Soundtracks from cartoons

Lord Porpington
Banned
Banned

Soundtracks from cartoons

Post by Lord Porpington » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:32 am

I remember a time when cartoons actually had substance to them. A lot of the cartoon movies and series I used to watch would make me cringe, but a lot of them are kind of cool to still watch.

As an adult you can appreciate the effort that a lot of movies took in all departments, including the writing of the soundtracks -

The song above is very written. I like the idea of how people have always made to battle between their virtue or their natural human desires.

Love this song. Such a brilliant atmosphere it creates. I hate religion, but I love religious mythology and what is inspires in art and literature.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Re: Soundtracks from cartoons

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:57 pm

The jungle book springs to mind, really intelligent use of jazz when it was still new and contraversial

Of course the The Sorcerers Apprentice from Fanstasia is also simply stunning

I've posted this on another thread but Belleville De Rendevous has tremendous use of music
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:32 pm

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:02 pm

Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:The jungle book springs to mind, really intelligent use of jazz when it was still new and contraversial
I was actually surprised to find out that the Jungle Book was made in the sixties, when Jazz was actually a good forty, fifty or so years old and reaching the end of its popular era. It actually seems a shame that they didn't do something brave with the soundtrack when one thinks about it <scratch>.

I really like the music written to Ub Iwerks cartoons, like the original Silly Symphonies, which were pretty good boundary pushers for their time: the detailed synchronisation of the music to some pretty complex animation (for the twenties) can still raise a brow today, I think. Bimbo's Initiation and Minnie The Moocher deserve applause for similar reasons.

While I'm here I'll shove in this related video because its reasonably weird and the song is cool:

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:19 pm

<****> He has returned, just like the prophecy foretold
REQUIEM

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:02 pm