NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by CIH » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:16 am

Being linked with McGinn and Cantwell. Both be good signings. Apparently Bruce has earmarked McGinn as the second priority after bringing rose in on a permanent. Bleeding hope not. Rose is s****.

lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc

Post by lassassinblanc » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:20 am

Concur Sanchino football can be a tough life. Yes they're well paid but majority of time you're travelling and don't see your family so it's very tough.

As the article yes a lot of footballers who move clubs don't always bring their family with them, for obvious reasons such as uprooting kids from school etc.

A lot of people forget that sometimes that footballers are people too with personal lives.

As someone who retired from football early myself (mostly due to injury + I'll add not anywhere close to Schurle level ) I know this wouldn't have been an easy decision for him.

I wish him the best
<ayo>

lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc

Post by lassassinblanc » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:54 pm

I'd say that is Bournemouth down now if I was in anyway in charge of recruitment I'd be asking about Callum Wilson
<ayo>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:00 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:54 pm
I'd say that is Bournemouth down now if I was in anyway in charge of recruitment I'd be asking about Callum Wilson
Gayle could be a useful p/ex there.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc

Post by lassassinblanc » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:06 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:00 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Gayle could be a useful p/ex there.
Perhaps
<ayo>

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:06 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Agreed. Also we should have a look at David Brooks who's a technically gifted all round midfielder and Ryan Fraser(free agent) who's speedy and would be good competition/cover for Miggy/ASM. Wouldn't mind Joshua King either who can upfront but also comfortable on the wings. <ok>

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by CIH » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:26 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:06 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Agreed. Also we should have a look at David Brooks who's a technically gifted all round midfielder and Ryan Fraser(free agent) who's speedy and would be good competition/cover for Miggy/ASM. Wouldn't mind Joshua King either who can upfront but also comfortable on the wings. <ok>
Let's just clean house and go for Ake and Ramsdale as well <laugh> I'm being flippant though, all those players mentioned would improve us. Brooks and Wilson would definitely be great additions. I feel like Fraser is getting a bit big for his boots, would probably want a top 4/6 club.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:49 am

If Bournemouth or Villa win their last game (or one of their last 2 in Villa’s case) then they stay up imo. That would put them level on points with Watford as they’ll lose their last 2 games heavily and go down on GD if either of those 2 can win a game.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:41 am

Saw on Twitter that on this day in 2004 we signed Kluivert from Barcelona. Can't believe he was only 28 when we got him, I thought he was in his 30s looking back, his career declined pretty quickly but did alright for us for a year. Seem to recall he wanted to play alongside Bellamy more but Shearer was still on the scene so never really happened much.

Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:07 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:41 am
Saw on Twitter that on this day in 2004 we signed Kluivert from Barcelona. Can't believe he was only 28 when we got him, I thought he was in his 30s looking back, his career declined pretty quickly but did alright for us for a year. Seem to recall he wanted to play alongside Bellamy more but Shearer was still on the scene so never really happened much.
I couldn't believe it when we signed him, was my favourite player behind Shearer and Ronaldo back in the day. It's weird how he was seen as a bit of a flop, I thought he did pretty well and was gutted he didn't stay longer, it was weird back then, it seemed like you needed to bang in 20-30 goals to get recognition in the PL, these days 10-15 and its seen has a successful season

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:23 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:07 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
I couldn't believe it when we signed him, was my favourite player behind Shearer and Ronaldo back in the day. It's weird how he was seen as a bit of a flop, I thought he did pretty well and was gutted he didn't stay longer, it was weird back then, it seemed like you needed to bang in 20-30 goals to get recognition in the PL, these days 10-15 and its seen has a successful season
Yeah, same. If a new signing from overseas got 10-15 goals in their first season nowadays they'd definitely be seen as having done pretty well.

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by CIH » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:26 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:07 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
I think teams are less reliant on one striker to do the business these days, you have more 'forward' players and midfielders that chip in a few, especially with the bigger teams that can afford that kind of quality. I know some teams do still have the proper blockbuster number 9 that carries the team at times (Vardy, Ings, Kane to a lesser extent) but it's not often the case anymore. For me the stand out for that kind of successful 9 that properly carried a team to glory would most recently be Van Persie when he went Man U. A transfer that essentially won them their last title for a long long while on it's own. It's a great thing that the league is more competitive. I'd wager that even if one of the challenging teams brought in a superstar now, Mbappe or Sancho or whomever, it wouldn't necessarily be a deciding factor in the way RVP was at the time.

