Veteran Poster

Re: Vučkić's Video Shop

Post by Henry Hoover » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:41 pm

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:15 pm

Quite interesting, highlights the rut that Hollywood has fallen into.. or the poor taste of filmgoers?

"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Mifune wrote:
This. Although it was not David Fincher's fault that the 3rd film was crap because it was his very first film as a director (previously just doing adverts and music videos) and the studio did not trust him to let him do anything he wanted to do and the script kept getting changed and it basically just turned out as a mess.

Also Alien is easily the best film out of the franchise.
I read about the interference Fincher had to put up with as well, along with budget cuts meaning the ending had to be downsized greatly. Infact there was so much interference I think Fincher would have been totally justified to ask for an Alan Smithee, although I think they may have stopped giving them out by then!?

And yes I agree Alien is the best of that franchise.
Alan Smithees were stopped in 2000 I think and Alien 3 was some times in the early 90s I believe, so Fincher could of asked for one if he wanted. But I suppose it was his very first film and it was stil a big film so would help his career anyway despite everything the studio did.

Minty Fresh
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Minty Fresh » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:50 pm

I want curly hair wrote:Quite interesting, highlights the rut that Hollywood has fallen into.. or the poor taste of filmgoers?

Pretty much sums up my feelings about movies over the last year <disgrace>

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:56 pm

Watched They Live again last night. I bloody love that film.
REQUIEM

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:56 pm

Minty Fresh wrote:
I want curly hair wrote:Quite interesting, highlights the rut that Hollywood has fallen into.. or the poor taste of filmgoers?

This. Also can anyone think of a recent re-make that got close to matching the original let alone improving on it?

It is why I am increasingly watching the older classics in my collection and ignoring the new s*** coming out of hollywood. You pretty much have to watch a film with subtitles these days to see something original and new!

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:35 pm

I've been recommended to watch Breaking Bad. Has anyone seen it?
"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:40 pm

Ghost Dog arrived today!! I think I'll sit down and watch it tomorrow.
REQUIEM

dls
Fur is Good
Fur is Good

Post by dls » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:36 am

I want curly hair wrote:I've been recommended to watch Breaking Bad. Has anyone seen it?
I've seen the first season and it is absolutely brilliant.

Iksee
Bruno's Bleached Tips

Post by Iksee » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:07 am

Donkey Toon wrote:
Minty Fresh wrote:
This. Also can anyone think of a recent re-make that got close to matching the original let alone improving on it?

It is why I am increasingly watching the older classics in my collection and ignoring the new s*** coming out of hollywood. You pretty much have to watch a film with subtitles these days to see something original and new!
I Spit on Your Grave.

And how come Rise of the Planet of the Apes is labelled as a sequel <scratch>.

This "chart" is too selective plenty of original films are made.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:31 pm

Privet Iksee wrote:
Donkey Toon wrote:

I Spit on Your Grave.

And how come Rise of the Planet of the Apes is labelled as a sequel <scratch>.

This "chart" is too selective plenty of original films are made.
I haven't seen the remake of Spit. It's on my lovefilm list ... so worth a watch then?

Yeah it is tricky to decide whether a film is a sequel or part of a series. It is a remake for sure but to me it is a remake of a film that makes up a series of films rather than a sequal. Like Bond films, LOTR and Harry Potter are continuations of a story or theme and not therefore a sequel.

Whereas Hangover 2 is just a sequel, trying to tell the same story again with minor differences to make some more money.

Iksee
Bruno's Bleached Tips

Post by Iksee » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:43 pm

I just think there are plenty of original films out there they are just not as well known as they are not marketed as much as other films, it's just like you said they are trying to make easy money, but it's easy money because people go to pay to see it.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:47 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:

The Departed was a pretty good re-make. Also if it counts (which in my books it does not) David Fincher's Dragon Tattoo was better in every way than the other version.

Iksee
Bruno's Bleached Tips

Post by Iksee » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:50 pm

Mifune wrote:
Donkey Toon wrote:

The Departed was a pretty good re-make. Also if it counts (which in my books it does not) David Fincher's Dragon Tattoo was better in every way than the other version.
Actually gonna watch that in a few mins, watched the first one a while ago.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:51 pm

Also on the topic of original films that nobody has seen, Come and See is a truly amazing film, it is very harrowing and it pretty much makes any other war film look like a trip to a sweet shop. It is pretty brutal to watch.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:54 pm

Privet Iksee wrote:
Mifune wrote:
Actually gonna watch that in a few mins, watched the first one a while ago.
In my opinion the only thing the first one has on it's side is that it came out first (although David Fincher got the rights to make his film even before the first one was released). In Fincher', Lizbeth Salender is better, it looks and sounds better, and it is better directed.

Iksee
Bruno's Bleached Tips

Post by Iksee » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:02 am

I hope it's in Swenglish

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:05 am

Privet Iksee wrote:I hope it's in Swenglish
One downside to it. It is in English which is ok, but everyone does Swedish accents (which is good) apart from Daniel Craig so he kind of stands out. He is still good in it though so it is forgivable.

dls
Fur is Good
Fur is Good

Post by dls » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:02 am

Mifune wrote:
Donkey Toon wrote:

<wenger>