Movies that have come closest to making you cry?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Re: Movies that have come closest to making you cry?

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:55 am

Also The Illusionist (2010 animation) made me well up a bit, it's just so melancholy
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:16 pm

Juliet Papa Golf wrote:The Secret Life of Walter Mitty made me feel weird inside
Is that because you realised you wanted to bum Ben Stiller?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:21 pm

Schindler's List got me to sniffling. That's the closest I've come.
I had the first custom w***

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:59 pm

Speedo wrote:Schindler's List got me to sniffling. That's the closest I've come.
Why, are you Jewish or something?

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:32 am

Speedo's not Jewish, is he?

<roll>

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:58 am

Oh, you guys!
I had the first custom w***

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:29 pm

12 Years a Slave <worried> <erk>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:52 am

Sir Bobby wrote:Speedo's not Jewish, is he?

<roll>
Speedo wrote:Oy vey, you guys!
Nah. I don't see any reason to think that.

The Rock Lobster
Is Shit
Is Shit

Post by The Rock Lobster » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:43 am

Bridge to terabithia
SpoilerShow
when the little girl dies
<wah>

Edit: just noticed I posted this about 4 months ago. Still <wah>

I am a penis face who does not spoiler things.
" Samaras is a special player." - A. Iniesta

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:24 am

The end of Super :(.

Dear Zachary when the old woman breaks down, I found it hard just to keep looking at the screen <erk>.

The end of Benjamin Button :(.

In Au Hasard Balthazar when
SpoilerShow
Balthazar dies. :(
The end of Blue is the Warmest Colour :(.

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Lidl » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:59 am

Super <grim> That ending is so bittersweet.
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

Southern Mag
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Southern Mag » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:07 am

Marley & Me <neg>
'He who enlists a man's mind wields a power even greater than the sword or the scepter' - Heilbroner, Robert L.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:30 pm

Southern Mag wrote:Marley & Me <neg>
<wah>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:17 pm

Dark Knight Rises ending had me tearing up
Don't hinder the Trinder

Lidl

Post by Lidl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:26 am

Just watched Mary and Max. The last time I cried this much was my grandpa's funeral 3 years ago.
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:14 am

Mary and Max is just a weird, glum film IMO. Not at all happy but not terribly sad

wolf_the_mag
Pope's Goalposts

Post by wolf_the_mag » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:50 am

There's been quite a few golf ball in the throat moments for me and a few of them have been mentioned in this thread.

When Goose dies in top gun and Maverick goes to see Gooses' wife (Meg Ryan). Deffo a lumper and a cold coming on moment for those trying to see who is gonna cry. <whistle>

Most films with animals in them that you know will die or get hurt. It kills me, so I try to avoid watching those, now.

An officer and a gentleman, when Richard Gere's mate hung himself. That brought a massive lump to my throat.
The champ: Oh man! I cried like a baby over this when I first saw it. That Ricky Schroeder as the kid, he had my throat in bits.

The green mile: When that guard killed the mouse and John Cofee brought it back to life. My god, I'm a right soppy puff. lol

My wife told me about Marley and me and said she sobbed her heart out, so I thought, " ok, that's definitely not one I'll be watching, because I know I'd end up a mess.) It's not so much the tears with me, it's that horrible feeling of the throat ache, like having a tennis ball jammed in it. It wears you out.

Armageddon: I already had the lump in my throat leading up to Bruce Willis detonating the bomb, then the killer bit was when they landed and the Colonel said to Liv Tyler, " may I have permission to shake the hand of the daughter of the bravest man I've ever known." Or something like that. Well! I just cried like a baby and jumped up and ran out of the house screaming into the street, then knelt down in the middle of the road and shouted, "NOOOOOOOOO....WHYYYYYYYYY."
Actually that last bit was made up, but I did have a big lump in my throat. It would be easier to just bawl your eyes out but something inside us blokes, fights that urge and we have to suffer the throat ache. :(

The film that actually made me cry the most and I mean a full on sobbing was the film " don't leave me."
It starts off with a newly wed couple who move into their dream home and are blissfully happy.
The man is a construction worker and the woman is a teacher.
The man goes to work and forgets his lunch box and his wife sees that he's left it, so she drives to his work place, which is a high rise building. She shouts up to him to come and get his lunch box.
He jumps into the lift to go down but the lift cable snaps and it plummets to the ground, killing the man.
The woman is distraught and goes into her shell for weeks, just praying for her husband to come back. She could take it no more and decides to hang herself and sets up the chair and rope around the beam in her home, then gets on the chair, puts the noose around her neck, then grabs a photo of her husband and holds it close to her chest as she goes to kick the chair away.
Just then, a voice comes into her head, like a clear but distant voice and she recognised it as her husband, who said " I am with you, don't leave me, I will be back in your arms, just don't leave me."
The woman gets down from the chair and sits wondering whether she's losing her mind, so she goes to see the local medium, who tells her that she's been waiting for her. The woman asked how she knew and the medium said, " because your husband is waiting for you you have to go back to the building site."
The woman drives to the building site and sees the site manager and tells him that she's been told to come to the site.
The site manager asks her if she's brought her husbands lunch box and she says, "well, no, surely you know what happened."
The site manager looks puzzled and asks her, "no, I don't know what happened - did he forget to pick it up?" She said, " is this some kind of sick game?" and he said, " woooh lady, I'm just enquiring about his lunch box, as your hubby made me ring you to bring it over, that's what I thought you were here for."
The woman looks in her car and sees the lunch box on the seat. It's her husbands lunchbox and it's made her extremely confused, so she grabs it and shouts up to her hubby, believing he's not there.
Sure enough he appears and shouts down, "I'll come and get it,love" and goes to jump into the lift but his wife shouts, "NOOOOO, DO NOT GET IN THAT LIFT, THE CABLE IS WEAK."
The cable gets checked and sure enough, it's badly frayed and would have killed him.
The wife is so relieved, she breaks down crying and realising she must have been transported back in time but as she's thinking this, she gets hit by a big truck that appears from nowhere and is killed, so her husband gets in the lift and plummets to his death and they meet up on a cloud with wings on them but she farts and blows a hole n the cloud and they both fall through, snapping their wings and they both plummet to the ground and were double killed.

Actually that wasn't really a film. I just made it up for no real reason. <cheers>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:26 pm

<laugh>

You have issues Wolf!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

wolf_the_mag
Pope's Goalposts

Post by wolf_the_mag » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:53 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:<laugh>

You have issues Wolf!
Yeah I know. Even nurse Ratchet's agreeing with you. She's stood behind my back with my medication. <desailly>

DDuc
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince

Post by DDuc » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:26 pm

Watched 'About Time' with my girlfriend last night. Started crying right next to her...
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
My Ambition Knows No Bounds
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess