Sherlock (BBC)

Albert's Chip Shop
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Sherlock (BBC)

Post by Albert's Chip Shop » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:09 pm

So how the hell did Holmes end up alive after that fall? I'm still well confused! I get the bit about Watson getting distracted but am puddled!
Originally Posted by Somebodys pinched my sombrero......
Later in the interview, Santon confirmed that, indeed, he has never seen a mackem in Milan

nufc4life wrote:
They do have there own BRAND as I put it ha ah ha , let's put it this way I didn't lick her gash just emptied my sack and made my excuses ha ha

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Re: Sherlock Holmes (BBC)

Post by Cal » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:39 pm

Theory;
SpoilerShow
Holmes ordered Watson to stand exactly where he was so that he couldn't see the second half of the fall (building in the way), Holmes jumps off into passing rubbish truck, mortuary girl (who earlier in episode Holmes goes to for help, admitting he thinks he's going to 'die') puts a similar corpse where he would have landed, homeless network paid by Holmes gather around, one of whom clatters Watson to slow him down and confuse him. Watson isn't aware of the plan because it would ruin any believability and his 'suicide note' call. Sniper is watching Watson's reaction and doesn't see the body dupe.

Albert's Chip Shop
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Albert's Chip Shop » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:25 pm

Someone told me the rubber ball holmes was playing with was key.. In that, if placed under an armpit it cuts out the pulse in the arm
Later in the interview, Santon confirmed that, indeed, he has never seen a mackem in Milan

nufc4life wrote:
They do have there own BRAND as I put it ha ah ha , let's put it this way I didn't lick her gash just emptied my sack and made my excuses ha ha

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:03 pm

Albert's Chip Shop wrote:Someone told me the rubber ball holmes was playing with was key.. In that, if placed under an armpit it cuts out the pulse in the arm
Doesn't stop your skull getting cracked in half.

My thoughts were the same as Cal's, except I don't think there needed to be a corpse, they could just cart Sherlock off alive and get the mortician to pronounce him dead as a favour. I don't get how he could survive the fall in the first place though, him surviving actually spoilt what was otherwise a brilliant episode for me.

Best part of the series was in the first episode when the mortician had brought a present round for him and he'd ripped her to shreds thinking it was for her new boyfriend, then after realising his mistake, wishing her Happy Christmas and giving her a kiss his phone went off with that dodgy text alert. <laugh>

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:08 pm

AbsolutelyGloria wrote:
Albert's Chip Shop wrote:Someone told me the rubber ball holmes was playing with was key.. In that, if placed under an armpit it cuts out the pulse in the arm
Doesn't stop your skull getting cracked in half.

My thoughts were the same as Cal's, except I don't think there needed to be a corpse, they could just cart Sherlock off alive and get the mortician to pronounce him dead as a favour. I don't get how he could survive the fall in the first place though, him surviving actually spoilt what was otherwise a brilliant episode for me.
That's why I want it to be a case of him getting a soft landing and a similar body being put down in his place, dressed as him and sufficiently bloodied that a groggy Watson won't notice in all the commotion.

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alfie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:34 am

This is the best theory I've seen for it

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1475582/boa ... /194062434

also another one on there that Moriarty is alive and the guy from Series 1 & 2 is a fake Moriarty.
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:28 pm

Alfie wrote:This is the best theory I've seen for it

also another one on there that Moriarty is alive and the guy from Series 1 & 2 is a fake Moriarty.
Makes sense, considering the Moffat wanting Sherlock to die in Watson's hands quote, which I hadn't head before.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:04 pm

I like both those theories. From the stories Moriarty is a long term anti-hero it is far too soon to be killing him off so I'm almost certain off the stand in theory. I like the fake death one linked here too, makes sense.

Was really impressed with the first series but the second was the best tv i've seen in absolutely ages. Can't wait for the next series!

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:13 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:

I like both those theories. From the stories Moriarty is a long term anti-hero it is far too soon to be killing him off so I'm almost certain off the stand in theory. I like the fake death one linked here too, makes sense.

Was really impressed with the first series but the second was the best tv i've seen in absolutely ages. Can't wait for the next series!
It could be the case that the actor 'Moriarty' was claiming to be is actually who that was?

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:36 pm

Cal wrote:It could be the case that the actor 'Moriarty' was claiming to be is actually who that was?
Absolutely. It has been a long time since I read the books but I think Moriarty was a stickler for keeping his identity secret, even from Sherlock. Always thought it was fishy that he took no measures to do this in this series. So hired actor sounds good to me!

Albert's Chip Shop
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Albert's Chip Shop » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:53 pm

it's up there with Spooks for me in terms of the suspense....

nufc4life wrote:

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alfie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:25 pm

Unfortunately there is some doubt if they'll do another series, Benedict Cumberbatch is getting into films, he was great in Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy & by this time next year Martin Freeman will be a globally known actor after The Hobbit (he's going to play Bilbo) Pt1 comes out.
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?

Hatem Is A Geordie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hatem Is A Geordie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:48 pm

Albert's Chip Shop wrote:it's up there with Spooks for me in terms of the suspense....
Great. Program.

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alfie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:03 pm

End of Spooks was brilliant, great to see Tom back at the end

Hatem Is A Geordie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hatem Is A Geordie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:04 pm

Alfie wrote:End of Spooks was brilliant, great to see Tom back at the end
Aye, left it so open at the end!

Albert's Chip Shop
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Albert's Chip Shop » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:09 pm

Just loved the 'outside contractor' reference and as soon as I saw the wafting long black coat I knew it was Tom... Full circle and all that.

nufc4life wrote:

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alfie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Albert's Chip Shop wrote:
Just loved the 'outside contractor' reference and as soon as I saw the wafting long black coat I knew it was Tom... Full circle and all that.
I have the same coat <ok>

Would be great to see a Tom series as "outside contractor", he's obviously been up to something in the last 5 years.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:22 pm

I wondered if he would make an appearence while watching it because the place Ruth died was the place where Tom swam off when he left.

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Lidl » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:59 am

Alfie wrote:Unfortunately there is some doubt if they'll do another series, Benedict Cumberbatch is getting into films, he was great in Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy & by this time next year Martin Freeman will be a globally known actor after The Hobbit (he's going to play Bilbo) Pt1 comes out.
I'm pretty sure Cumberbatch said there's a new series. It'd be a shame considering it's pretty much the best thing the BBC have produced in years!
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

Albert's Chip Shop
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Albert's Chip Shop » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:11 am

It said on the BBC that a new series will arrive later in the year

nufc4life wrote: