Vučkić's Video Shop

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Vučkić's Video Shop

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:47 pm

Season two is crap. Didn’t see season 3.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:36 pm

Not the answer I was looking for BB <neg>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:24 am

<laugh>

I was disappointed as season 1 was excellent.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:56 pm

I’m persevering anyway. I’ll let you know if it gets good <roll>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:49 pm

Anyone watching WandaVision?

So far I've found it very underwhelming, its taken 4 episodes just to set up the story and its practically at the half way mark for the full season. They've spent far too much time dicking around paying homage to old American sitcoms.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:28 am

I've been trying out The Mandalorian, but haven't found what the hype is about just yet. I'm up to Season 1 Episode 6 - which is probably the best of what I've seen so far - does it get better, or just more of the same?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:42 am

My 10 year old nephew loves it.

I’ve never gotten into anything Star Wars related.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:12 pm

Cal wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:28 am
I've been trying out The Mandalorian, but haven't found what the hype is about just yet. I'm up to Season 1 Episode 6 - which is probably the best of what I've seen so far - does it get better, or just more of the same?
A bit of both. It continues with the random travelling every episode, but it gets better imo. Both seasons build towards a big season finale.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:26 am

Finished watching Zoo on Netflix, wasn't bad. Season 1 was decent, Season 2 also (though it starts to get a bit far fetched), wasn't impressed with the first few episodes of Season 3 but it got better as it went.

Watched the first 2 episodes of Vigil on iPlayer last night (police detective is sent to investigate a murder on a trident sub) and enjoyed it. Worth a watch, got episode 3 to watch tonight.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:19 am

Just seen the announcement that there is a reboot of Babylon 5 in the works, with JMS in full control. Not gonna lie I am super hyped about this!

If he can recreate the magic of his storytelling combined with 2021 levels of cgi technology then this could be amazing. Fingers crossed it happens and is given the time to tell the full story, just as in the original ground-breaking show.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:40 pm

My wife is watching Suits on Netflix which means I have to bloody watch it as well and I've found out that there is 9 seasons of this crap.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:21 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:40 pm
My wife is watching Suits on Netflix which means I have to bloody watch it as well and I've found out that there is 9 seasons of this crap.
Haven't seen a full episode, 5 minutes was enough for me to relegate that show to the not in my lifetime pile. Maybe you should find yourself and equally long running show that you want to watch with her that you know she will hate. A few episodes in you may either agree to watch your shows separately or to agree on a different one that you can both live with?

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:30 pm

Bad Sport on Netflix. Very interesting sports documentary series with great recordings and interviews.

Ted Lasso on Apple TV. Feel good 30 minute episodes that will raise a smile.

Winter is here, roll on more great tele.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:56 pm

Just seen the new Bond.
SpoilerShow
Excellent, and can’t believe they’ve actually killed off James Bond! Of course the 007 role can continue, but to actually kill James Bond is huge. Craig would have been a very hard act to follow after 15 years of playing the role brilliantly.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:07 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:56 pm
Just seen the new Bond.
SpoilerShow
Excellent, and can’t believe they’ve actually killed off James Bond! Of course the 007 role can continue, but to actually kill James Bond is huge. Craig would have been a very hard act to follow after 15 years of playing the role brilliantly.
SpoilerShow
Presumably it will still be James Bond whenever they get going again - the next 'franchise' or whatever will just either be before this story or they'll somehow be like oh he actually just survived by some miracle. It kind of doesn't really matter - the Craig films were their own tale from start to finish away from the books. I'd imagine the next people will look to do similar, and at some point they'll start remaking the classics too I guess.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:12 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:07 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:56 pm
Just seen the new Bond.
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Presumably it will still be James Bond whenever they get going again - the next 'franchise' or whatever will just either be before this story or they'll somehow be like oh he actually just survived by some miracle. It kind of doesn't really matter - the Craig films were their own tale from start to finish away from the books. I'd imagine the next people will look to do similar, and at some point they'll start remaking the classics too I guess.
SpoilerShow
Yeah it's not beyond the realms of possibility that hey presto, he miraculously survives. Would be a bit strange if they started making films set before this one, but possible. Definitely wouldn't be surprised if they remake some of the classics as that's what seems to be the done thing nowadays <urgh>

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:08 am

Just read an article praising house of Gucci, again. It. Is. f***ing. Awful. Hammy acting, appalling accents, utterly unlikeable characters… I can’t believe it’s got such a positive reception. The worst film I have seen in ages.
I had the first custom w***

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:10 am

Speedo wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:08 am
Just read an article praising house of Gucci, again. It. Is. f***ing. Awful. Hammy acting, appalling accents, utterly unlikeable characters… I can’t believe it’s got such a positive reception. The worst film I have seen in ages.
Won’t be rushing to see that one then!

My gf hired Dune over Xmas - boring as hell.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:35 pm

I absolutely loved Dune! Cannot wait for the next one

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:53 pm

yeh me 2 loved did books a gd due 2. i love lynch and his version wasnt as bad as is made out but yehnliked this a lot, obvs director has lots of promise 2, his early wk is special too on obvs much smaller scale