be tempting, but I can't imagine either of them being interested in him. That's why I don't see him leaving, nobody is going to want him more than Watford, nor is any club a real step up going to want him at this stage of his career.
I think he'd be a logical signing for Spurs, obviously price dependent. Would be a good option when Kane can't play, and a fine Europa striker. 32, one year on his contract, relegated club. Wouldn't be a massive price, surely?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:39 pm

Im sure Deeney said he had played his last game for Watford