NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:26 pm

Colly wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:11 am
Great news on Hayden, if any of our fans watch him regularly and don't rate him they need their heads examining.
I'm glad we have him, certainly nobody else in the squad can serve as a CDM, and I'll give him credit for improving his tackling and discipline last season. But I still think he needs to improve his passing a lot - the number of easy passes he flubs limits his contributions right now, and the best CDMs nowadays have that in their locker too.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:20 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:21 pm
Sanchino wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:58 pm

Wouldn't make sense though.. we already have too many CM's unless we selling Hayden/Shelvey I don't see how would a) spend that much on 1 player b) a position that's not a priority right now and c) Isn't 35 mil our spending budget? We already spent 20 and 15 on Wilson & Lewis respectively.. with Fraser & Hendrick on a free. We need a back-up/someone to compliment Wilson up top & a CB to replace the outgoing Lejune. Both of them will either be freebies/cheapies or loan deals. I can't see us spending any more now.. hope I'm wrong though. <diva> :bandit:
I'd argue we've been in need of a better starting CM for more than 5 years now. Until we have a better central midfield, we'll be playing on the backfoot with the opposing team dictating play. I'm fine with our current 5 options as depth, but none of them are good enough that they can't be improved upon.
True that's a good point. <applause>

Blue & Maroon
Final Nail
Final Nail

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:15 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:21 pm
Sanchino wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:58 pm

Wouldn't make sense though.. we already have too many CM's unless we selling Hayden/Shelvey I don't see how would a) spend that much on 1 player b) a position that's not a priority right now and c) Isn't 35 mil our spending budget? We already spent 20 and 15 on Wilson & Lewis respectively.. with Fraser & Hendrick on a free. We need a back-up/someone to compliment Wilson up top & a CB to replace the outgoing Lejune. Both of them will either be freebies/cheapies or loan deals. I can't see us spending any more now.. hope I'm wrong though. <diva> :bandit:
I'd argue we've been in need of a better starting CM for more than 5 years now. Until we have a better central midfield, we'll be playing on the backfoot with the opposing team dictating play. I'm fine with our current 5 options as depth, but none of them are good enough that they can't be improved upon.
Agree 100%

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:18 pm

Muto apparently off to Eiber (La Liga mid table side) on a season long loan. Good luck to him. Never really got a chance here.. hope he gets some games & goals under his belt after all these years of rarely playing. <ok>

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:37 pm

Most of the strikers we sell that haven’t scored for us go on to get loads....

Colly
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Colly » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:07 pm

That's usually because the teams we sell them to actually play them, and occasionally pass them the ball in the final third.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:10 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:37 pm
I’d say loads is pushing it. De Jong had a good end to the season with Sevilla but not exactly prolific, Rivière is still s**** as far as I can remember. Joselu started last season will but without checking I don’t think he scored that many. Armstrong has done well at championship level but he’s nowhere near the goal scoring levels of someone like Gayle when he’s at that level. I think the issue is more that we sign average / crap strikers tbh. Muto will never / has never scored loads, hence why we got him rather than a club further up the pecking order.

If you look at Perez he’s arguably less productive at Leicester than he was with us. Again, I’ve not checked the stats but he doesn’t seem to score or assist with any regularity there.

People like Toney you can’t really judge as he was only proven at League One level.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:19 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:10 pm
Captain Obvious wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:37 pm
I’d say loads is pushing it. De Jong had a good end to the season with Sevilla but not exactly prolific, Rivière is still s**** as far as I can remember. Joselu started last season will but without checking I don’t think he scored that many. Armstrong has done well at championship level but he’s nowhere near the goal scoring levels of someone like Gayle when he’s at that level. I think the issue is more that we sign average / crap strikers tbh. Muto will never / has never scored loads, hence why we got him rather than a club further up the pecking order.

If you look at Perez he’s arguably less productive at Leicester than he was with us. Again, I’ve not checked the stats but he doesn’t seem to score or assist with any regularity there.

People like Toney you can’t really judge as he was only proven at League One level.
Mitro has done all right :bandit:

WillNewcastle

Post by WillNewcastle » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:31 pm

Jon Dahl Tomasson went on to do well as well and won the champions league.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:28 pm

ALF wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:19 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:10 pm

Mitro has done all right :bandit:
Forgot about him <laugh>

Still not proven himself at PL level.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:24 am

Muto on his way to Eibar on season long loan
<ayo>
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:50 am

Yeah was never going to feature for us.

We've freed up to squad places with Lejeune and Muto off for the season so wonder if there's one more incoming before the window closes.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:06 am

Sounds like Bruce has named 5 players who wont be in the squad - Aarons, Atsu, Lazaar, Muto and Saivet. Presume Barlaser is up for loan too.