Gone a little off piece there, but I didn't follow football when we signed Kluivert and I don't have much to add <awe> As for the actual topic proper, can we sign David Brooks please <parrot>

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:52 am

CIH wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:26 pm
Sanchino wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:06 pm

Let's just clean house and go for Ake and Ramsdale as well <laugh> I'm being flippant though, all those players mentioned would improve us. Brooks and Wilson would definitely be great additions. I feel like Fraser is getting a bit big for his boots, would probably want a top 4/6 club.
Agree. Ake will most likely go to a top 6 side (Man City/United) and Ramsdale would be a good signing if we needed a upcoming young goalie with great potential.. oh yeah we already have one on our books (Woodman) <whistle>

Back to the topic of relegation.. if Watford do go down we should look at Ismaila Sarr but Liverpool are sniffing around so that's us out of the picture, we should have looked at him when he was at Rennes. I'll take Doucoure though he would be a great addition and would give us something different in midfield.. proper box-to-box dynamo who's not only physical and athletic but has a eye for a goal too. Will Hughes would be a class signing, technically very gifted and still only 25 so has his best years ahead of him.

If Villa go down we should obviously look at Grealish (takeover pending)..there winger Trezeguet looks decent with his trickery and pace. We've been rumored with John McGinn who would be a quality signing and another box-to-box dynamo with a eye for a goal.. wasn't it Bruce that signed him from Hibernian?

Relegated teams (potentially) transfers we should look at (realistically)

Bournemouth

Callum Wilson
David Brooks
Joshua King

Waford

Doucoure
Will Hughes

Villa

John McGinn
Trezeguet

If takeover does happen then look at the likes of Fraser, Sarr, Grealish, etc

Any other suggestions..?

lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:26 am

Would agree with the above players.

I also add from Norwich, Todd Cantwell would be a good addition, Emi Buendia would also be a good signing he's impressed me this season (taking away his red card last match) reminds me Ayoze Perez.

In regards to the Kluivert loved him when I was younger being a Barca fan as well was very excited when he signed, I actually had a conversation with one of reps last year about his time at Newcastle. He had a ankle injury(His contract due the injury issue was only 1 year with an option for another if we qualified for Europe which we obviously didn't. ) which troubled him all season.

He had actually signed for Newcastle on the advice of Figo and van Gaal who told him he needed to work with Sir Bobby, obviously we all know what happened to Sir Bobby a few games into the season.
<ayo>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:35 am

I'd take Buendia over Cantwell personally. McGinn would be decent, Grealish only if the takeover happens otherwise no chance. Trezeguet has looked good the last few games but not for most of the season so I don't think he'd be much of an improvement for our squad.

Josh King we've been linked to a fair bit over the last few years so could be something there, Wilson to replace Gayle would be ideal. I think David Brooks will cost a fair whack so again if we don't have the takeover I can't see it happening.

Doucoure definitely, I'm not sold on Will Hughes - good player but a bit like Shelvey in that he has a good game then seems to vanish for a while.

lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:16 pm

One thing I'd be interested to know is what peoples thoughts are on the potential permanent signings of the loan players.

Of the 3 I'd say Lazaro has probably impressed me the most even though he hasn't played that much and has been limited to subs appearances though I still think the €25m fee muted would be best spent elsewhere.

In terms of Bentaleb I don't think we've seen the best of him tbh, be it that he came into the team having not played much then lockdown put his progress in terms of momentum back again, I think the muted fee for him is €9m which wouldn't be the worse fee if he came in and was to have a full pre-season behind him, plus it gives a little sell-on potential too.

As for Rose we obviously need left backs I think he has done OK, he hasn't set the world alight but I can't remember any moment of total dismay from his performances (as in i don't remember him playing worse then anyone else did in a bad game). I don't think there is an agreed fee for him but I don't think he has much future at Spurs though so I think he might be one we may ask the question about, as again given a proper pre-season I think we'd see the best of him though age wise he wouldn't offer much sell-on potential.

Even though he isn't with us I'd also throw Jetro Willems into the mix, I think he done well for us and I know we had the option for permanence with him too not sure if that is still an option but I think had he stayed fit most would agree he would have been high up on the wanted list.
<ayo>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:33 pm

Willems over Rose any day for me, Bentaleb for €9m is nothing so I’d say yes. Bruce doesn’t seem to like Lazaro so can’t see it happening.

lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:42 pm

I'd say if the fee for Lazaro was around 10-15m then I'd go for him, offers cover for the whole right hand side and I'd say would do a capable job on the left too
<ayo>

overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:41 pm

Any player from Forest worth looking at? They're still in the rear view window... I mean Championship.

lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:56 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:41 pm
Any player from Forest worth looking at? They're still in the rear view window... I mean Championship.
Sammy Ameobi

<dotheameobi>
<ayo>