Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Vučkić's Video Shop

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:42 pm

Sir Bobby wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:52 am
The Hateful 8 is garbage.
<ok>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:41 pm

Apologies if it’s already been discussed but has anyone seen The Handmaids Tale? If not, I can’t recommend it enough, it’s easily up there as the best TV show I’ve binged this year.

Season 1 is on Sky boxsets and I got season 2 from that guy at work that every workplace has - watch it!!
SpoilerShow
For anyone that’s up to date, I’m furious at the ending of season 2.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:15 pm

TBC wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:41 pm
Apologies if it’s already been discussed but has anyone seen The Handmaids Tale? If not, I can’t recommend it enough, it’s easily up there as the best TV show I’ve binged this year.

Season 1 is on Sky boxsets and I got season 2 from that guy at work that every workplace has - watch it!!
SpoilerShow
For anyone that’s up to date, I’m furious at the ending of season 2.
Me too. Stupid f***ing ending, pissed me right off

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:20 am

Saw First Man on Wednesday. Very average, some bits of it look great, but it's pretty self-indulgent and boring for large parts. Definitely wouldn't bother watching it again.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:26 pm

I went to see Venom. Very good

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Lidl » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:23 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:26 pm
It was s**** <laugh> The blob vs blob fight was one of the most visually confusing things I've seen all year.
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:04 pm

FogOnTheRhine wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:23 pm
Micky Quim wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:26 pm
It was s**** <laugh> The blob vs blob fight was one of the most visually confusing things I've seen all year.
It was good! I really enjoyed it, better than the usual Marvel crap

Lidl

Post by Lidl » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:15 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:04 pm
FogOnTheRhine wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:23 pm

Just thought it was really shoddily paced, the jokes fell flat besides some of the chatting between Brock and Venom, and it was weirdly bloodless for a film where people get heads bitten off and various limbs severed. Some of the action bits were fairly entertaining but it just felt like it coasted on nothing for 40 minutes then went 0-100 with no real reasons for certain characters to do certain things. Marvel is getting a bit much but at least the films are mostly pretty cohesive.
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:56 pm

FogOnTheRhine wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:15 pm
Micky Quim wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:04 pm

Just thought it was really shoddily paced, the jokes fell flat besides some of the chatting between Brock and Venom, and it was weirdly bloodless for a film where people get heads bitten off and various limbs severed. Some of the action bits were fairly entertaining but it just felt like it coasted on nothing for 40 minutes then went 0-100 with no real reasons for certain characters to do certain things. Marvel is getting a bit much but at least the films are mostly pretty cohesive.
Each to their own I guess. I had been drinking so maybe I had my beer goggles on <laugh> <cheers>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:11 pm

Went to see Bohemian Rhapsody at the weekend, really enjoyed it, especially the final 20 mins or so where they recreated the Live Aid set. Then spent most of the night watching old Queen videos on YouTube <awe>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri May 17, 2019 1:19 pm

This thread hasn't seen much action lately!

Watched the first episode of Chernobyl on Sky Atlantic, was okay but didn't live up to the hype for me.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sat May 18, 2019 7:59 am

I am enjoying Chernobyl but its not brilliant. I cant see why they keep using Russian phone calls but all the actors are speaking English. Also, why do some of the actors have a bit of a Russian accent but others don't. Its odd

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sat May 18, 2019 8:11 am

Im quite enjoying Klondike. Also Sneaky Pete 3 is on Amazon now. Just finished season 5 of Bosch which was good

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sat May 18, 2019 8:34 am

Bosch is great
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat May 18, 2019 8:39 am

Micky Quim wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:11 am
Im quite enjoying Klondike. Also Sneaky Pete 3 is on Amazon now. Just finished season 5 of Bosch which was good
Love Sneaky Pete! Didn’t know series 3 was out <ok>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat May 18, 2019 8:40 am

Micky Quim wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 7:59 am
I am enjoying Chernobyl but its not brilliant. I cant see why they keep using Russian phone calls but all the actors are speaking English. Also, why do some of the actors have a bit of a Russian accent but others don't. Its odd
Yeah, I didn’t realise so many Mancunians and Yorkshire lads worked at Chernobyl <laugh>

I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I’d have prefer if they kept it authentic and just used subtitles like Das Boot or Narcos.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri May 24, 2019 8:24 am

My wife can't watch more than a single series of anything so I've had to wait to watch the final series of GoT which has become increasingly difficult.

I've been forced to wear headphones constantly on the train in case people talk about it and I overhear a smidgeon of detail. I forgot them one morning and as I stepped onto the train I heard someone mention Jon Snow so I stepped back off and caught the next train.

I went for a pint and was in the beer garden. Two people a table over start talking about GoT so I stick my fingers in my ears; shout "lalalalalala" which made them stop. I picked up my pint and headed off.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri May 24, 2019 8:34 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:24 am
My wife can't watch more than a single series of anything so I've had to wait to watch the final series of GoT which has become increasingly difficult.

I've been forced to wear headphones constantly on the train in case people talk about it and I overhear a smidgeon of detail. I forgot them one morning and as I stepped onto the train I heard someone mention Jon Snow so I stepped back off and caught the next train.

I went for a pint and was in the beer garden. Two people a table over start talking about GoT so I stick my fingers in my ears; shout "lalalalalala" which made them stop. I picked up my pint and headed off.
I get four trains per day, I have headphones in whether i'm listening to something or not as I don't want to be engaged in conversation by some random weirdo!

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Fri May 24, 2019 5:50 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:24 am

Jon Snow marries Dani and they defeat the Lanisters then live happily every after <ok>