The Star Trek Thread

Post by Albert's Chip Shop » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:26 am

Anyone in here a fan?
Which is you favourite series?

Mine is The Next Generation because...

-Data Rocks
-Q is the daddy
- Picard is the best captain ever
Originally Posted by Somebodys pinched my sombrero......
Later in the interview, Santon confirmed that, indeed, he has never seen a mackem in Milan

nufc4life wrote:
They do have there own BRAND as I put it ha ah ha , let's put it this way I didn't lick her gash just emptied my sack and made my excuses ha ha

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Re: The Star Trek Thread

Post by skalpel » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:46 am

Such a weird one really. I went for 20 odd years saying Star Trek is the worst thing on television. Then I watched an episode called 'The Inner Light' on The Next Generation and my mind was blown. What an amazing episode that was. Ended up watching the whole series and seasons 3 - 6 are littered with similar incredible episodes. Patrick Stewart is brilliant too.

I think the science fiction thing was tough for me to sidestep, but when I took the show on it's own merit I could see it for the brilliant 18th century sailing allegory that it was.

Shame the movies are disgraceful though, not even close to being as good as the show.

Albert's Chip Shop
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Albert's Chip Shop » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:47 am

Agree. My favourite episode was probably the end one (2 parter) called all good things.... A great way to end the journey. stewart added class to the role after Kirk's campness...
Later in the interview, Santon confirmed that, indeed, he has never seen a mackem in Milan

nufc4life wrote:
They do have there own BRAND as I put it ha ah ha , let's put it this way I didn't lick her gash just emptied my sack and made my excuses ha ha

Hatem Is A Geordie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hatem Is A Geordie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:38 pm

I got the box set for xmas form my dad, must watch all of them at one point.

Albert's Chip Shop
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Albert's Chip Shop » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:13 pm

After encounter at farpoint you will be hooked

nufc4life wrote:

Albert's Chip Shop
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Albert's Chip Shop » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:14 pm

Ceck out Dianna Troy's babs too (Brit actress Marina Sirtis)

nufc4life wrote:

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:16 pm

Never watched an episode of Star Trek, despite loving science fiction... <wah> If I ever catch up on all the other stuff I intend to watch, where's best to start?

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:31 pm

Cal wrote:Never watched an episode of Star Trek, despite loving science fiction... <wah> If I ever catch up on all the other stuff I intend to watch, where's best to start?
I'd say go for The Next Generation. But the first 2 seasons were pretty bad, it suddenly starts getting rapidly better from somewhere within season 3 onwards until it becomes brilliant. So I'd suggest starting with season 3 of The Next Generation and giving it a little time to pick up pace properly.

I've tried watching the other Star Treks and none of them appealed to me like that series did; the first one is extremely camp (basically what 1960s Batman is to Batman), Deep Space 9 is pretty good but has quite a number of poor episodes spreading out the good ones, Voyager was terrible and I didn't bother with the other one.

I also can't stand the Next Generation Films, they have terrible plots and have Patrick Stewart acting totally out of character, so 'd say definitely avoid them.

Albert's Chip Shop
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Albert's Chip Shop » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:16 am

Cal wrote:Never watched an episode of Star Trek, despite loving science fiction... <wah> If I ever catch up on all the other stuff I intend to watch, where's best to start?
I'd start right at the beginning with 'Encounter at farpoint'.
The season DVD's are available for around a tenner now.

nufc4life wrote:

Albert's Chip Shop
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Albert's Chip Shop » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:16 am

That's the first one in the next generation series mind.

nufc4life wrote: