The Walking Dead.

PFT
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Re: The Walking Dead.

Post by PFT » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:17 pm

Completely on Negans side. So quick to forget how Ricks group basically murdered an entire outpost of Saviors in their sleep.

f*** Alexandria.
formerly known as Bigi Bigi Bigi Can't You See & IMTE

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:08 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
beardface wrote:Even the finale sucked. God this show is bad now
Yep.

That gunfight in Alexandria was the least credible and badly choreographed I can remember seeing. Loads of people blazing away at each other with all sorts of guns, up to and including assault rifles and hardly anybody getting hit, especially amongst the good guys.

This show has finally completed the journey up its own a**hole. I'm not going to bother with it going forward.
Pretty much where I am too, was going to try and stick it out but I won't be watching the next season.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:05 pm

Was an unexpected return there!

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:06 am

Just got to Season 7, Episode 1.

f*** Negan.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:57 am

Really am just watching this now because I've seen it up to this point. It's pretty s*** really. Hope they end it soon.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:00 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Really am just watching this now because I've seen it up to this point. It's pretty s*** really. Hope they end it soon.
Same. It’s awful and I find myself complaining about how stupid every episode has become. I should just stop watching.. <erk>

8x1 was the 100th (or a similar milestone) episode and the creators speaking on ‘The Talking Dead’ said it’s just the beginning. They’re really going to milk it for as long as they can. <erk>

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:06 pm

beardface wrote:[8x1 was the 100th (or a similar milestone) episode and the creators speaking on ‘The Talking Dead’ said it’s just the beginning. They’re really going to milk it for as long as they can. <erk>
As long as they keep getting favourable ratings they’ll keep churning them out and replacing the cast as they go along, see NCIS, Greys Anatomy etc.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:55 pm

This season has been great so far you whiny cunts <wenger>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:55 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:This season has been great so far you whiny cronuts <wenger>
<laugh>

Erm you sure you're watching the right thing?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:01 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Don Sholeone wrote:This season has been great so far you whiny cronuts <wenger>
<laugh>

Well everyone complained when it was story telling episodes driving the plot and no action, now they are getting stuck into the action people are still moaning. <fist>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:06 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
<laugh>

Well everyone complained when it was story telling episodes driving the plot and no action, now they are getting stuck into the action people are still moaning. <fist>
I recently rewatched some of the early episodes from S1 and it was head and shoulders above what they serve up now.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:08 pm

I honestly preferred last season and it’s boringness to this. It’s become a truly awful show.

You knew throughout the whole of tonight’s episode that none of the main cast were at risk. The walkers were absolutely no threat at all and a crippled Ezekiel was actually somehow escaping them.

The woman whose name I have forgotten.. fighting 5 guys whilst hidden behind a van.. she doesn’t move for about 5 minutes and they just keep firing at the van rather than making any effort to flank. <laugh>

It’s hilariously bad.

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:43 pm

My fav part of this episode? When Carol opened the door with that button. Electricity?

PFT

Post by PFT » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:47 pm

Is it just me or are they using hammy B-movie style CG to replicate the gunshots and ricochets? It's just awful.
formerly known as Bigi Bigi Bigi Can't You See & IMTE

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:46 am

beardface wrote:The woman whose name I have forgotten.. fighting 5 guys whilst hidden behind a van.. she doesn’t move for about 5 minutes and they just keep firing at the van rather than making any effort to flank. <laugh>
This was really bad.

Anyone else hoping for a zombie tiger though? <diva>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:34 am

I'm just hoping that they kill that annoying little rat Karl.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:13 pm

People need to remember this is based on a comic series with an already established story line, complaining about main characters not dying is the same as complaining that Batman hasn't been killed in a Batman movie, characters die for the most part when they die in the comics, there are only a few exceptions to the source material (regarding character deaths) in the actual show. The only person living past their comic lifespan is Carol and Judith, they even killed off one of the comics main characters long before their actual comic death, the person actually died on the show before she was even written out of the comic.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:56 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:People need to remember this is based on a comic series with an already established story line, complaining about main characters not dying is the same as complaining that Batman hasn't been killed in a Batman movie, characters die for the most part when they die in the comics, there are only a few exceptions to the source material (regarding character deaths) in the actual show. The only person living past their comic lifespan is Carol and Judith, they even killed off one of the comics main characters long before their actual comic death, the person actually died on the show before she was even written out of the comic.
Karl not dying is one thing, but it has still turned into an average at best show. As far as I understand it the comic is still going with no plans to end it. Does that mean that the show will just continue to lumber along until the end of time? Being based on a comic doesn't mean that it has to follow an established story line, or continue indefinitely.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:34 pm

Comic books and TV are completely different mediums. What works in one won’t always work in the other.

Don, who is the character who died early in the show?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:07 pm

There was Rick's partner who was also a cop (that got Rick's wife pregnant, probably).