The Walking Dead.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Re: The Walking Dead.

Post by Cal » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:09 am

skalpel wrote:Just skipped the whole thread in case I read any spoilers. I'm about to start watching this, does it matter if I haven't seen any zombie films before? I'm watching this pretty much entirely because I quite like Andrew Lincoln as an actor, is he actually any good as an American cop?
No it doesn't matter. Yeah he does a good job, like most English actors playing Americans for prime time TV they do a better job of it than the natives.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:12 am

skalpel wrote:Just skipped the whole thread in case I read any spoilers. I'm about to start watching this, does it matter if I haven't seen any zombie films before? I'm watching this pretty much entirely because I quite like Andrew Lincoln as an actor, is he actually any good as an American cop?
Yeah he's alright, one of the few characters that is actually interesting for both seasons. Keep in mind that the second series takes a pretty big dip in terms of quality, there's a lot of filler episodes (due to the longer season and lower budget) and the writing's not that great. However you should definitely give the first season a go even if you aren't crazy about zombies.
REQUIEM

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:16 am

Cheers guys <ok>.

ThrillerinAsprilla
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by ThrillerinAsprilla » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:05 pm

Ramone wrote:
Yeah he's alright, one of the few characters that is actually interesting for both seasons. Keep in mind that the second series takes apretty big dip in terms of quality, there's a lot of filler episodes (due to the longer season and lower budget) and the writing's not that great. However you should definitely give the first season a go even if you aren't crazy about zombies.

<mob> <mob> <mob>

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Watched the first two episodes last night and got into it right away <ok>, will be watching more later on. Unsurprisingly AL is great in the lead role, hope he gets more work off the back of this because he's an underrated actor imo.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:18 pm

ThrillerinAsprilla wrote:
Ramone wrote:
Yeah he's alright, one of the few characters that is actually interesting for both seasons. Keep in mind that the second series takes apretty big dip in terms of quality, there's a lot of filler episodes (due to the longer season and lower budget) and the writing's not that great. However you should definitely give the first season a go even if you aren't crazy about zombies.

<mob> <mob> <mob>
Sorry mate but it's pretty much a fact that the second series is s*** compared to the first.
REQUIEM

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:21 pm

The Walking Dead is the only show I like where I actually do not really like any of the characters. <scratch>

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Mifune wrote:The Walking Dead is the only show I like where I actually do not really like any of the characters. <scratch>
Daryl and Rick are the best characters. Glen's pretty good as well.
REQUIEM

Wedge Head Tiote
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Wedge Head Tiote » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:43 pm

Ramone wrote:
Mifune wrote:The Walking Dead is the only show I like where I actually do not really like any of the characters. <scratch>
Daryl and Rick are the best characters. Glen's pretty good as well.
Don't forget T-Dog, the first black guy to ever make it to a third series.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:59 pm

T-Dog is barely even a character at this point. I feel like I don't know anything about him despite him being in the show for a series and a half. He should have died in the last episode.
REQUIEM

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:01 pm

Does he do anything in the comics? Although it is kind of right to have some characters who fade into the background. In a group it's not like every single person is a massive character who always has some form of drama going on around them.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Cal wrote:Does he do anything in the comics? Although it is kind of right to have some characters who fade into the background. In a group it's not like every single person is a massive character who always has some form of drama going on around them.
I don't mean that he should have drama happening around him I just want to understand his character. My 2 problems with the Sofia storyline were that it went on for too long and I didn't care. Sofia barely had any lines for the duration of the series so why should I care what happens to her. If T-Dog were to die I wouldn't give a s*** because he has no character, same goes for Sofia's mam and, to a lesser extent, Andrea.
REQUIEM

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:21 pm

T-Dog isnt in the comics hes exclusive to the tv show, they have wasted him a little he just seems to fill a spot and they have not done any deeper story about him, maybe in season 3 he will have a bigger role, can see him possibly having a storyline with Michonne

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:25 pm

i liked the sofia angle but it did drag on a little, i think it should have started at the middle point of the first half of the season, maybe have a couple of episodes specifically to establish her and work off the friendship with carl, then it would have given a stronger reason for carls "going of the rails" story

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:29 am

Ramone wrote:
ThrillerinAsprilla wrote:

<mob> <mob> <mob>
Sorry mate but it's pretty much a fact that the second series is s*** compared to the first.
I disagree too, which would indicate its more of an opinion than a fact.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:24 pm

Thought I'd stick this here too;

Some gameplay from the first episode of The Walking Dead (adventure game);

[youtube]PpedrOBcYJ4[/youtube]

This is canon and fits in with the comics. It's already out on PSN, PC and Mac, comes out tomorrow on XBLA, and comes to iOS at some point.

dls
Fur is Good
Fur is Good

Post by dls » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:48 pm

I watched all of the first series and absolutely loved it, but then only watched the first 4 episodes of series 2 and completely lost interest in it.

I was really pissed off because I had been looking forward to it for ages.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:57 pm

It's worth sticking with, it starts to get going again in the last few episodes, and next series should definitely be more exciting.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:35 pm

Dr. Lucien Sanchez wrote:I watched all of the first series and absolutely loved it, but then only watched the first 4 episodes of series 2 and completely lost interest in it.

I was really pissed off because I had been looking forward to it for ages.
Pretty much exactly this for me too. I only started it a few weeks ago and loved the first 3 episodes. It started going downhill as season 1 progressed and season 2 was annoying and poorly written so I stopped watching. That episode where they hide under the cars on the road while the zombies walk past was insanely irritating, I had to bite my lips to stop from yelling s*** at the screen <laugh>.

I think I mostly just liked the atmosphere of the first few episodes. When he was alone and free, travelling the continent. When it became more of a 'Lost' type show with a group of survivors all bringing their own cliched personalities in as plot devices, I lost interest.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:42 pm

The worst thing about the second series is ninja zombies that can sneak up on people without making any noise but as soon as the character turns around they start gurgling and moaning.
REQUIEM