Tribute to B.B. King - A Legend

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Tribute to B.B. King - A Legend

Post by overseasTOON » Fri May 15, 2015 12:02 pm

A lot of my earliest memories always involve hearing BB King playing in my house and in some respects I feel like I've grown up with him.

My mum was a massive fan of his and even went down to London without permission for his ‘Night at the BBC’ concert in the early 70’s much to the consternation of my gran who thought it was ‘devil music’.

A few years later I was born and as soon as we moved to the States (I was about 2 years old) she went to a record store and bought everything she could of his. Be it albums, singles, obscure recordings; she’d find it and play them all the time.

There is a family movie of me eating pancakes and bopping around in my high chair to ‘Let the Good Times Roll’. My brother and I were immortalised dancing in the lounge to loads of his tracks.

My daughter has also grown up with BB King, Muddy Waters, Fats Domino etc and one moment about six years ago I wished my mother was still around to see was miniOT bopping about in her high chair, eating pancakes and having a damned fine time to BB King.

BB King was a true master of his profession and regarded quite rightly as one of the best guitarists in the world. His influence on music culture is irrefutable and today the world is a sadder place without him but he’s left a legacy.
Hey everybody, let's have some fun
You only live but once, and when you're dead you're done
So let the good times roll, let the good times roll
Don't care if you're young or old, get together let the good times roll

Thank you for all the music and associated memories BB King.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Re: Tribute to B.B. King - A Legend

Post by Ramone » Fri May 15, 2015 12:12 pm

He was a real talent and a massive inspiration
REQUIEM