The Walking Dead.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Re: The Walking Dead.

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:52 am

They are releasing another spin off series, also Kirkman abruptly ended the comic without warning so after the current TV storyline there is only one more major story left.

It's definitely ran its course, think if they are carrying on they need to reboot it into a darker horror show.

Sammy00
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Sammy00 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:25 am

I am a fan of the Walking Dead and I already knew that I would watch Walking Dead: World Beyond. And in short, I didn't like it. I do not know what audience the series "The Walking Dead: The World Beyond" is intended for, but it is clear that fans of the franchise will rush to watch this suffering teenage drama. I'll watch the sequel, because there were rumors about the appearance of Rick, but I don't really believe in this either.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:52 am

The Walking Dead was good for a few seasons, then it fell of a cliff for me and I gave up.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:07 pm

Ive carried on watching - the last season has actually been pretty good on Disney. I do think Fear The Walking Dead has been better but some episodes are just the same old s****. World Beyond is a shitshow though, I cant see it lasting

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue May 03, 2022 11:54 am

I'm still clinging on to this show, Scott Gimple ran the main show into the ground, stupidly he then got a promotion which was both good and bad for the series, the new show runner definitely improved it, but the fact Gimple was moved upwards and they want an expanded universe it kinda shifted all focus away from the main show and gave them an excuse to be lazy and carry on the loose ends/cliffhanger **** that has dragged the show down imo.

World beyond was ok, not great, again this is a problem with the expanded universe idea, the show didn't have to be great as it's only purpose is going to be to add to something further down the line so the show itself was pretty pointless beyond its job of forcing a future storyline.

Fear is probably level with the main show for me, it was the better show for a while but I think standards slipped and the main shows standards increased.

I'm really worried about the future, I think this obsession with the expanded universe has ruined what should have been a classic TV show. At the moment if feels like we are getting spin offs of the spin offs that haven't even been filmed yet, also recently the actress that played Carol pulled out of her own spin off show with Daryl, and they have also announce a Negan and Maggie spin off. It really is a train wreck ATM. All because of greed and needlessly wanting to prolong the show for an eternity.