Star Wars: Episode VII

PFT
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Star Wars: Episode VII

Post by PFT » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:38 pm

New Star Wars teaser. I for one thinks it looks quite good so far.

Dat lightsaber <awe>
formerly known as Bigi Bigi Bigi Can't You See & IMTE

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII Trailer

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Load of s****.
Kindly deeds done for free!

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:58 pm

Needs more lens flare.

Lidl

Post by Lidl » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:21 pm

That lightsaber looked ridiculous, hope they don't let it devolve into Attack of the Clones style fight overload.

Still, at least it doesn't look as horrendously greenscreened as the prequels. I'm still definitely excited for it <divax>
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:40 am

Everything looked ridiculous. <erk>

Star Wars has a huge following, they dont need to invent any new fancy light sabres or weird spherical droids, just keep it at its roots, :(

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:12 pm

Cabella The Redeemer wrote:Everything looked ridiculous. <erk>

Star Wars has a huge following, they dont need to invent any new fancy light sabres or weird spherical droids, just keep it at its roots, :(
You just cant please some people, it was like with the prequels, if you want Han Solo etc then just rewatch the original trilogy!

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:20 pm

The prequel films, especially the first two, count among the worst films ever shown in cinemas worldwide though.

This film won't be as bad as all that, because that's too big an ask, but he's right that the trailer seems to imply more style and less story. I guess it is an entire year away though, and teasers aren't exactly going to reveal much more than a few images.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:28 pm

I thought it looked pretty good actually, with the exception of the lightsaber which looked like it was trying too hard.

Haven't been following the evolution of this series. As it is after the Return of the Jedi i'm assuming it is about the re-awakening or comeback of the Dark Side?

Lidl

Post by Lidl » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:11 pm

If they're great then we have some brilliant Star Wars films, if they're s**** we get some more brilliant Plinkett reviews. Win/win <diva>

B4E
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by B4E » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:35 pm

It looks better than the prequels already tbh. Not the story or the style or anything. Just the way the sections were filmed, looks like it might actually be able to tell a story this time.
RIP

A Pardew In A Pear Tree
Miggy's Smiles

Post by A Pardew In A Pear Tree » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:20 pm

cbrad NUFC wrote:
She died <wah> <rose>

PFT

Post by PFT » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:12 pm

<divadance>
formerly known as Bigi Bigi Bigi Can't You See & IMTE

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:13 am

Amazing!

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:42 am

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:43 pm

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:22 am

Tickets went on sale this morning, managed to nab myself one of the comfy sofas at the back of the Gallery. <awe>

Best part of £50 for two tickets like but so worth it.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:10 pm

TB12 wrote:Tickets went on sale this morning, managed to nab myself one of the comfy sofas at the back of the Gallery. <awe>

SpoilerShow
It's actually just a remake of the first one.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:49 pm

TB12 wrote:
TB12 wrote:Tickets went on sale this morning, managed to nab myself one of the comfy sofas at the back of the Gallery. <awe>

SpoilerShow
<laugh> There's something in that.

I paid £30 for two tickets <awe> At an independent cinema in the middle of London as well! The screen had 5 rows of seats. It was amazing. The Curzon Victoria if anybody's interested.

With regards to the film:
SpoilerShow
Though it was entertaining, and definitely old-school star wars, I was unsatisfied by a couple of things, mostly minor. First, and most seriously, Finn is totally underdeveloped and unexplained as a character. He has apparently been brought up since birth to do murder children and take out trash and then one day he just suddenly becomes a 100% good guy with absolutely no internal conflict. Second, the set up for a lot of the main character introductions (aforementioned Finn, Rey & Finn's meeting) were faintly ridiculous and too "oh my God what a crazy coincidence"-style. However, I loved a lot of stuff - the cinematography, the feel of the whole thing, is authentic star wars. I really don't think Han Solo has actually died... it seems like a crappy way for him to go, if so. He hadn't really done much beforehand (by Han Solo standards).
I had the first custom w***

Lidl

Post by Lidl » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:18 pm

Speedo wrote:
TB12 wrote:
SpoilerShow

I paid £30 for two tickets <awe> At an independent cinema in the middle of London as well! The screen had 5 rows of seats. It was amazing. The Curzon Victoria if anybody's interested.

SpoilerShow
Though it was entertaining, and definitely old-school star wars, I was unsatisfied by a couple of things, mostly minor. First, and most seriously, Finn is totally underdeveloped and unexplained as a character. He has apparently been brought up since birth to do murder children and take out trash and then one day he just suddenly becomes a 100% good guy with absolutely no internal conflict. Second, the set up for a lot of the main character introductions (aforementioned Finn, Rey & Finn's meeting) were faintly ridiculous and too "oh my God what a crazy coincidence"-style. However, I loved a lot of stuff - the cinematography, the feel of the whole thing, is authentic star wars. I really don't think Han Solo has actually died... it seems like a crappy way for him to go, if so. He hadn't really done much beforehand (by Han Solo standards).
Well I loved it <awe> There's a fair amount of stuff that seemed like obvious fan service but at it's root it was just a fun action movie. I'd say it did it's job of setting up a new trilogy.
SpoilerShow
Re: Finn, you see him on probably his first actual mission and not being able to handle the reality of it. I think it works pretty well considering up to that point he'd probably only been doing janitorial stuff and training so it's reasonable enough that he wouldn't actually take to his first taste of action. Also, I think Han Solo has 100% died. Harrison Ford's wanted him dead for 30 years, there's no way he'd give up a chance to let him finally go, and in a suitable way.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:53 pm

LiDL wrote:
Speedo wrote:

SpoilerShow
Well I loved it <awe> There's a fair amount of stuff that seemed like obvious fan service but at it's root it was just a fun action movie. I'd say it did it's job of setting up a new trilogy.
SpoilerShow
Re: Finn, you see him on probably his first actual mission and not being able to handle the reality of it. I think it works pretty well considering up to that point he'd probably only been doing janitorial stuff and training so it's reasonable enough that he wouldn't actually take to his first taste of action. Also, I think Han Solo has 100% died. Harrison Ford's wanted him dead for 30 years, there's no way he'd give up a chance to let him finally go, and in a suitable way.
SpoilerShow
Fair enough about Han Solo. I think I just want him to survive because he's great. On Finn - I totally accept that premise, but what makes no sense is the sudden total rebellion - immediately giving up everything you've ever worked for and believed in for the rebellion. It just doesn't make sense that he would switch as fast as he did. He switches sides with certainty immediately which I just did not find believable. Maybe it will be explained in 8/9 - the force in him or something. But it doesn't make sense to me at this point.
I had the first custom w***