In terms of squad - with Lejeune gone - if we get a CB in and a ST in on loan and leave Gayle out of the 25 then we need to free up one more person from the squad - I suppose you'd either say Murphy on loan or Yedlin/Krath as we probably don't need 3 RBs. If we don't get two players I suppose you'd be looking for Krath to cover as CB.

lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:57 am

Captain Obvious wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:06 am
Sounds like Bruce has named 5 players who wont be in the squad - Aarons, Atsu, Lazaar, Muto and Saivet. Presume Barlaser is up for loan too.

In terms of squad - with Lejeune gone - if we get a CB in and a ST in on loan and leave Gayle out of the 25 then we need to free up one more person from the squad - I suppose you'd either say Murphy on loan or Yedlin/Krath as we probably don't need 3 RBs. If we don't get two players I suppose you'd be looking for Krath to cover as CB.
That's exactly what I think will happen if we don't get someone in alright.

CB options of Lascelles, Fede, Clark, Schar, Dummett, Krafth is decent enough.

As said before will be interesting to see what happens with Schar of course but he seems to be back training so he'll probably be back sooner then expected. though I think he's one of those defenders I'd put into the David Luiz category as in he looks brilliant in a back 3 but put him in a 2 and he looks very suspect.
<ayo>
I'll Hazard a guess

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:01 am

Would prefer someone in on loan and then say to Yedlin or Krath, off you go. But then could easily see Bruce keeping both in and getting rid of Murphy, esp if we get a striker on loan who can cover the wing.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:36 pm

Wonder if Murphy will start v Blackburn? If he doesn't then you'd think he might be on his way out on loan again which I think will be a shame. Didn't Bruce manage him briefly at Sheffield Wednesday? I'd give him a squad place as a make or break type season.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:28 pm

If we don't use Murphy this season then we may as well cut our losses and get rid. It's not like he's a kid either, he's 25. He should be an established player in the squad by now. Rumours are that Rangers are after him. I think that would be a great move for him.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:43 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:28 pm
If we don't use Murphy this season then we may as well cut our losses and get rid. It's not like he's a kid either, he's 25. He should be an established player in the squad by now. Rumours are that Rangers are after him. I think that would be a great move for him.
This. I rather have him as a winger to back-up for ASM/Miggy than Atsu but that's not saying much. Murphy reminds me a bit like Scott Sinclair who excelled at Championship level and SPL level were he scored like 20+ goals at Celtic one season and looked like Henry in his prime.. just goes to show the level of quality in the Scottish Premier League <run> :bandit: but at Premier League level apart from the season were Swansea did well and he got his move to Man City, at Villa he didn't do much and had fitness/injury issues.

My point is.. Murphy would do well up there with Gerrard coaching him and helping him to develop his overall game. He'll probably look like Henry in his prime too with the standard of defending in that league <laugh>

But yeah if he isn't going to be in match day squads and if we don't see a future for him just sell him and get a striker/winger on loan who can cover both positions? Get rid of Saviet, Aarons, Lazar, Atsu, etc.. all the deadwood must go even if we terminate contracts and let them go on freebies better than letting them rot in the reserves <ok>

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by CIH » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:56 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:43 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
This. I rather have him as a winger to back-up for ASM/Miggy than Atsu but that's not saying much. Murphy reminds me a bit like Scott Sinclair who excelled at Championship level and SPL level were he scored like 20+ goals at Celtic one season and looked like Henry in his prime.. just goes to show the level of quality in the Scottish Premier League <run> :bandit: but at Premier League level apart from the season were Swansea did well and he got his move to Man City, at Villa he didn't do much and had fitness/injury issues.

My point is.. Murphy would do well up there with Gerrard coaching him and helping him to develop his overall game. He'll probably look like Henry in his prime too with the standard of defending in that league <laugh>

But yeah if he isn't going to be in match day squads and if we don't see a future for him just sell him and get a striker/winger on loan who can cover both positions? Get rid of Saviet, Aarons, Lazar, Atsu, etc.. all the deadwood must go even if we terminate contracts and let them go on freebies better than letting them rot in the reserves <ok>

Apparently we offered a termination to Lazaar and Aarons but they refused it. I imagine it was some kind of reduced compensation package. As for Murphy, I think we should keep him as a rotation option. When it comes to squad registration rules, as someone said, we don't need three rightbacks - although you never know with our injury history. I'd try and flog Yedlin, even send him on loan to the champo.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:56 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:43 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:

It must be at least slightly uplifting for a player to play for Rangers or Celtic as you know you're going to be comfortably at the top of the table, you'll get a few European matches and chances are you'll win something. Fair enough, lifting the f***ing Tunnock's Teacake Trophy or whatever it's called might not be the same as winning the FA Cup, but it must be a confidence booster. I'm not sure how much it does for your overall game, but if I was a player struggling to get into a PL side and had the choice between Celtic/Rangers or somewhere like Derby or Sheffield Wednesday, I'd be heading to Glasgow!

Edit: I'm getting my cups mixed up. I'm thinking of the Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup which is for teams below SPL level and randomly includes two guest teams from the rest of the UK.
Kindly deeds done for free!